Author Topic: Problems moving from Protoshares to Bitshares  (Read 3361 times)

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
  • BitShares: neoreel-1
That is because you did not export your private keys correctly, or because you did not select the proper import option in 9.3c. I think I did that once by mistake when I tried to import with the option "Import Private Keys" instead of the Import JSON wallet option in the combo box above the field to specify your JSON file... Try all the various options, you cannot break your wallet.
Good luck!
Cheers,
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline Pbzmomma

• View Profile
when i try and import my .json file it keeps giving an error to use a  BTS 1.0 wallet instead. how do I get these bitshares?

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
The unclaim balance button can be found in the BitShares Light 2.0 app, under Settings -> Local Wallet -> Lookup Balances button under the mention "Click the button below to check for unclaimed balances from BTS 1.0"

Also, when converting from 0.9.3c to 2.0, you should end up with a wallet.json file that you should import in BitShares Light 2.0 under Settings -> Restor/Import -> Restore from (select your bin or json wallet file) -> and the Sumbit.

Good luck!
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
I did exactly this a few months ago. If I recall correctly, you have to claim the unclaimed balance, it will not just show up in your account. I don't fully recall if that option to claim is in the 0.9.3c software or if it is in the BitShares 2.0. Search or the option.

Regards,
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline markpaul

• View Profile
Afraid i cant check as i just have my wallet.dat backup and passkey. It was on an old PC so i backed the wallet up that way.

Offline intelliguy

I'm @intelliguy on steemit. I usually get things right (or so they tell me), follow me there if you want to see more. Tips accepted to bitshares user: intelliguy-bts  (I'm a lifetime member because I trust in the Bitshares ecosystem)

Offline markpaul

• View Profile
Hi All

I was an early adopter into Protoshares, but never progressed with updating the wallet and converting them into Bitshares.

I have started the process listed in the forum and docs but im not having much luck getting my coins to appear.

The process i have followed is:

A) Download Bitshares Wallet 0.9.3c
B) Download Legacy Blockchain Torrent
C) Load Wallet and create user
D) Import Wallet.dat (Imports Successfully)

The problem is when I get to D, although the wallet imports it is not displaying any balance, and the wallet does not connect to the network.

After reading the instructions for this it does state that the wallet should show my Bitshares even though it is not connected.

Am i missing something here?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark