Author Topic: Is there a creative way to sell Lisk on the Dex prior to the mid April launch?  (Read 11337 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Not a bad idea really:

1. Everyone here pledge some of Lisk (that we will be compensated for at the average selling price when Lisk becomes liquid).
2. Someone (call him the Orchestrator), creates a UIA from the total pool and builds a market in bitUSD like this:

1000 bitLisk at 0.10 bitUSD each
2000 bitLisk at 0.15 bitUSD each
3000 bitLisk at 0.20 bitUSD each
4000 bitLisk at 0.25 bitUSD each
etc.

IMO this cannot work. What if all coins will be sold instantly in the beginning? If you cannot prove that you posses something, you should not be able to sell it.

Of course we can create bitLisk... and you can create new bitLisk with BTS as collateral... but I guess, at the beginning there will be not to many shorters.

BitLisk might be an option.

If the price longs offer is above the ICO price, then people that hold actual Lisk would be willing to short a bit of  BitLisk to hedge.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline noisy

Not a bad idea really:

1. Everyone here pledge some of Lisk (that we will be compensated for at the average selling price when Lisk becomes liquid).
2. Someone (call him the Orchestrator), creates a UIA from the total pool and builds a market in bitUSD like this:

1000 bitLisk at 0.10 bitUSD each
2000 bitLisk at 0.15 bitUSD each
3000 bitLisk at 0.20 bitUSD each
4000 bitLisk at 0.25 bitUSD each
etc.

IMO this cannot work. What if all coins will be sold instantly in the beginning? If you cannot prove that you posses something, you should not be able to sell it.

Of course we can create bitLisk... and you can create new bitLisk with BTS as collateral... but I guess, at the beginning there will be not to many shorters.
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Someone take the charge and just do it.  ;)

I'd chip in my Lisk as well  +5%

I would also be willing to chip in some LISK (perhaps up to 1 BTC worth) if someone takes the reins on this.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Yeah I was sort of hoping the same. I can give a few and even pay the asset registration fee assuming it's only those 4k or 5k, but would prefer if someone with more experience on this kind of stuff could handle it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Akado

• View Profile
@Ander didn't you have some? @21xhipster do you?

I doubt my 2-3 btc of Lisk will go very far in this, plus I dont want to sell them.

Well, you could always place them for sell at a high price, which you're comfortable with. I have a few also but it's a tiny amount so it wouldn't do much I guess, would need to pool them together with someone else.

What if we could have people "donate" 500 or 1000 lisk each, it doesn't seem like a huge amount, for this cause? And the UIA owner - someone trustworthy - would place the sells at the price each donor asked him to. Then at the end he could redeem them for real lisk. Assuming donors are also trustworthy.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:50:06 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
@Ander didn't you have some? @21xhipster do you?

I doubt my 2-3 btc of Lisk will go very far in this, plus I dont want to sell them.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
What's Dad, I mean Dan always saying to us:

"We need to focus on the problems that only BitShares can solve"

That way, we have a monopoly (well, at least for 3 weeks!)

Right now, there are more "Lisk" threads on bitcointalk than "Monero" threads!

It's clearly the hottest coin in the world, because it is billed as "Ethereum (with actual dapps)(and powered by DPOS!).  Some are saying that because Lisk already has real dapps in its dappstore, that it will rise higher than Ethereum.

The question is:

does the BitShares community want some cheap buzz?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:20:51 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

TravelsAsia

Something close to 3500 people contributed, I'd love to get even 5% of those people learninget about our offering. It seems like a huge marketing opportunity.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
All you need is a group of people that hold LISK from the crowdsale and that can be trusted .. then you can do the same thing as Ethercoin did pre-Ethereum genesis
There is another project doing this for REP/Augur: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22032.new.html#new

However, this obviously involves an IOU and thus has counterparty risk

Could the trusted party be required to put up BTC in escrow as a form of collateral? I would want to give reassurance that the Lisk market makers lose if they don't fulfill their obligation.

I'd pony up a couple thousand Lisk for this.  You could even have shady characters like myself send Fuzzy or whoever the orchestrator is some BTS to hold for collateral just in case I don't pay up and skip town never to be heard from again (reduce the risk on the Orchestrator by those of us who want to see BTS pumped but don't want to put up any Lisk or just plain don't have any ;)

We could do an escrow type thing to help bring more liquidity into our Lisk/bitUSD market.

But as far as finding enough Lisk holders in this community, well it shouldn't be hard because many here loved Lisk back when it was called "Mini DPOS" or "Crypti"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:51:49 pm by Erlich Bachman »

TravelsAsia

All you need is a group of people that hold LISK from the crowdsale and that can be trusted .. then you can do the same thing as Ethercoin did pre-Ethereum genesis
There is another project doing this for REP/Augur: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22032.new.html#new

However, this obviously involves an IOU and thus has counterparty risk

Could the trusted party be required to put up BTC in escrow as a form of collateral? I would want to give reassurance that the Lisk market makers lose if they don't fulfill their obligation.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I like this. It would give us exposure and flag us as a trustworthy community. However, by the time Lisk is on exchanges, we need to have a gateway working, otherwise you know what kind of accusations we will get, plus we need Lisk holders that are willing to sell.

No, we just need to act quickly when Lisk becomes liquid, and get them their product manually, we don't need anything fancy.

Yeah, it's not "automated" or "trustless"

in fact it's "manual" and "boring slow"

but it's effective, and gets the job done: (puts the BitShares wallet into many new hands, and provides a useful service by getting Lisk into their hands too)

It's good old fashioned grass roots marketing.

Who's up to the task.

If we act now, we can claim Lisk market exclusivity for at least 2 weeks!!

2 weeks of promotion!!!

I'd pony up a couple thousand Lisk for this.  You could even have shady characters like myself send Fuzzy or whoever the orchestrator is some BTS to hold for collateral just in case I don't pay up and skip town never to be heard from again (reduce the risk on the Orchestrator by those of us who want to see BTS pumped but don't want to put up any Lisk or just plain don't have any ;)

Because I really don't give a shit about Lisk, I just want to market BTS!

But I did buy Lisk. Why?

Because DPOS kicks fuckinass!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:40:25 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
I like this. It would give us exposure and flag us as a trustworthy community. However, by the time Lisk is on exchanges, we need to have a gateway working, otherwise you know what kind of accusations we will get, plus we need Lisk holders that are willing to sell.