Author Topic: Unanswered question thread  (Read 9551 times)

Offline Endless

• View Profile
  • BitShares: End
Re: Unanswered question thread
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2016, 10:37:53 pm »
I looked at the ethereum website, https://www.ethereum.org/ you mean this site? I don't understand what it would do? Would it replace MUSE or just help someone work with it?

The allure I believe @Marky001 is referring to is the positive and verbose press Ethereum has garnered along with a developer-friendly sandbox type atmosphere around Ethereum and Javascript.
However that said although Ethereum is very popular in the Crypto community it doesn't really resonate with the target audience of Peertracks who by and large don't know or care about either project.
What Graphene provides intrinsically in terms of UIA control and network speed is a long way off in Ethereum and would need to be developed independently on top of all the other development work required by Peertracks.

Thanks for the detailed response, I was confused about the difference in features but that explained it well, so Ethereum is really customized for something else not really muse related. So I guess I have the same question already posted earlier, what is in ethereum that is so important tech wise that makes it a deal breaker if not used? Is there some details about some issues in muse that was posted here that I missed? I have been lurking here for a while, but finally got brave enough to dive into this discussion.  :D

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2016, 10:44:47 pm »
I looked at the ethereum website, https://www.ethereum.org/ you mean this site? I don't understand what it would do? Would it replace MUSE or just help someone work with it?

The allure I believe @Marky001 is referring to is the positive and verbose press Ethereum has garnered along with a developer-friendly sandbox type atmosphere around Ethereum and Javascript.
However that said although Ethereum is very popular in the Crypto community it doesn't really resonate with the target audience of Peertracks who by and large don't know or care about either project.
What Graphene provides intrinsically in terms of UIA control and network speed is a long way off in Ethereum and would need to be developed independently on top of all the other development work required by Peertracks.

Thanks for the detailed response, I was confused about the difference in features but that explained it well, so Ethereum is really customized for something else not really muse related. So I guess I have the same question already posted earlier, what is in ethereum that is so important tech wise that makes it a deal breaker if not used? Is there some details about some issues in muse that was posted here that I missed? I have been lurking here for a while, but finally got brave enough to dive into this discussion.  :D

Welcome to the discussion! A better way to think about Ethereum is not so much a product but a distributed smart contract development platform. Developers can write pretty much anything they want and have it execute on the blockchain as a smart contract. Ethereum could handle MUSE but there would be a lot of reinventing the wheel. Also what may have influenced the decision is that Ethereum wasn't released when MUSE/Peertracks started.

TravelsAsia

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2016, 11:58:53 pm »
[member=2216]cob[/member]

Thank you for addressing investors questions. Although we have some major disagreements on some of the things you said about communicating the issues, I'm satisfied with the direction and look forward to seeing something to test down the road.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2016, 12:44:31 am »
- what about the exchanges?
- poloniex, chinese exchanges?

- if you are raising new funds what relevance will our muse investment have then? I mean not a single word about muse and liquidity

There's been a few of us already in contact with the exchanges (ClayOp, Xeroc and myself come to mind). I know Xeroc was following up with Poloniex, I will follow-up with Bill from Bittrex tonight. Not much luck on the Chinese exchanges so far from my end.

so why are exchanges not interested?

I was pushing Muse in the poloniex trollbox and someone said "No reason for adding muse, because it will be dead soon anyway"

No i might understand why poloniex is not adding...

What will happen? People will dump to sub 100sat? The liquidity is key right now. Some weeks ago MUSE had over 30k of volume, what was this?

btw: thats the link to the article from Germany:
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/digital/lieder-kaufen-im-internet-nach-bitcoin-blockchain-soll-musikindustrie-auf-den-kopf-stellen-1.2751548
They should. Because they still have customers MUSE for pts.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2016, 11:27:45 am »
[member=2216]cob[/member]

Thank you for addressing investors questions. Although we have some major disagreements on some of the things you said about communicating the issues, I'm satisfied with the direction and look forward to seeing something to test down the road.
Yes thank you for the update Cob.  You deserve a great deal of credit for your hard work and passion for this project.....you've clearly given plenty of yourself to it.  I am excited that so much has been accomplished but I would like to list some key points for the next stage;

Please increase community involvement greatly in the lead up to launch.  I mean regular concise updates and wherever possible, ask for help....we need to build momentum and buzz.
Make sure that when the product is launched, it is a significant step forward and really worthy of the incredible vision for the project.
Try to demonstrate lessons learned about our approach to marketing, PR and engagement within and outside the existing community.
Remember ease of use is key with all the new ideas and functionality that will be available to music fans.

Good luck with the next stage.  I really think this project retains it's massive potential and believe the rewards for your hard work, everyone's hard work are around the corner.

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2016, 03:27:37 pm »
Yes I'll definitely post here more often. Not necessarily to make official updates. But just to have a presence.

And yes! Help is always appreciated. A couple of forumers have added me on skype, PMed me and even emailed me for all sorts of reasons, I think those are the same people that feel more confident about the project and less "ah shit this is a scam isn't it?"

So for that reason I'll try to have a better presence here and once again, when you feel like helping out, reach out to me and let me know where you think you can help.

Right now, our main focus is development and MUSE integration FYI.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2016, 05:41:44 pm »
[member=2216]cob[/member]: if you want us to help and promote the project then hurry to get the webpage running!

As I mentioned already, people think it is a joke!

And what about the alpha tests you mentioned months ago?

Why didn't you reply to those questions? These are substantial topics!

TravelsAsia

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2016, 09:52:18 pm »
[member=2216]cob[/member]: if you want us to help and promote the project then hurry to get the webpage running!

I agree with you there. The webpage is a major turn-off.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2016, 10:27:22 pm »

Which site? Peertracks?

TravelsAsia

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2016, 01:23:55 am »

Which site? Peertracks?

Yes

Offline Endless

• View Profile
  • BitShares: End
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2016, 04:21:23 pm »
Which site? Peertracks?

Yes
I read this a lot but never a reason why. Site doesn't work? Site is ugly? What about the site turns you off to it?

Offline bitacer

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2016, 05:02:19 pm »
Static

Offline betax

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2016, 05:02:46 pm »
The peertracks website is fine, it is the muse one that needs to change. I bet [member=224]cass[/member] version is a million times better.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

TravelsAsia

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2016, 07:11:29 pm »
The peertracks website is fine, it is the muse one that needs to change. I bet [member=224]cass[/member] version is a million times better.

I don't want to insult anyone that created the page, but it feels cheap to me.  It reminds of my dislike for the Bitshares page that was rolled out by Brian Page.  If I came across the Peertracks page without prompting, I wouldn't feel confident in investing.  When I get some time later today, I'll post some links on pages that I believe instill confidence. It's a personal feeling but one that echoed by the guys that I've recently convince to buy another 10 BTC worth. I feel like the page didn't do enough to convince him it was a legit project.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 07:17:01 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2016, 07:26:42 pm »
You bought 10btc worth of muse?
Lol, where? Is there a liquid market to make those moves?