Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Chronos Crypto videos  (Read 31398 times)

Offline mranderson

@xeroc, do you?
I totally do!

Though I have some critiques on it:

* If you focus on OpenLedger, then Openledger should pay you.
* I would love to see (already in the very beginning) an explanation video that distinguishes BitShares from OpenLedger/FreedomLedger/MakerX(and whatever comes next). This is where we TOTALLY failed. People believe BitShares is owned bit OpenLedger.
* Then I would like to see more walk-throughs and don't think we need all the tech lectures just yet. Tell people how to do things, then tell people how it works later on. There is documentation (in text form) for this already, so I don't think we needs this just yet.

Go for it!
@xeroc  sums it up better than I ever could.
I approved your worker proposal.  Thanks for your effort!

Offline EstefanTT

The worker term is now complete.

Due to voting fluctuations, we collected a little under one month's pay during the worker period. With that funding, we produced the following videos:
  • Intro to Bitshares, where we take a brief overview of some of the key features that make Bitshares stand out from other blockchain technologies.
  • Buying Bitshares the Easy Way, where we quickly demonstrate one of the easiest way to buy Bitshares: using a bridge inside the online wallet.
  • Bitshares Inflation Rate, where we take an in-depth look at the inflation rate, or change in the supply, of the core Bitshares token.

This level of productivity is in line with the commitment put forward in the original proposal, making this worker a success.

Due to the positive feedback we've received from the community, we will consider a second term in order to continue to produce these educational and valuable videos. If you have any feedback, please let me know. I will put forward a proposal for a second term shortly.

Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.
You could use Steem to get in touch with the ppl that withdraw their bts to their wallet after the peerplay sharedrop announcement. They are probably not voting nor they know why or how they should.

That could boost your votes !

I'm voting for your videos, they are perfectly suited for the actual situation of BitShares. I'll probably use one of them on my Bittwenty website.

You have my votes (via my proxy : Xeroc)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline tehdos

I want to see some committee members actually make pages and show me what their voting for. Until then I'm doing my own vote.
you are probably asking PROXIES to do that .. and not committee-members .. are you? The committee doesn't vote on workers. If a member (like myself) is also a proxy, then they might have a forum thread to keep people updated (like me: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20792.new.html#new)

As for chronos' worker, I'd like to see more videos and will vote for another worker.
yes, proxy sorry & we need worker ideas too. I want to make a website hosting committe information, and proxy information. Mmaybe I Will start designing one on my days off for fun, because I want to start putting the spotlight on people making the moves here.

just saying
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:49:16 am by tehdos »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I want to see some committee members actually make pages and show me what their voting for. Until then I'm doing my own vote.
you are probably asking PROXIES to do that .. and not committee-members .. are you? The committee doesn't vote on workers. If a member (like myself) is also a proxy, then they might have a forum thread to keep people updated (like me: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20792.new.html#new)

As for chronos' worker, I'd like to see more videos and will vote for another worker.

Offline tehdos

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
You'll have my vote, but no idea what the voting landscape is now. A bunch of votes moved from exchanges to wallets because of the Peerplays sharedrop, but no idea if those holders will be voting or not.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Chronos

The worker term is now complete.

Due to voting fluctuations, we collected a little under one month's pay during the worker period. With that funding, we produced the following videos:
  • Intro to Bitshares, where we take a brief overview of some of the key features that make Bitshares stand out from other blockchain technologies.
  • Buying Bitshares the Easy Way, where we quickly demonstrate one of the easiest way to buy Bitshares: using a bridge inside the online wallet.
  • Bitshares Inflation Rate, where we take an in-depth look at the inflation rate, or change in the supply, of the core Bitshares token.

This level of productivity is in line with the commitment put forward in the original proposal, making this worker a success.

Due to the positive feedback we've received from the community, we will consider a second term in order to continue to produce these educational and valuable videos. If you have any feedback, please let me know. I will put forward a proposal for a second term shortly.

Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:44:09 am by Chronos »

Offline Chronos

Update: the worker proposal has remained below the support threshold since the release of the last video, so work is still on hold. Future videos are still dependent on funding.

We received a request from a channel subscriber for a walkthrough on how to use the DEX. If you want to see this happen, talk to your local representative (proxy voter).  :) We don't have much time, as the worker is slated to expire at the end of the month. Thanks!

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
Update: as you've probably already seen, the next video has been launched, Buying Bitshares the Easy Way. Video production is again temporarily on hold, as the worker is just under the threshold from being funded, at the time of this writing.

Open to any feedback. Thanks for your support!

I like the videos so I voted on the worker proposal!
It was quite easy to do. No big deal.

Offline Chronos

Update: as you've probably already seen, the next video has been launched, Buying Bitshares the Easy Way. Video production is again temporarily on hold, as the worker is just under the threshold from being funded, at the time of this writing.

Open to any feedback. Thanks for your support!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
We're getting a lot of emails about how to use the new deposit/withdrawal pages, especially from new Steem users. All the current videos for this process are out of date I think, because of changes to the UI. Any chance you could get out a quick video on this subject?
That's exactly what's planned for this week! However, the worker just fell off the payroll again. Bitcoin volatility has nothing on BTS worker volatility!  :P

Fortunately, the proxy account that @bytemaster controls is enough to bring it solidly back into the green. Would you like to contact him and see if he'd like to support this work?

Thanks!
Finish it up this week anyways, and I'll make up the difference in Steem or bitshares, your preference.

I think we have an awesome opportunity to attract new Steem users to bitshares right now, and I don't want to waste the opportunity because of being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

+5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
We're getting a lot of emails about how to use the new deposit/withdrawal pages, especially from new Steem users. All the current videos for this process are out of date I think, because of changes to the UI. Any chance you could get out a quick video on this subject?
That's exactly what's planned for this week! However, the worker just fell off the payroll again. Bitcoin volatility has nothing on BTS worker volatility!  :P

Fortunately, the proxy account that @bytemaster controls is enough to bring it solidly back into the green. Would you like to contact him and see if he'd like to support this work?

Thanks!
Finish it up this week anyways, and I'll make up the difference in Steem or bitshares, your preference.

I think we have an awesome opportunity to attract new Steem users to bitshares right now, and I don't want to waste the opportunity because of being penny-wise and pound-foolish.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:55:47 pm by dannotestein »

Offline Chronos

Thanks!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Update: the worker has been voted back in. You can expect the next video, Buying Bitshares the Easy Way, to be published this week.

Thank you for your support!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Update: the worker has been voted back in. You can expect the next video, Buying Bitshares the Easy Way, to be published this week.

Thank you for your support!
+5%