Author Topic: Which wallet to use and how to import from Bitshares 0.9.3c  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Black Arrow

• View Profile
Thanks a lot svk. That seemed to work fine. I wasn't able to locate the settings until I looked around and found the little symbol next to my account name.

I'm having initialization issues with the latest Muse binary, so I'll keep trying. But if I can get Muse to run, it looks like the same process should allow me to import my Muse holdings.

Offline svk

That part of the wallet has changed. Go to settings - restore backup. Select bitshares 0.9 backup in the drop down menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Black Arrow

• View Profile
OK. I managed to get past the initialization issues error for the bitshares2-light wallet by repeatedly hitting retry until it worked. I created a new account in the light wallet and was able to receive some bitshares from Poloniex so that part works.  But I still can't figure out how to import from my old bitshares-x json file. I have been reading http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html#cli-wallet, which looks very helpful but it talks about a Wallet Management Console, and I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know how - is it still available?

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Yes you can import the json file and recover your accounts that way, but the wallet does require a decent internet connection to function properly as you've noticed.

NOTE is now on a different chain and is called MUSE.

I have migrated over but I used to have note shares. If they are now called muse and are on another chain how do I access them?

Thanks

Offline Black Arrow

• View Profile
Thanks. My internet download speed is pretty good but the only thing available to me is satellite and I have latency issues sometimes. So given that, is there a wallet that I would be able to use?

Offline svk

Yes you can import the json file and recover your accounts that way, but the wallet does require a decent internet connection to function properly as you've noticed.

NOTE is now on a different chain and is called MUSE.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Black Arrow

• View Profile
The last time I used Bitshares (ver. 0.9.3c) was on 11-22-2015. The next time I tried to use it, I had problems syncing the blockchain , so I never used it again.  I have a file called bts_keys.json with the same file date, so I think that is probably my exported wallet.

I want to import my old wallet into the current software, but I’m not sure which would be the easiest wallet to use and backup. I tried running bitshares2-light, but I get an error that says “Application initialization issues”.  If I go here: https://bitshares.openledger.info/# sometimes I get “Application initialization issues” too (Maybe because of latency – I have a satellite internet connection), but sometimes I am able to get to the account creation page. If I create an account there, will I be able to import my bitshares and NOTES balance from bts_keys.json. Are there instructions anywhere on how to do this? Would there be a better (i.e. easier) wallet choice for me? Thanks for any guidance.