Author Topic: Why the BTS network status is so bad these days?  (Read 6938 times)

Offline blockchained

I will support the GUI worker when I saw  a professional team.
I mean we can get a really usable product from the worker's job.
the team need to be responsable for the whole development process include management / design / implement / test.

take a look please https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26875.msg327172#msg327172

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
I will support the GUI worker when I saw a professional team.
the team need to be responsible for the whole development process include management/design/implement/test.

now all I can see is several unusable "stable" release and seems nobody can tell me which one is the really stable/usable version.

We are in the middle of the design and development process. You can see the current stage on the roadmap - http://bitshares.rossul.com/

I can walk you through what's been designed so far, and answer any question if you like.

Hoping to see this in January

DESIGN
Mobile Wireframes
These are the most effective way to visualize the data structure and represent UI features. It enables effective communication between team members and, more importantly, allows for early testing of workflows, navigation, and overall layouts.

DESIGN
User Testing
Implement proof-of-concept and plugins integration functions

DEVELOPMENT
Estimating workload
Architecture and planning stages of development. The study of the internal features of the code base, the search for solutions for the implementation of more optimized and qualitative product.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline ros

• View Profile
I will support the GUI worker when I saw a professional team.
the team need to be responsible for the whole development process include management/design/implement/test.

now all I can see is several unusable "stable" release and seems nobody can tell me which one is the really stable/usable version.

We are in the middle of the design and development process. You can see the current stage on the roadmap - http://bitshares.rossul.com/

I can walk you through what's been designed so far, and answer any question if you like.

Offline graphenelab

the team need to be responsable for the whole development process include management / design / implement / test.

now all I can see is several unusable "stable" release, and seems nobody can tell me which one is the really stable/usable version.

Well, what about Rossul / GL worker? http://bitshares.rossul.com/
Design team are real professionals with a lot of experience in UX and UI. Not a usual team from crypro but from real world. Their clients PepsiCo, Boeing and others https://www.rossul.com/
Development team are professionals in BitShares and blockchain. Work with core and UI in blockchain projects from 2017 https://graphenelab.io/
We also work closely with the current UI team so as not to miss anything

We would be happy to answer all your questions.

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile

now all I can see is several unusable "stable" release, and seems nobody can tell me which one is the really stable/usable version.

Just curious have you worked on the GUI? What constitutes as a professional team? What if we stopped working on it, and shut everything down? Would you like to take over and do ALL the development work? Do you think you can do better??? Would you rather help than point fingers and make a fuss, which barely does anything other than delay progress? I bet I can't convince you, but really it's as professional as it can be for a decentralized, hard working, dedicated, and knowledgeable team.

I hope you come around for Bitshares sake. Right now the worker's out, which could be very bad for the future of this platform.
Don't be surprised, he will only say NO NO NO to proposals that are good for the BTS

Offline kennybll-accnt

Just curious have you worked on the GUI? What constitutes as a professional team? What if we stopped working on it, and shut everything down? Would you like to take over and do ALL the development work? Do you think you can do better??? Would you rather help than point fingers and make a fuss, which barely does anything other than delay progress? I bet I can't convince you, but really it's as professional as it can be for a decentralized, hard working, dedicated, and knowledgeable team.

I hope you come around for Bitshares sake. Right now the worker's out, which could be very bad for the future of this platform.
Bitshares witness: kennybll-accnt
Whaleshares witness: kennybll-witness

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
Rewarding testing/bug-reports is out of scope of the ui workers, avoid 'release candidate' or 'staging' releases if you're only wanting to run 'stable/usable' versions. You should most certainly be updating your UI to the latest stable whenever possible otherwise you're a target.

He means that even a stable release contains bugs, not even talking about the candidates.

Offline R

• View Profile
Rewarding testing/bug-reports is out of scope of the ui workers, avoid 'release candidate' or 'staging' releases if you're only wanting to run 'stable/usable' versions. You should most certainly be updating your UI to the latest stable whenever possible otherwise you're a target.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
can you tell me which stable version do you use?
when I met a problem, I try to change another version, almost every stable version has different problems after I try less than  several minutes.
I think there are no need to report bug for such unstable software, they need to test themself, it's a job with payment, not a hobit job.

for the issue brought by abit, it's also the GUI's job of course, they used a wrong design, used a wrong api.
when I tell the wallet that my account is alt, it just need to subscribe infomation about alt, I never told it to subscribe other account with the same key.
eventually, it even bring those junk account to my default list of transfer function. such stupid.

Appreciate any feedback, and I do agree with your basic sentiment. Since I have been quite active as a dev for the UI worker the past months I'd like to craft a reply.

The UI worker is a prime example of a decentralized worker that requires community feedback (beauty and curse). There is no fixed team besides Bill Butler (Manager), Startail (Issue review) and Sigve (Code review, I am currently doing that in Sigve's absence). The UI worker is structured primarily over GitHub issues that are driven by the community. This allow the worker to move the UI in the exact direction the community wants it to go, with the downside of the lack of a centralized lead that enforces a Roadmap. Any developer can pick up issues and contribute which allows the worker to be very flexible, while it brings the problems of possible regression and (up until recently) lack of testing.

I am actively collecting community feedback in various channels, see e.g. in Steem here: https://steemit.com/@sschiessl and I always have an open ear to critic as well.

To the issue of testing: The reference wallet has a massive abundance of features built-in, and testing it is no easy task. I totally agree with you on the notion though, that is why I have introduced explicit and mandatory integration testing for release candidates before every release. See the last two

The release 181212 is currently delayed because the integration tests are not completed yet. I would happily open a dialogue with you to see in what way you would consider supporting the UI worker.

Stefan

P.S. In the recent update we have included "Spotlight" into the UI which is used to highlight use-cases of the BitShares Blockchain outside of having a native DEX. This is done to enhance the value proposition to BTS outside of being collateral for stable coins.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Being investigated.

Thanks bitcrab/alt for bringing this to attention.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
also suggest: wss://bts-seoul.clockwork.gr for Asia-based users