Author Topic: STEEM price discussion  (Read 13594 times)

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Just to set things straight here. I was asked weeks ago if I would be ready to have an article put through on STEEM via Forbes. I was also told that OpenLedger was meant to be first platform to trade STEEM.

None of this has happened, and whatever is the reason for BiTTREX to be the first, you all need to take up with the people orchestrating this, meaning @dannotestein @bytemaster @nedscott

I am enjoying to help promote BitShares and OL on top, but as I have mentioned in previous threads whenever there is a hidden agenda and i feel someone here have been playing on many horses and really made a bad impression on it all.

I hope it will improve soon in terms of how communication has been presented, and I hate to waste my own time and anyone else's for that matter thinking we are on the same page, when in fact someone has already witten the end of the story on his own.

@ccedk
Just tell us when deposits and withdrawal's are allowed on OL and we will take of OPEN.STEEM after that... don't worry!

Is it not already? I thought actually it was made possible a few days ago. Pls test it. Its hard for me to do much on this, as I have received very limited information all in all.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Hey Ronnie,

It's not your fault that Bittrex traded STEEM first.  There was nothing you could do becasue STEEM was a POW launch, not an ICO (which would have allowed you to get access to exclusive STEEM to be able to become the first to trade it).  Becasue it was a mining launch, there could be no stopping them from acquiring STEEM early on.

Your hard work is not unappreciated!
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hcf27
I have some open.steem, is it safe to leave it on the OL wallet?, I dont have a cli_wallet yet, was planning to take them out once the web wallet comes out. What do you guys think?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Just to set things straight here. I was asked weeks ago if I would be ready to have an article put through on STEEM via Forbes. I was also told that OpenLedger was meant to be first platform to trade STEEM.

None of this has happened, and whatever is the reason for BiTTREX to be the first, you all need to take up with the people orchestrating this, meaning @dannotestein @bytemaster @nedscott

I am enjoying to help promote BitShares and OL on top, but as I have mentioned in previous threads whenever there is a hidden agenda and i feel someone here have been playing on many horses and really made a bad impression on it all.

I hope it will improve soon in terms of how communication has been presented, and I hate to waste my own time and anyone else's for that matter thinking we are on the same page, when in fact someone has already witten the end of the story on his own.

@ccedk
Just tell us when deposits and withdrawal's are allowed on OL and we will take of OPEN.STEEM after that... don't worry!

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:26:11 am by ccedk »
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline -banano-

• View Profile
Why STEEM inflation so high?

you can see graphs diverge.

that is inflation so high

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/steem/

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I haven't read much about steem and haven't fully grasped the concept it seems. If it is a social network how can it be the 3.0 / superior model? Isn't BitShares an exchange/bank, etc? It seems it has much more potential in terms of the market it is. Can both even be compared? Isn't it like comparing apples to oranges?
Apples and oranges!

Both serve different needs and only have little in common

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I haven't read much about steem and haven't fully grasped the concept it seems. If it is a social network how can it be the 3.0 / superior model? Isn't BitShares an exchange/bank, etc? It seems it has much more potential in terms of the market it is. Can both even be compared? Isn't it like comparing apples to oranges?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Can somebody explain me how the supply changed in one day from 334000 STEEMs to 402000 STEEMs?
It is 25% in on day! I thought the dilution per day is about 0.3% (113% per year)...I am sure I am missing something  :)

The quantity of available/liquid STEEM also depends on the number of VESTS being withdrawn to STEEM.

So vesting is not a 2 year lock? Penalty for early withdrawal?
VESTS can be converted to STEEM in 104 equal weekly payments, so spread out over two years.

Say you withdraw 104 VESTS, once per week you will receive 1 * STEEM/VESTS ratio STEEM. Right now that ratio is around 55 I think, so you'd get 55 STEEM.

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

Think of VESTS like a perfectly laddered CD. 
1% mature in 1 week
1% in 2 weeks
1% in 3 weeks...

The average maturity is 1 year.

They automatically "roll over" if you are not withdrawing your VESTS.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline svk

Can somebody explain me how the supply changed in one day from 334000 STEEMs to 402000 STEEMs?
It is 25% in on day! I thought the dilution per day is about 0.3% (113% per year)...I am sure I am missing something  :)

The quantity of available/liquid STEEM also depends on the number of VESTS being withdrawn to STEEM.

VESTS can be converted to STEEM in 104 equal weekly payments, so spread out over two years.

Say you withdraw 104 VESTS, once per week you will receive 1 * STEEM/VESTS ratio STEEM. Right now that ratio is around 55 I think, so you'd get 55 STEEM.

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I thought the point of Steem was to attract users to trade a hot new token on OpenLedger, and they just use Bittrex instead?  >:(

What do you mean "they" just use Bittrex instead?  Do you understand that any exchange can list any token at any time, as long as the blockchain is launched?  All an exchange has to do is have a wallet, enable deposit and withdraw in their UI, and issue an IOU token on their platform.  There's nothing the devs of a token can do about it.  Having said that, it's hard to understand how OpenLedger was beaten to the punch by Bittrex.

Data Security Node, [04.04.16 18:50]
Steem will soon be available on BitShares in this market.

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.BTC_OPEN.STEEM

This exchange pair is brought to you by Open Ledger  (aka. CCEDK). 

If you want to trade for FIAT you can also trade this pair:

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.USD_OPEN.STEEM

You can place bids in these markets while we wait for Open Ledger to enable STEEM deposits / withdraws.

Data Security Node, [04.04.16 19:07]
any takers? https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22139.0.html

Data Security Node, [04.04.16 19:23]
@ronnyb can't you get your video guy on this?

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:24]
already posted this to him

Data Security Node, [04.04.16 19:24]
getting in on the ground floor of a new currency like this is HUGE

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:24]
and I may have one or two more videos in my pacj´kage deal, this one is definitely worth working on

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:25]
but could be nice to have someone put together the information needed in it

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:25]
it could help him get done sooner

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:26]
it seems april will be a big month

Data Security Node, [04.04.16 19:26]
if he needs help can you hire someone else to help him?

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:26]
STEEM, LISK, Synereo, DGD(Digix) as open assets

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:27]
nice

I dont need to hire anyone else, he will fin out

I am only saying if someone feels they have the golden thread of making sure all ins there

Data Security Node, [04.04.16 19:30]
sorry.. but when something is important to my business.. I hire and pay someone to get the job done.. all those other coins already has their ICOs.. all the volume passed.. this is volume IN FRONT OF US.. I am urging you to PLEASE treat this with some urgency and make sure this gets all the attention it deserves.. ultimately though it's your business

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:31]
why U think I dont want this

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:32]
I have already been asked for creasting media attention for this, and why should I hire someone if I have a contract for similar already

Data Security Node, [04.04.16 19:32]
because you are in here pandering for free help instead of putting hard resources behind it

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:32]
u think I am asking for free help, so far I have not received anything for free in here

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:33]
except stupid comments

anything lese is paid for whenever a job is done

I even paid 100k bts in order foryou to go online in daily decryupt

how much did you pay

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:34]
what i am saying is, I ask but that is not the same like I ont pay

Data Security Node, [04.04.16 19:36]
Like I said.. its your business.. there is no room for delays on this... its your call

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:37]
everything has its prize, some o it for free, some dont even o it for money, some do it simply to support an idea, and those people needs rewarded, because thjose people are eventyually what makes this kind of project worthwhile. So I pay for whatever I have had done, and I am paying for this one also. I didnt really need you to tell me, but I guess you felt it was soemthing I did not know about, Well i did

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:37]
no delays indeed, its not the same as most important in this world

J St, [04.04.16 19:37]
Ronny try not to be defensive this could increase openledger buyback by 10x in one month

J St, [04.04.16 19:37]
I mean in the first month

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:38]
yes, and I will do all I can, as I have already posted, but sorry, the guy is sleeping

J St, [04.04.16 19:38]
STEEM with the right captain may be as big as bitshares

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:38]
I am going to deal with it, its just that its strange that anyone here thinks I will not act on it

J St, [04.04.16 19:39]
Poloniex became the biggest exchange because of ethereum, if this guy lists points of what he is going to do this could be huge

J St, [04.04.16 19:39]
I understand your position but Data Security Node is just trying to help

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:39]
why should I not, the guy is adding Steem to Open assest

assets

so ofcourse it has top piority

J St, [04.04.16 19:40]
Ok perfect

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:40]
it is one of those things that I am constantly working for

In this scenario time is of the essence

Sorry to reiterate

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:40]
in any scernario

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:41]
np, I may have come out to hard o you data

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:41]
but its just becasue I care for all i do

J St, [04.04.16 19:42]
It takes a great man to admit when he is wrong

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:42]
and sometimes I feel nobody udnerstands how much

Ronny Boesing, [04.04.16 19:42]
gnite
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I thought the point of Steem was to attract users to trade a hot new token on OpenLedger, and they just use Bittrex instead?  >:(

What do you mean "they" just use Bittrex instead?  Do you understand that any exchange can list any token at any time, as long as the blockchain is launched?  All an exchange has to do is have a wallet, enable deposit and withdraw in their UI, and issue an IOU token on their platform.  There's nothing the devs of a token can do about it.  Having said that, it's hard to understand how OpenLedger was beaten to the punch by Bittrex.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Unfortunately Bittrex open Steem trading first.  >:(

actually @ccedk should give the option to deposit/withdraw STEEMs ...
else why should they choose openledger over bittrex?

Offline testz

Unfortunately Bittrex open Steem trading first.  >:(