Author Topic: [ANN-Updated 5/5] Peerplays Prelaunch - Millions are Waiting For You!  (Read 92116 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
More over, as worlwide professional poker players would be highly interested in having a low rake and anonimity, I think that it would be easy to gather them and have help to spread the word.

I know, I wouldn't stop speaking about it on my poker social channels if it would be available.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I imagine poker will be one of the hardest to do but yes I think the word will spread quickly.

PokerStars completely dominate market share but their high rake (up to 8% in some Spin & Go's I think ) + huge 2016 VIP cuts have made them super unpopular imo and regs would jump ship for 1% rake plus the fact that Peerplays would accept US players.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline konelectric

No sharedrop planned? Is sharedrop theory dead?

https://steemit.com/peerplays/@indominon/sharedrop-yesor-no

The @ symbol will aways mess up any links anyone post here because it wants to link to a forum members. You have to come up with a round about way of doing it.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
No sharedrop planned? Is sharedrop theory dead?

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Is Bunkerchain Labs Inc willing to confirm the licensing arrangement with Cryptonomex Inc for the Graphene technology used in Peerplays?

Has Bunkerchain Labs Inc retained the license grant prior to the ICO, or do they anticipate gaining the license grant in the future?

Will any amount of ICO funds raised offset Graphene licensing fees?

Isn't graphene now under MIT licensing?
yes, it's MIT licensed
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Is Bunkerchain Labs Inc willing to confirm the licensing arrangement with Cryptonomex Inc for the Graphene technology used in Peerplays?

Has Bunkerchain Labs Inc retained the license grant prior to the ICO, or do they anticipate gaining the license grant in the future?

Isn't graphene now under MIT licensing? 

Offline Fox

Witness: fox

Offline EstefanTT

More over, as worlwide professional poker players would be highly interested in having a low rake and anonimity, I think that it would be easy to gather them and have help to spread the word.

I know, I wouldn't stop speaking about it on my poker social channels if it would be available.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:31:12 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline EstefanTT

Poker may seem like one of a lot of online gambling games but it's not.

It's the place where tremendous amounts of money are played every day. It's also a field where centralised rooms and governments are killing players with high rakes and exaggerated  taxes.

There is a desperate need for a decentralised poker with low rake and anonymity.
The days it become a reality, there will be a huge interest amongst worldwide professional players.
With a simple communication through the biggest poker forum, that could have an game changing impact on Peerplay.

It's just my opinion but I really think poker hasn't to be neglected in the structure of the platform ;)

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Do you guys have someone on the team who is well-equipped to handle the cryptography integration challenges? I'm looking at the math behind mental poker, and it isn't trivial. The shuffling version of the mental poker protocol seems pretty straightforward but apparently it is too slow for the kind of real-time play online poker players expect.
Eric and I are both experienced at working with cryptographic code and we both have strong mathematical aptitudes. But we haven't delved into details of how we'd implement a random shuffle algorithm yet, because it's not needed for either the initial prototype or the initial "minimal viable product" that will follow the prototype. If it turns out to be beyond our skills, we can certainly engage others to help out.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Pheonike

Do you guys have someone on the team who is well-equipped to handle the cryptography integration challenges? I'm looking at the math behind mental poker, and it isn't trivial. The shuffling version of the mental poker protocol seems pretty straightforward but apparently it is too slow for the kind of real-time play online poker players expect. There is a non-shuffling version suitable for poker, but the math gets a little more hairy (luckily there is readily available code implementing the ElGamal cryptosystem). I would imagine that this might just be the beginning of the kinds of cryptography challenges that will be faced when implementing various provably fair on-chain games (then again maybe card shuffling is the only primitive that will be needed).

Edit: Then there is this paper (warning PDF), which may or may not (I honestly couldn't tell because it was over my head) solve the blockchain bloat issue of using the above (ElGamal) to implement decentralized poker.
Over your head, that's scary.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Do you guys have someone on the team who is well-equipped to handle the cryptography integration challenges? I'm looking at the math behind mental poker, and it isn't trivial. The shuffling version of the mental poker protocol seems pretty straightforward but apparently it is too slow for the kind of real-time play online poker players expect. There is a non-shuffling version suitable for poker, but the math gets a little more hairy (luckily there is readily available code implementing the ElGamal cryptosystem). I would imagine that this might just be the beginning of the kinds of cryptography challenges that will be faced when implementing various provably fair on-chain games (then again maybe card shuffling is the only primitive that will be needed).

Edit: Then there is this paper (warning PDF), which may or may not (I honestly couldn't tell because it was over my head) solve the blockchain bloat issue of using the above (ElGamal) to implement decentralized poker.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 02:09:14 am by arhag »

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Will any of the betting servers be located in the US?  It's against federal law for a US based server to take sports bets.  Not sure how everything will be setup, but hopefully this was taken into account.

We take regulatory matters seriously and have reviewed such issues earlier on. Details on this are coming later, but I can tell you we have already reviewed the matter of regulator concerns.

Betting servers? isn't it supposed to be decentralized?

For server-side tournament or sports betting hosts, all of the tournament management software (brackets, registration and wagering) is built into the blockchain. Host sites can interact with Peerplays via the blockchain API.

Bracket types -  Single & double elimination, round robin, fantasy league brackets, etc.

Registration - Anyone with a Peerplays account can become a "registrar" by simply inputting a start time, date, player account names, bracket size and type, buy-in required, and about 10 other optional parameters, along with a fee, to the Registration smart contract. A tournament ID# is then created.

Wagering - The other players (accounts) who are named by the registrar can then enter the  tournament by sending their buy-in funds to the registration smart contract along with the tournament ID #. When the tournament begins, the smart contract locks up their funds and sends the jackpot to the winner.

Determining the winner:

On chain games - provably fair gaming, as discussed in the whitepaper, which includes on chain RNG (to answer @gamey 's question from earlier in this thread.)

Server-side games - Registrar account is responsible for reporting the winner of each round/bracket. Sports betting is similar, but certain league brackets will likely require the registrar to report additional information like game scores, stats, etc. .

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 11:03:43 pm by CryptoPrometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
It's way more profitable to play 1 more table than lose your time trying to collude with someone.

+5%, randomized seating helps a lot though too.

As a big chunk (very big chunk) of the money a professional poker player win is lost in the rake (around 5% on each pot), the first effective decentralised poker room with a low rake (1%)
could potentially be a huuuuge success and bring lots of money on the plateform.
I know I wouldn't hesitate to play decentralised poker if it allows me to double my annual winnings thanks to a low rake !

+5% 1% rake will be huge.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 10:02:50 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Will any of the betting servers be located in the US?  It's against federal law for a US based server to take sports bets.  Not sure how everything will be setup, but hopefully this was taken into account.

We take regulatory matters seriously and have reviewed such issues earlier on. Details on this are coming later, but I can tell you we have already reviewed the matter of regulator concerns.

Betting servers? isn't it supposed to be decentralized?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads