Author Topic: [ANN] [STEEM] Introducing Steem, Looking for Witnesses / Miners  (Read 115174 times)

Offline bytemaster

Bug Fix Hardfork - Update Required to latest master within 21 hours.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Rossco99

• View Profile

Good-Day steemit Community

I believe in the steemit vision founded on the social esteem ideal and what better way to pledge support than to host a witness node.

An apt witness name wouldn't you say 'boatymcboatface', a failed democratic / public consensus naming contest given new life on the block chain which aims to correct this very failure.

Freedom, Life, Liberty and Property for All

Node Location: AWS Sydney Australia

Witness Name: boatymcboatface

seed-node = 52.63.172.229:2001

Code: [Select]
vote_for_witness "YOURACCOUNTNAME" "boatymcboatface" true true
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:15:38 pm by Rossco99 »

Offline nextgencrypto

• View Profile
Hi all-

I have set up a witness node located in Los Angeles, California that includes DDOS protection, automatic backups, and can easily be scaled up to meet the needs of the network.
Being one of the top public VEST holders, I am committed to providing long-term support to the STEEM network and am fortunate enough to have plenty of time to react to updates and other situations as needed. Additional plans to support STEEM will be announced shortly.

Account: nextgencrypto
Seed URL: http://steemwitness.com:2001

To vote in support of my witness, please use the following command: vote_for_witness youraccount nextgencrypto true true

Thank you in advance for your support!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Is this supposed to be a social media platform, or are these guys talking about something completely unrelated?
yea kinda like reddit

was this supposed to be top secret information or something?
Join steem slack channel, you'll know. http://steem.herokuapp.com/
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

iHashFury

My STEEM witness information is on the blockchain  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:26:11 pm by iHashFury »

Offline JA

• View Profile
Is this supposed to be a social media platform, or are these guys talking about something completely unrelated?
yea kinda like reddit

what why?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:19:36 pm by jabbajabbaつ◕_◕つ »

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

yea kinda like reddit

Offline JA

• View Profile
yea kinda like reddit

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Offline betax

• View Profile
I have to say I am really impressed of what I have seen already :).. great work !!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline betax

• View Profile
Wow I always miss all parties :). This is PTS again... I hope Brownies are good.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JA

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Hiya puppies, that's incredibly kind of you.  I'm afraid I only have a Windows laptop.  I've bought a small amount of Steem and I'm happy with that for now. Thank you so much for your offer to help!

If you change your mind it should be pretty easy to get you up and running in a secure way.  If you pick an existing bts public key from your bts wallet, all you need to do is to give that public key to someone running the steem cli that can register that account for you.  I think it requires 100 steem to be vested in the account, and they should be able to register the account by replacing the BTS at the beginning with STM.

From there you can export the private key from the bts gui and import it into the steem webwallet.  You will be able to transfer, transfer to vesting, and withdraw from vesting all from the steem webwallet.  If your goal is to purchase steem, transfer to your wallet and vest, then that should be well served by this method.

Ok puppies, you've convinced me to try :)  I have some Steem (in bittrex)  i'd like to vest.  So I need a BitShares 2.0 public key (for which I know the private key.)  Sounds silly but from where in wallet do i get the public key?  I'd like to give you the public key, if you are willing to hand hold me through this?  Also, is your bts account 'puppies' ?  I'll send over some bts to say thank you.

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
Where can I find best instructions for building CLI wallet for Linux.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
bot syntax has been changed.

To make it easier for non cli users to register accounts on the steem network I set up a bot that will register accounts for you.  If you send at least 100STEEM to the steem account register with the memo "STEEMPUBLICKEY;requestedaccountname" it will attempt to register requestedaccountname with a public key of STEEMPUBLICKEY.  If you do not have a steem public key you can reuse a bts public private key pair by replacing the BTS at the beginning with STM.  Just make sure you have the private key. 

It is a really simple bot that I whipped up really quick, and it may run into issues.  I would suggest looking at steemit.com/@register look at the transactions and see if the bot looks like its up.  The memo will need to be a working steem public key followed by a : and then a viable steem name.  All lowercase starts with a letter not a number etc.

Sadly this bot is almost entirely worthless due to the only exchange that currently lists steem having way too short of a memo field.  its not even long enough for a public key let alone a public key and an account name.  I don't know if you will be able to use memos from openledger when the gui is updated.   
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:28:39 pm by puppies »