Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Advertisement at 8btc  (Read 20380 times)

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
I don't think it exact to say low to no fees, as assets like OPEN.BTC, OPEN.ETH also charge 0.2% market fees.

Yes, you are right but it is banner. We need something that grabs attantion.

I dont suggest that we should lay about fees. Maybe something more apropriate, I am sure there is better fraze
for "little to no fees" in mandarine.
The massage should be plain simple, right in the point of interest. Nothing more and nothing less.
low fees
could not be closed
could not be hacked

Buy the way could you translate the messages that proposed banner contains. I could only recognize Bitshares.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I don't recognize mandarin but could you put something similar this lines..

This exchange has low to no fees   

Bitshare DEX

....and cant be closed
like this the message would be more powerful

I don't think it exact to say low to no fees, as assets like OPEN.BTC, OPEN.ETH also charge 0.2% market fees.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
I don't recognize mandarin but could you put something similar this lines..

This exchange has low to no fees   

Bitshare DEX

....and cant be closed
like this the message would be more powerful
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:50:42 am by Geneko »

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
the banner ad is already online:

as current time is good to promote a decentralized exchange, I can not wait to put it on.

the pic is not very satisfactory, however it is accepted and include enough infomations, if I can get a better one in recent future I'll replace the current one.

@kenCode  I do not think such a banner ad in 8btc.com is very annoying, as 1.vistors can just ignore it. 2.a visitor to 8bts.com is possiblly interested in DEX.

@tbone @alt @svk I agree that we should have a welcome page or just make the dashboard page a welcome page, with detecting languate from browser setting and put languate setting at the top.

I also draft some Chinese text for putting in the Chinese welcome page, hope that can help:

欢迎来到比特股去中心化交易所!
比特股2.0是一个基于区块链构建的去中心化交易所,该交易所通称DEX, DEX有着工业级的业务处理能力,能够永不停歇地提供公正和透明的服务,这里有比特股首创的bitCNY,bitUSD等智能货币,用户可以在这里根据自己的需要发行用户定义资产(UIA),也可以买卖通用的数字资产如BTC, ETH等。
来比特股尽情享受交易的乐趣吧!

官网:             https://bitshares.org/
论坛:             https://bitsharestalk.org
QQ群:           423951676
Github:        https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core

the links above can help a new user a lot so I think it will be good to put them there.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:26:00 pm by bitcrab »

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I am NOT in favor of spending money on banner ads that I have trained my eyes to ignore.
Even the modal ads that popup in my face and dim out the rest of the screen... my eyes immediately seek to the corner looking for the X to close it.

@bitcrab - have you considered paid placement instead? where the "ad" is mixed in with a very interesting, educational article by a Writer that people follow? "in your face" ads are very annoying imo, and if you want to advertise, make it educational to entice interest, and hence clicks. you will get a much better roi. people yearn for these little tidbits of knowledge.

@tbone - I really like your proposed default / DEX "Homepage". this dex homepage should be live before @bitcrab posts that ad and links it to the web wallet though.

on a side note, I think it would be great to have a reactjs "ticker tape" right underneath of the main menu. spice it up a bit. i bet @svk could do that in two shakes of a lamb's tail if we ask him real nice-like......  :-*

I kind of like the idea of the ticker tape.  But it's not for everyone (some people think scrolling text on a webpage feels very 90s).  So there should be an option to turn it off.  Either way, though, I hope we can get that default / DEX "homepage" in place, as well as the language selector on the header first.

@svk, any thoughts about when that homepage can go up?  Also, can you put the language selector on the header so it's always highly available?  That would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:08:24 pm by tbone »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I am NOT in favor of spending money on banner ads that I have trained my eyes to ignore.
Even the modal ads that popup in my face and dim out the rest of the screen... my eyes immediately seek to the corner looking for the X to close it.

@bitcrab - have you considered paid placement instead? where the "ad" is mixed in with a very interesting, educational article by a Writer that people follow? "in your face" ads are very annoying imo, and if you want to advertise, make it educational to entice interest, and hence clicks. you will get a much better roi. people yearn for these little tidbits of knowledge.

@tbone - I really like your proposed default / DEX "Homepage". this dex homepage should be live before @bitcrab posts that ad and links it to the web wallet though.

on a side note, I think it would be great to have a reactjs "ticker tape" right underneath of the main menu. spice it up a bit. i bet @svk could do that in two shakes of a lamb's tail if we ask him real nice-like......  :-*
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

@fav seriously man? The guy offers to cover half of the cost with his own funds, he asks for 252,000 bts for 1 month and you ask about metrics? Come on now... :o :o ::) ::)

just because someone offers half of something does not mean it's actually worth a dime.

@tbone that's an awesome idea! brings us closer to a real landing page!

Well I think it is worth much more than a dime.

Really? judging from your answer you must be a marketing eight ball. how do you know this is worth something? what ads/graphics are used? how is success measured?

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
it's better to detect the default language from browser setting
and I agree the language select should be in the top menu.
Code: [Select]
  1129     var defaultLang = navigator.language;
  1130     if(!defaultLang)
  1131         defaultLang = navigator.browserLanguage;

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
hi @tbone your advice is great, I will provide the Chinese text soon.
I have even one more idea, when the new user click the page, can the server get the info of the users' area and change the language setting accordingly and automatically? if yes it will help many new users from China a lot. @svk

I believe IP Geolocation requires an API service, which I'm not sure how many free ones exist.  If we can add a free one, great.  But even if we do, there's no guarantee it will work every time.  And even when it does work, there will be times when the user's actual language does not match their location. 

For these reasons, we really should put the language selector right in the header, so it's highly accessible from anywhere in the wallet.  And I would use country flag icons next to each language in the list.  That way it's obvious that it's a language setting, even when the user is unable to recognize the currently selected language. 

By the way, in addition to improving the initial UX for users who don't speak the default language, there's good marketing value to show very prominently that the wallet supports 8 languages. 

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:44:15 pm by tbone »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Give it a try!
Do you run your own faucet? If not, you should set one up to capture the fresh users' referral fee.
I can help you set one up.

I just found that if a new user create an account at the official web wallet https://bitshares.org/wallet/#/, both the register and the referrer are openledger.

I do not run my own faucet now, so if I set up one, it's possible to let the new user select faucet, in other words referrer,  while creating new account  at the official web wallet?

and what is needed to run a faucet? a LTM account with enough BTS and also a server?
If you want i can help you on the faucet side of things .. i could give you a specific faucet url that gives all the referral reward to you foe some time or even help you set your own faucet up.
however .. having your own faucet requires that you also have your own wallet deployed because the faucet api is hard coded in the gui

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Give it a try!
Do you run your own faucet? If not, you should set one up to capture the fresh users' referral fee.
I can help you set one up.

I just found that if a new user create an account at the official web wallet https://bitshares.org/wallet/#/, both the register and the referrer are openledger.

I do not run my own faucet now, so if I set up one, it's possible to let the new user select faucet, in other words referrer,  while creating new account  at the official web wallet?

and what is needed to run a faucet? a LTM account with enough BTS and also a server?

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I am in favor of giving this a try.  But I agree with @fav that the results should be measured (both by click throughs from the ad, and by new accounts created under a specific referrer). 

Also very important, both in general and to maximize the success of this effort (and the efficiency of the funds spent), the wallet needs a suitable page for new visitors to land on.  The current default page is the account creation page (see 1st image below), which I've been saying is a very unsuitable page for new visitors to land.  Perhaps this is why you are proposing to have people land on the dashboard page.  But this page is also not suitable since it has no information (see 2nd image below). 

Because I believe it is imperative to have a suitable landing page for new visitors (for this ad campaign AND in general), I took the time to create one (see 3rd image below).  I proposed it last week to @Chris420, who liked the idea and encouraged me to ask @svk to incorporate it into the wallet site.  I discussed it with @svk and understand it's currently in progress.  @bitcrab, I hope you will write some similar text in Chinese, or translate the text I wrote so there's a proper landing page in place before spending money on an ad.

Proposed default / DEX "Homepage":

hi @tbone your advice is great, I will provide the Chinese text soon.
I have even one more idea, when the new user click the page, can the server get the info of the users' area and change the language setting accordingly and automatically? if yes it will help many new users from China a lot. @svk

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
I think ,the worker may be do more works:
(1)a new faucet
(2)who click the AD ,will receive JINBI in dex.bitshares. You  should to write a opensource program.
Why need the program?Because ,bitshares worker's purpose is  offering open code.
我想这个worker要设计的更标准,而不是仅做广告,否则,google facebook twitter baidu weibo coinmarketcap.com等等平台都需要广告:
(1)一个新的水龙头,用于国内点击注册
(2)点击广告调出打赏程序,打赏8btc的代币jinbi。
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:17:13 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

@fav seriously man? The guy offers to cover half of the cost with his own funds, he asks for 252,000 bts for 1 month and you ask about metrics? Come on now... :o :o ::) ::)

just because someone offers half of something does not mean it's actually worth a dime.

Well I think it is worth much more than a dime. Especially now with the situation to the Chinese exchanges And actually I think that 252,000 bts for 1 month ad is not a lot. How much does it worth to have ads in coinmarketcap.com ? does anyone know? Can we consider this as well?
And if you want to compare metrics consider that 5 days of svk's worker or 3 days of xeroc's worker is 250k bts (no offence to these workers- I also support both of these) so for 3-5 days of devs work I consider 1 month advertising to popular sites more than fair..

It doesn't matter if we have the best working product out there if no one knows about it...Let's put Ads everywhere please..

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav