Author Topic: How to increase BTS market cap (simple crude method)  (Read 9305 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I'm not a fan of baseless pumping but the release of STEALTH on the 18th, is something tangible to promote to speculators on the Polo trollbox where a lot of new money is floating about thanks to ETH.

agreed. short-term new feature pops are just noise in the long run. i'm more interested in developing a serious trading community on our platform.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Given up on the pump already? Educate, set orders and get ready. +5%

TravelsAsia

I'm not a fan of baseless pumping but the release of STEALTH on the 18th, is something tangible to promote to speculators on the Polo trollbox where a lot of new money is floating about thanks to ETH.

Simple conversations about BTS is the way to go. Last week I saw @xeroc do a great job educating some misconceptions about BTS. Maybe when he has a moment, he could outline some of things he talked about.  It didn't feel pumpish at all, just to the point on what BitShares has to offer.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile
I officially declare the pump failed :D
You was not trolling hard enough in trollbox.

iHashFury

Like to trade a little different! http://bit.ly/BitShares-Exchange

Got a few sign-ups :) already from the troll box

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
currently no one can trade on Polo. People are  asking for a decentralize exchange! Now is the time for everyone to go on Polo troll box and advertise our DEX and now is the time to bring that liquidity in our DEX by not asking absurd premiums for the bitassets!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
I amaze myself sometimes. I spent a solid 4 hours in the polo trollbox last night talking  about BTS.
when I started it was 0.000093 by the time I went to bed it was 0.00014

You may worship me now.

It's tedious but it works, just say something slightly different with a positive twist that includes  BTS every 30secs to keep it fresh in peoples minds.

Nice work. Those traders have deep pockets. Polo is their workdesk and the chat is their social water-cooler ;)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I amaze myself sometimes. I spent a solid 4 hours in the polo trollbox last night talking  about BTS.
when I started it was 0.000093 by the time I went to bed it was 0.00014

You may worship me now.

It's tedious but it works, just say something slightly different with a positive twist that includes  BTS every 30secs to keep it fresh in peoples minds.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Put up buysupports and keep accoumulatin slowly on dips.I think we can go to at least 60 mill within a week.  ETH-gain logically gains us too, we're one of the closests   alternatives to it.

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile
I am 1BTC up.  :D
More hype please!

You can buy some Feathercoins! It's the copper to the Litecoins silver! 

Even better, buy some nubits and HODLLL!

Nah, I have enough FTC, thanks.

Its time to hold BTS now.

chryspano

I am 1BTC up.  :D
More hype please!

You can buy some Feathercoins! It's the copper to the Litecoins silver! 

Even better, buy some nubits and HODLLL!

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile

iHashFury

Education and promotion via the trollbox.

Keep it simple - wins every time!

Offline particlewave

• View Profile
Oh wow.  And I thought all this time Jim Cramer was a trollbox. :o

Offline fuzzy

Many of you will scoff at this but it does work.

Cryptotraders hangout on poloniex and they see the troll box. 
They are influenced by what is said in the troll box and they get news from the trollbox. (they will deny this)
Newly rich speculators from eth and maid will be looking for the next big trade to double their money again.

I always see people talking up eth maid factom etc but never BTS
If there were a bunch of us in there daily talking up the benefits of BTS it could generate real interest and hype.
This kind of hype can quickly see large rallies, especially in low volume coins like bts.
A 50% rally in a day is easy and sustainable after the drops BTS has suffered in the last year.
A large rally generates more intrigue and interest and can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I know a lot of you programming geniuses will think that the technical superiority will eventually sell bts but the truth is perception is everything in trading.
And perceptions can be changed by constantly repeating something until people believe it.

Speculators jump on trends and rumors and these are easier to generate than you might realise.
We should be in there daily talking it up. 
Maybe on liquidity day (29th Feb) we should all turn up there and generate some hype.

I am @londonwhale in poloniex trollbox and anything I say in there should be dismissed as gibberish.
PUMP PUMP To da MOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!

I never realized that BTS is so much desperate.
Its sad. Trollbox does not make market, whales do.
And BTS whales are gone.

Yeh.  It isn't like we have the fastest and most scalable blockchain in the world...

"BTS is shit" is a bs lie.  Dig the feathercoin avatar though--how is their scalability and tx speed prob going?  How is their community voting on changing?  Can you offer some important perspectives that give value to the conversation?

I am not saying BTS is shit.
Just the method rise the price by hyping the shit out of it in trollbox... man, seriously?

FTC is just fine, fast and secure blockchain. Thanks for asking.

My point is this:  it isn't a bad idea...we should test just about any idea that doesn't risk our total destruction. 

Feathercoin's community (where you were a big member if I recall correctly) did little to nothing...and now sits somewhere around #80 on cmc.  Meanwhile bitshares remains in the top 10 of ALL cryptos...So how is this "sad"?
More importantly... from what data did you draw your conclusion of all whales being gone?

I am not trying to be an asshole here...just trying to provide some context to such a negative (and unfounded) opinion.

With that said, why not acknowledge our speed and scalability in the comment about how "sad" a state bitshares is in?  Perhaps it doesn't fit the narrative you are portraying...

I am still "big" member at FTC. I am quite comfortable with FTC being no.80 or so on coinmarketcap.

Well, if whales are not dead yet... Bring it on :)
I need to dump BTS I bought today for some profit.
Thank you.

And you know what, if you really think trollbox hype helps... go for it.
I wouldn't  mind if price rise this way. Just from what i observed you can hype your pants out, if whales do not cooperate ... trollbox itself is like 5% of effect.

we can agree on the last one. ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

IMHO using the trollbox is as good as any other marketing strategy. Both try to manipulate others to something for you.

Its a start, but we can do marketing way better (at least I havent lost hope yet) [emoji14]

we could talk to ronny about the cost to have articles written on forbes...but then again that would be asking shareholders to "dilute"...to which I personally say please DO (bit i am likely in the minority camp on this one).

Offline CLains

• View Profile
They dont talk about BTS because they all got burned really hard in october.  We actually got a bunch of polo traders and investors on board bitshares, and then certain BTS holders used it to dump all over them really hard.  Thats why BTS has had no momentum for months.

The best indicator is when the price is rising despite any hype or news or anything, just solid momentum building up.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
They dont talk about BTS because they all got burned really hard in october.  We actually got a bunch of polo traders and investors on board bitshares, and then certain BTS holders used it to dump all over them really hard.  Thats why BTS has had no momentum for months.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
IMHO using the trollbox is as good as any other marketing strategy. Both try to manipulate others to something for you.

Its a start, but we can do marketing way better (at least I havent lost hope yet) [emoji14]

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile

They are influenced by what is said in the troll box and they get news from the trollbox. (they will deny this)
Newly rich speculators from eth and maid will be looking for the next big trade to double their money again.

If there were a bunch of us in there daily talking up the benefits of BTS it could generate real interest and hype.
This kind of hype can quickly see large rallies, especially in low volume coins like bts.
A 50% rally in a day is easy and sustainable after the drops BTS has suffered in the last year.
A large rally generates more intrigue and interest and can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I know a lot of you programming geniuses will think that the technical superiority will eventually sell bts but the truth is perception is everything in trading.
And perceptions can be changed by constantly repeating something until people believe it.

Speculators jump on trends and rumors and these are easier to generate than you might realise.
Maybe on liquidity day (29th Feb) we should all turn up there and generate some hype.

I am @londonwhale in poloniex trollbox and anything I say in there should be dismissed as gibberish.

And BTS whales are gone.

Yeh.  It isn't like we have the fastest and most scalable blockchain in the world...

"BTS is shit" is a bs lie.  Dig the feathercoin avatar though--how is their scalability and tx speed prob going?  How is their community voting on changing?  Can you offer some important perspectives that give value to the conversation?

Just the method rise the price by hyping the shit out of it in trollbox... man, seriously?

My point is this:  it isn't a bad idea...we should test just about any idea that doesn't risk our total destruction. 

Feathercoin's community (where you were a big member if I recall correctly) did little to nothing...and now sits somewhere around #80 on cmc.  Meanwhile bitshares remains in the top 10 of ALL cryptos...So how is this "sad"?
More importantly... from what data did you draw your conclusion of all whales being gone?

I am not trying to be an asshole here...just trying to provide some context to such a negative (and unfounded) opinion.

With that said, why not acknowledge our speed and scalability in the comment about how "sad" a state bitshares is in?  Perhaps it doesn't fit the narrative you are portraying...

I am still "big" member at FTC. I am quite comfortable with FTC being no.80 or so on coinmarketcap.

Well, if whales are not dead yet... Bring it on :)
I need to dump BTS I bought today for some profit.
Thank you.

And you know what, if you really think trollbox hype helps... go for it.
I wouldn't  mind if price rise this way. Just from what i observed you can hype your pants out, if whales do not cooperate ... trollbox itself is like 5% of effect.

Offline fuzzy

And BTS whales are gone.

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile

And BTS whales are gone.

Offline fuzzy

And BTS whales are gone.

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
I scoff in your general direction. But glad if it works for you.

Nothing personal. Just having fun.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:15:34 pm by Vizzini »
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
I agree, was just about to post something like this. In addition we should all buy a small amount each day the following days; this is the time for great pumps, just as ETH tops out. I am slowly putting my profits from other pumps into BTS, and I hope you all do the same this crucial next week!  +5%

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
yhea .. we are having great fun there
Great work today on poloniex troll box xeroc  :). I was tempted to sell some of my recently purchased ETH and repurchase BTS.
I agree with JonnyBicoin, a lot of guys are influenced by troll box.

Offline ncinic

• View Profile
Just make a female profile on a penpal site or dating site and tell all the men about BTS

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile

And BTS whales are gone.

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

iHashFury

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
yhea .. we are having great fun there

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares