Author Topic: [ANN] PTS.1GH.COM - GPU, CPU mining ★ New version 1.4! Please upgrade ASAP! ★  (Read 160509 times)

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
Re: [ANN] PTS.1GH.COM - GPU mining (Geforce GTX 570 - 960 cpm)
« Reply #350 on: January 27, 2014, 11:32:09 pm »
Do you find that your GPU mining lowers when you are CPU mining on the same machine? I attempted this and the loss in GPU was simply not worth the gains from the CPU, I was simply using more electricity for no gain... (I was using the yam) I'm sure results will vary person to person, just wondering if anyone has added them together to see yet?
Yeah I noticed a big drop if you try to run both GPU and CPU at the same time. At the time I was running yam pointed to ypool and pts-miner 1.3 pointed to 1gh. I was able to get pretty good results by dropping 1 core on the CPU miner, example if it was 12 core, I used 11, etc. Now that they can all point to 1gh, I'll test more this evening with the new version 1.4 and see how goes.

Ahhh yes that is a good idea, dropping 1 thread just to free immediate CPU use... the things you overlook at 2am... guess this means I shall attempt again... good suggestion for those attempting to try this out.

thumbs up for this suggestion to use 1 less thread than your maximum available... tried it out and it works without causing any drop in performance on the GPU mining... (for my CPU its still not worth doing, but anyone looking to do this and noticing a drop in GPU performance, use one less thread and it should hold steady)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:06:07 am by Darkbane »

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 27, 2014, 11:29:05 pm »
Guys,

Pool miner is now updated to version 1.4, please download it from the pts.1gh.com page.
  • It now uses stratum mining protocol, stale shares are almost zero
  • It is now possible to override workgroup size detection, please try setting it to 64-128-256 if you had 'Invalid group size' error
  • Hashrate is slightly improved

The pool now supports XPT protocol, for CPU mining you can now use yam! Connection string for yam is:
Code: [Select]
xpt2h://YOUR-MMC-ADDRESS:x@pts.1gh.com:18120:18121:18122:18123/pts
Sounds great, it will be nice to have all of my miners on the same pool. So we can use this miner? (the yvg1900 one?) from here:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!h0tkXSxZ!f62uoUXogkxQmP2xO8Ib-g
Thanks.

Do you find that your GPU mining lowers when you are CPU mining on the same machine? I attempted this and the loss in GPU was simply not worth the gains from the CPU, I was simply using more electricity for no gain... (I was using the yam) I'm sure results will vary person to person, just wondering if anyone has added them together to see yet?
Does the GPU miner use a lot of your CPU time? It was the case for me when using two cards without setting GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS, now the miner sets this variable automatically. It is some old AMD driver issue.

barely any CPU usage at all (under 6% in task manager while I use various programs on the desktop)... I do from mining other things have two environment variables set... GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100 and GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1... I had been attempting to get SeLockMemoryPrivilege for cpu mining with large pages, but windows 8.1 is just an absolute bear with allowing this to get set, the MMC won't run locally by design anymore so I have not been able to set a correct value to get this working, which is why I am discounting my CPU mining experience as normal...

I do notice the GPU miner skips over my intel CPU as a GPU, despite the fact its still enabled for graphics, in fact its what I am using as my main desktop GPU so the two cards have zero load from anything else, it's just nice to not have any flicker or skips while using the computer... I tried to set the memory on the motherboard to 1024 thinking it skips past the built-in video as being too small, but even GPU-Z still does not recognize an increase in the memory, I was going to dig around for some set minimum command in windows to see if windows will force it to have a minimum memory.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 27, 2014, 11:25:40 pm »
Hey man, I'm getting this following error, even after following all the proper steps, my gpu is a 780 ti, any idea what may be happening:

http://content.screencast.com/users/AliMan89/folders/Jing/media/88de0fc6-c1d8-4381-bbe1-3bac758c3604/2014-01-19_1327.png
I'm getting this exact same error with the same card. Has anyone had luck with this card? Win 8.1 x64 w/332.21 GeForce drivers. Thanks.
I still can't seem to get it to detect my GTX 780ti to be seen by new 1.4 pts-miner under Win 8. It just does not show unless I put 1-0 on the command line but it is the only GPU in the system. Still gives the same error as above. I guess I'll move it over to a Ubuntu rig and see if I have better luck. Unless anyone has any clues. Thanks.
Would you please try '1-0,256', '1-0,128', '1-0,64' ?

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 27, 2014, 11:23:38 pm »
Hey man, I'm getting this following error, even after following all the proper steps, my gpu is a 780 ti, any idea what may be happening:

http://content.screencast.com/users/AliMan89/folders/Jing/media/88de0fc6-c1d8-4381-bbe1-3bac758c3604/2014-01-19_1327.png
I'm getting this exact same error with the same card. Has anyone had luck with this card? Win 8.1 x64 w/332.21 GeForce drivers. Thanks.
I still can't seem to get it to detect my GTX 780ti to be seen by new 1.4 pts-miner under Win 8. It just does not show unless I put 1-0 on the command line but it is the only GPU in the system. Still gives the same error as above. I guess I'll move it over to a Ubuntu rig and see if I have better luck. Unless anyone has any clues. Thanks.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 27, 2014, 11:19:52 pm »
Yeah I noticed a big drop if you try to run both GPU and CPU at the same time. At the time I was running yam pointed to ypool and pts-miner 1.3 pointed to 1gh. I was able to get pretty good results by dropping 1 core on the CPU miner, example if it was 12 core, I used 11, etc. Now that they can all point to 1gh, I'll test more this evening with the new version 1.4 and see how goes.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 27, 2014, 11:08:16 pm »
Guys,

Pool miner is now updated to version 1.4, please download it from the pts.1gh.com page.
  • It is now possible to override workgroup size detection, please try setting it to 64-128-256 if you had 'Invalid group size' error

The pool now supports XPT protocol, for CPU mining you can now use yam! Connection string for yam is:
Sounds great, it will be nice to have all of my miners on the same pool. So we can use this miner? (the yvg1900 one?) from here:
Thanks.

Does the GPU miner use a lot of your CPU time? It was the case for me when using two cards without setting GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS, now the miner sets this variable automatically. It is some old AMD driver issue.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:30 pm »
Guys,

xpt2h://YOUR-PTS-ADDRESS:x@pts.1gh.com:18120:18121:18122:18123/pts
Could you please add info about version in your gpu miner?!
Thank you for suggestion, will do that tomorrow.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:03 pm »

I started to try out the different workgroup sizes... seems I must settle on 256 as anything higher will error, is that expected for a 2GB video card? I'm guessing a 512 would work on a 4GB and so on? (just taking a stab at trying to understand since I see only 1.1GB of gpu memory being used, ASUS R9 270 2GB)
The worksize is limited not by your VRAM, but rather by GPU architecture and driver. Setting it to lower than default may benefit older cards (low-end 6xxx in particular) and might solve a problem with some Nvidias that fail to start with what their driver provides as default.

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2014, 11:03:34 pm »
Guys,

Thanks.

Offline earntodie

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:09 pm »
Guys,

Could you please add info about version in your gpu miner?!
1GH CLUB!! PTS mining club - PTS.1GH.COM, MEMORY coin mining club - MMC.1GH.COM, MAX coin mining club - MAX.1GH.COM

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 27, 2014, 10:56:43 pm »

using the 1.4 stratum version now, may I request you include a version number somewhere when it starts up, so we can easily identify in the future which version we are running? seems I am almost identical to previous work rates, so the inclusion of stratum to lower rejects should give a net increase with no wasted work time... huge bonus for all.

I started to try out the different workgroup sizes... seems I must settle on 256 as anything higher will error, is that expected for a 2GB video card? I'm guessing a 512 would work on a 4GB and so on? (just taking a stab at trying to understand since I see only 1.1GB of gpu memory being used, ASUS R9 270 2GB)

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »
Guys,

Thanks.
Yes, it is this one. Actually jhProtominer and xptMiner work too, but yam is the best.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2014, 08:45:29 pm »
Guys,

Thanks.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2014, 08:35:10 pm »
Guys,

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:53:28 pm by reorder »

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2014, 08:05:37 am »