Author Topic: Proxy:baozi - proxy for anti-dilution  (Read 11295 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
don't worry, I have supported some workers
but I will not support too many workers or witness because most of them are still very unresponsible.

How are workers unresponsible when you can ping them on Telegram, you get answers
here in the forums, on github and elsewhere?

most of them got support only because that they have good friendship with some proxy.

So you are saying because I do my background research and get to know the people I vote (and vouch) for,
They don't get your votes despite them delivering on *their* promises?
Not sure about everyone else, but that doesn't sound about right to me.

How about we set up a workers group (mailing list, telegram, whatever) so you get to know those workers
better and can judge on *their performance* instead of their connection to me?

Connected with you @xeroc or not connected (completely unreasonable being disconnected from someone of that knowledge on BitShares in technical sense), I've pissed blood and shit babies to get workers that I'm managing now, even for over 8 months - FREE before I actually got a worker!

- Infrastructure worker is 0 management fee. There is over 90% average uptime on all nodes and reduced costs from 3500 USD to ~1600 USD.
- Trusty worker - fuck all, I logged maybe in total 2000 USD for managing entire new DEX - NOW thanks to you Alt/Baozi it's voted out. 7 hard working people are out of income, only one they have and they don't deserve to lose it.
- Bitshares.org worker - pffff don't wanna go there. Off for nearly 10 days thanks to your first refund400k.

Luckily BBF is really good acting as escrow, so all of my workers, and most of other workers can still have enough funds to claim this last month of a year.

What are you trying to prove here ? That you can molest good people because you have cash ? WOW! And I thought we should represent as ecosystem on dpos blockchain EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

Chee®s, enjoy fun while it lasts, we will wait no worries.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
but I will not support too many workers or witness because most of them are still very unresponsible.

How are workers unresponsible when you can ping them on Telegram, you get answers
here in the forums, on github and elsewhere?

most of them got support only because that they have good friendship with some proxy.

So you are saying because I do my background research and get to know the people I vote (and vouch) for,
They don't get your votes despite them delivering on *their* promises?
Not sure about everyone else, but that doesn't sound about right to me.

How about we set up a workers group (mailing list, telegram, whatever) so you get to know those workers
better and can judge on *their performance* instead of their connection to me?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:19:18 am by xeroc »

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline Thom

I highly recommend that people who are voting for this proxy should think again what they are doing.

Bitshares isn't just another pump'n'dump currency but a DAC. This means we are a company that is creating services and products for paying customers.

Currently baozi is voting against every worker proposal except refund and burn workers. This is basically same thing as voting for destruction of Bitshares. Without any development we are pretty much unable to serve our customers. Without customers we can't be a succesful company and make money.

For example xeroc's worker proposals are highly valuable for DAC because they enable other businesses to build on Bitshares blockchain. By voting against these proposals, you are voting for restraining other businesses and developers using Bitshares. Is that really what you want?

Also the whole antidilution talk is misleading. There is no dilution anymore in Bitshares. The quantity of BTS is hardcapped to 3.7 billion. If you want to grow the portion of BTS that is in the reserve pool, it is much better choice to try to get more paying customers rather than deny a salary for a worker. It is true that not paying a salary for a employee is a way to save money for a company, but it is also highly risky way of action because it is very hard for a company to become succesful and make lots of money without any employees.

So I think you have misunderstood the concept of DAC. If you don't like the current model that we have now (no dilution, reserve pool) you should suggest a better model rather than bluntly hamper the development of Bitshares. Voting for baozi is not helping anybody, on the contrary it is a way to decrease the value of BTS which will harm all of us.

I totally agree with you. This seems to be the same sentiment returning as we saw in the last bear market of 2015 and 2016. It severely hurt our progress. Now that we have solid dev teams for core and UI here comes alt and boazi to HALT ALL workers under the guise of "anti-dilution".

There is no dilution going on here. The amount of BTS is fixed, set in stone.

It is crazy to push for this and I sincerely hope proxies join together to defeat this wave of ANTI-PROGRESS.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline kennybll-accnt

So you would rather have barely any development on the official, and other frontends, as well as stop some RPCs and nodes. Do you not think bitshares-org, bitshares-ui, spokesperson, rossul-ui, hackthedex, infrastructure are important? To those who proxy to baozi please think about these workers.
Bitshares witness: kennybll-accnt
Whaleshares witness: kennybll-witness

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
@Samupaha
Currently baozi is voting against every worker proposal except refund and burn workers. This is basically same thing as voting for destruction of Bitshares.

This is not against all proposals, but to raise the threshold for the budget.
As there is still some high ticket through the proposal (#1 and #2 below), which is a way to filter highly valuable worker proposal.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I highly recommend that people who are voting for this proxy should think again what they are doing.

Bitshares isn't just another pump'n'dump currency but a DAC. This means we are a company that is creating services and products for paying customers.

Currently baozi is voting against every worker proposal except refund and burn workers. This is basically same thing as voting for destruction of Bitshares. Without any development we are pretty much unable to serve our customers. Without customers we can't be a succesful company and make money.

For example xeroc's worker proposals are highly valuable for DAC because they enable other businesses to build on Bitshares blockchain. By voting against these proposals, you are voting for restraining other businesses and developers using Bitshares. Is that really what you want?

Also the whole antidilution talk is misleading. There is no dilution anymore in Bitshares. The quantity of BTS is hardcapped to 3.7 billion. If you want to grow the portion of BTS that is in the reserve pool, it is much better choice to try to get more paying customers rather than deny a salary for a worker. It is true that not paying a salary for a employee is a way to save money for a company, but it is also highly risky way of action because it is very hard for a company to become succesful and make lots of money without any employees.

So I think you have misunderstood the concept of DAC. If you don't like the current model that we have now (no dilution, reserve pool) you should suggest a better model rather than bluntly hamper the development of Bitshares. Voting for baozi is not helping anybody, on the contrary it is a way to decrease the value of BTS which will harm all of us.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
setup proxy to baozi if you are anti-dilution

this account will against all dilution workers without reason,
so please remove this proxy if you feel it's time to dilution to support those workers.
and don't try to persuade this account change the votes,
you should persuade those persons who set this account as proxy.

如果你反对增发稀释,请把 baozi 设置为投票代理

这个帐号会无条件反对所有稀释的 worker
如果你觉得是合适的时候使用增发支持 worker了,请停用这个代理
另外请不要试图说服这个帐号改变投票,试着去说服那些把这个帐号设为代理的人。
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:18:57 am by alt »