Author Topic: So, whichpeople who worked on bitshares projects ended up NOT being scammers?  (Read 23247 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Bottom line:  I'm still the number one private holder of BitShares... make of that whatever you will.

:)

I'll make a pie. From skratch.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Bottom line:  I'm still the number one private holder of BitShares... make of that whatever you will.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
BTW, thanks for all the Monero stuff from long ago. You made me a nice sum of money with that tip. =)

Glad it helped. :)

Yeah, it made me whole again after bitshares.  Now I'm just trying to be diversified among a wider variety of crypto projects that dont seem like scams.

Got any fresh tips Andre? I could use a little boost to the ol' crypto portfolio after missing out on the Monero run.

...and the ETH run.
...and the BTC run.
...and the Dash run.

...pretty sure I'm the worst crypto-investor of all time.  :-X

but if BTS were to make a nice run...I'd be back in business baby!  :P

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Stan pumped in a video that people "would be sorry" that they didn't buy bitshares when it was under a cent, meanwhile his son and company were dumping bitshares.  Dan got on a mumble in early 2016 and spouted off about how his new years resolution was to be a better leader for bitshares.  He quit the system 4 months later.

Dan and Stan also tried to pump BTS by saying it was a sharedrop target and anyone using the tech should sharedrop on the community.  They went and create steem using bitshares tech and abandoned the sharedrop idea... I guess sharedrops should only be done if it is benefiting Dan and Stan..

Not to mention all of Stan's "business" development projects... None of these ever worked out but were used to pump the price while him and Dan dumped.  Most were just cryptic bullshit forum posts that gave most of the larimer lemmings hard ons. 

There is animosity toward Dan and Stan because they abuse shareholders... they have done it since the merger and I'm sure they will attempt to do it again.  It's usually around this time of year that they announce there next shareholder screwing idea.

Yes this.

Pretty much the sooner you got out of BTS the better, and the less you allowed Dan to ruin your life.  We should all of listened to NewMine, he was trying to save us all.

If you ruined your life over a crypto investment... you got more important issues to deal with.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Stan pumped in a video that people "would be sorry" that they didn't buy bitshares when it was under a cent, meanwhile his son and company were dumping bitshares.  Dan got on a mumble in early 2016 and spouted off about how his new years resolution was to be a better leader for bitshares.  He quit the system 4 months later.

Dan and Stan also tried to pump BTS by saying it was a sharedrop target and anyone using the tech should sharedrop on the community.  They went and create steem using bitshares tech and abandoned the sharedrop idea... I guess sharedrops should only be done if it is benefiting Dan and Stan..

Not to mention all of Stan's "business" development projects... None of these ever worked out but were used to pump the price while him and Dan dumped.  Most were just cryptic bullshit forum posts that gave most of the larimer lemmings hard ons. 

There is animosity toward Dan and Stan because they abuse shareholders... they have done it since the merger and I'm sure they will attempt to do it again.  It's usually around this time of year that they announce there next shareholder screwing idea.

Yes this.

Pretty much the sooner you got out of BTS the better, and the less you allowed Dan to ruin your life.  We should all of listened to NewMine, he was trying to save us all.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
BTW, thanks for all the Monero stuff from long ago. You made me a nice sum of money with that tip. =)

Glad it helped. :)

Yeah, it made me whole again after bitshares.  Now I'm just trying to be diversified among a wider variety of crypto projects that dont seem like scams. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
I've been away for ages but since coming back I'm seeing a bit of animosity about Dan moving to work on Steemit.
I'm not looking to come in here and offend anyone, I only want to understand. :)
Everyone seems a little dejected
(...)
It's good to be back seeing the progress BitShares is making :)

son needs a father. At least to come from time to time and asked how's it going.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Can't say I'm surprised by any of this. Called it in 2014 and avoided BTS. Too bad I didn't ride the pump with my Protoshares, though, or get on board with Steem. Dan is a good coder but never gave me a satisfactory answer to this basic concern (true across many areas of crypto).

HOWEVER, I'm starting to see some value here and might FINALLY jump in (decentralized apps like OL).

However, I have a simple, but important concern I was not able to resolve with a few searches around the forum.

I've seen it happen dozens or even hundreds of times now in the bitcoin ecosystem (just look at Bitfunder, or any asset exchange) - most of the "listings" turn out to be scams or fraudulently run. All BTC are somehow lost or founder disappears.

I've seen some GDoc attempts at accounting for PTS expenditures, but what really is to prevent a "DAC" founder from pulling an Enron or running with the AGS funding?

Really?  The whole team working on sweat equity and their own funds for over a year after the donations ran out to produce and deliver rock stable Graphene and BitShares 2.0 to the community for free didn't satisfy you?
+5%

I've been away for ages but since coming back I'm seeing a bit of animosity about Dan moving to work on Steemit.
I'm not looking to come in here and offend anyone, I only want to understand. :)

Bts and steem are two sides of the same coin. They can work symbiotically.
The market for censorship-free social media is about to grow massively.
Twitter, facebook and reddit are all getting caught with their hands dirty, acting against the interests of it's users in order to direct a narrative. Could BitShares have replaced a social media system?
I doubt it, which is why I assume Steemit was created.
BitShares is a financial exchange. There is PLENTY of money in that game already.

IMO, Dan and Cryptonomex built BitShares as a somewhat complete product. It's up to the users, shareholders and businesses of BitShares to use it.

Unless I am mistaken, BitShares became a stand-alone entity directed by it's shareholders on launch. What are people expecting Dan to have done since?
What am I missing?

Offline Permie

• View Profile
Can't say I'm surprised by any of this. Called it in 2014 and avoided BTS. Too bad I didn't ride the pump with my Protoshares, though, or get on board with Steem. Dan is a good coder but never gave me a satisfactory answer to this basic concern (true across many areas of crypto).

HOWEVER, I'm starting to see some value here and might FINALLY jump in (decentralized apps like OL).

However, I have a simple, but important concern I was not able to resolve with a few searches around the forum.

I've seen it happen dozens or even hundreds of times now in the bitcoin ecosystem (just look at Bitfunder, or any asset exchange) - most of the "listings" turn out to be scams or fraudulently run. All BTC are somehow lost or founder disappears.

I've seen some GDoc attempts at accounting for PTS expenditures, but what really is to prevent a "DAC" founder from pulling an Enron or running with the AGS funding?

Really?  The whole team working on sweat equity and their own funds for over a year after the donations ran out to produce and deliver rock stable Graphene and BitShares 2.0 to the community for free didn't satisfy you?
+5%

Bts and steem are two sides of the same coin. They can work symbiotically.
The market for censorship-free social media is about to grow massively.
Twitter, facebook and reddit are all getting caught with their hands dirty, acting against the interests of it's users in order to direct a narrative. Could BitShares have replaced a social media system?
I doubt it, which is why I assume Steemit was created.
BitShares is a financial exchange. There is PLENTY of money in that game already.

IMO, Dan and Cryptonomex built BitShares as a somewhat complete product. It's up to the users, shareholders and businesses of BitShares to use it.

Unless I am mistaken, BitShares became a stand-alone entity directed by it's shareholders on launch. What are people expecting Dan to have done since?
What am I missing?

BTSDEX.COM

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:22:27 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Permie

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:42:04 pm by Permie »
BTSDEX.COM

Offline renkcub

• View Profile

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@fav good to know he is active there.maybe someone should tell him that it is important to be active in this forum as well.

@tbone I do not expect all projects to work but projects that don't work out as planed and do not compensate or at least make an effort to compensate the investors are scams..They should have at least the dignity to say they failed and not keep in the dark.

By the way..donating in my CONSTRUCTION token you guys have more probability receive a good return.at least I am honest and do not bullshit other people.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:27:34 pm by mf-tzo »

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Solcert or Solomon and nonsense as my friend @tonyk used to call it does not look very promising either.. I hope that does not end up being a scam but...no updates from @SolomonSollarsNSense for a while does not look good..I remember back in the days I decided to through some bts to solcert instead of peerplays..how stupid was that??

You should expect most projects to not work out.  That doesn't make them scams.