Author Topic: Prediction Markets now available in GUI  (Read 17730 times)

Offline morpheus

• View Profile
No feed for NFC game?

What do you mean?

The OP said short and sell for one condition and buy and hold for another. There was nothing for sale and I couldn't short.

So participants have to trust the person or people who created the PM instead of a decentralized oracle of some sort?

Offline morpheus

• View Profile
 +5% +5% +5%

Are you going to do a PM for the Super Bowl?

Can open bids, asks, and collateral positions be cancelled at the beginning of the game?

Can these PMs be created through the gui at this point in time?

Offline Riverhead

No feed for NFC game?

What do you mean?

The OP said short and sell for one condition and buy and hold for another. There was nothing for sale and I couldn't short.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
GUI not easy enough

can we just  big -middle- little  for luckyball
     win- draw-lose  for game

Offline sports-owner

• View Profile
alright.  I am about to close the market.

Offline Riverhead

Offline sports-owner

• View Profile
First game is over.  Those that were long on SPORTS.NFLAFC win.  I will close the market in a couple of hours.  I want to give anyone that borrowed and didn't sell a chance to close their borrow position. 

Also its now time for the second game.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

BTS fees can easily be adjusted by the committee, to keep up with changes in underlying value.

Trust me.. there is nothing 'easy' about adjusting fees in the Committee. We just currently make it look that way! :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Chronos

BTS fees can easily be adjusted by the committee, to keep up with changes in underlying value.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I definitely think its too high.  The problem is that its the same operation as force settling any other bitasset.  Some may not want to lower the fee for fear that more people will force settle.

What does everyone else think?
Aren't you a LTM?

Yes.  40bts is not too bad.  I am also making PM purchases of 1000 plus bts so its a small fee if the PM ends up true. 

I think this fee is too large to help us get traction with our PM feature.  It is too high to build a business around.

Currently 200 BTS is only 60 cents ($0.60).  The problem is what happens when the price of BTS goes much higher?    In general, we need to stop setting fees in BTS and instead set them in something stable, probably either BitUSD or BitCNY.  This is why I think the initiative to move towards percentage-based transfer fees is so important.  You can't have fees that vary based on the changing value of BTS.  Businesses can't build around that.

Offline sports-owner

• View Profile
This is revolutionary.

One question. From the docs:

Since PM-Assets can technically be pegged by any other asset, you may need to pay USD (or anything else) instead of BTS.
However, the asset is still backed by BTS, correct? So, in a rising BTS market, winners stand to gain more than they would in a falling BTS market?

You are 100% correct in challenging the efficacy of prediction markets with a bts base.  Sadly there are no sub markets that are currently liquid enough to use.  With todays news I am thinking my next market may be openUSD based.  If there is enough traffic this could solve some of our problems.

Offline Chronos

This is revolutionary.

One question. From the docs:

Since PM-Assets can technically be pegged by any other asset, you may need to pay USD (or anything else) instead of BTS.
However, the asset is still backed by BTS, correct? So, in a rising BTS market, winners stand to gain more than they would in a falling BTS market?

Offline Riverhead

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I definitely think its too high.  The problem is that its the same operation as force settling any other bitasset.  Some may not want to lower the fee for fear that more people will force settle.

What does everyone else think?
Aren't you a LTM?

Yes.  40bts is not too bad.  I am also making PM purchases of 1000 plus bts so its a small fee if the PM ends up true. 

I think this fee is too large to help us get traction with our PM feature.  It is too high to build a business around. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads