Author Topic: would you support a cheater as the wintess?  (Read 17387 times)

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
@alt, You're wrong on this one.

Crazybit FINALLY updated his feeding script (which you were right to be upset about) but he is not cheating now.

He is not FOLLOWING median price, instead his feed is SETTING median price most of the time (which means he is very accurate)

This becomes obvious if you don't track by hand but instead use zapata's tracker to look at his and other witnesses feeding activity: http://pricefeed-tracker.dex.trading/
can you told me how obvious he is not follow the median price?
did you see the snapshot about how exactely his feed price change after the median price?
and thank you, this chat show more clear that how exactely every 5 meniutes his price followed the median price. just choose the price from crazybit and median price.

in case you don't know how to see the chart, I will tell you the detail:
1. open http://pricefeed-tracker.dex.trading/
2. input crazybit in publisher,
3. input 2018/12/26 10:00:00 am in "From"
4. check the box "feed median"
you will see a chart like below, you can see every 5 minutes(10:15, 10:20, 10:35, 11:00, 11:05, 11:10 etc), the feed  price from crazybit will followed the median price.

10:05 just above the median
10:10 crazybit's feed becomes the median
10:15 just above the median
10:20 just above the median
10:25 crazybit's feed becomes the median
10:30 just above the median
10:35 same as median
10:40 no change fed
10:45 no change fed
10:50 same as median
11:00 below median
11:05 below median
11:10 below median (shortly after , someone else feeds below crazybit so crazybit's feed becomes the median)
11:15 no change fed (although median has increased)
11:20 same as median
11:25 no change fed
11:30 no change fed
11:35 same as median
11:40 same as median

and so on...

It's much more random than you make it seem.

Also, a GOOD price feed will set or match the median much more often.

If we were talking about the MEAN, it would be very suspicious I agree , as it would be VERY unlikely to be matched exactly.

Median however is just a value in the set  of feeds. i.e. at any given time at LEAST once of the feeds will be the median price. If it's a good feed, this will happen more often than not. As some witnesses use the same or very similar scripts, it's very likely that MORE than 1 witness will feed that price.
it's really hard for me to teach you guys some common sence...
the probability of the match of his price and median price is less than lottery ticket.

no it isnt... MEDIAN != MEAN

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Crazybit FINALLY updated his feeding script (which you were right to be upset about) but he is not cheating now.

He is not FOLLOWING median price, instead his feed is SETTING median price most of the time (which means he is very accurate)

This becomes obvious if you don't track by hand but instead use zapata's tracker to look at his and other witnesses feeding activity: http://pricefeed-tracker.dex.trading/
did you see the snapshot about how exactely his feed price change after the median price?
and thank you, this chat show more clear that how exactely every 5 meniutes his price followed the median price. just choose the price from crazybit and median price.

you will see a chart like below, you can see every 5 minutes(10:15, 10:20, 10:35, 11:00, 11:05, 11:10 etc), the feed  price from crazybit will followed the median price.

11:10 below median (shortly after , someone else feeds below crazybit so crazybit's feed becomes the median)

and so on...

If we were talking about the MEAN, it would be very suspicious I agree , as it would be VERY unlikely to be matched exactly.

Median however is just a value in the set  of feeds. i.e. at any given time at LEAST once of the feeds will be the median price. If it's a good feed, this will happen more often than not. As some witnesses use the same or very similar scripts, it's very likely that MORE than 1 witness will feed that price.
it's really hard for me to teach you guys some common sence...
the probability of the match of his price and median price is less than lottery ticket.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

and so on...

Offline alt

• View Profile
@alt, Do not wast time of the community, let's make it simple, how about i share my active private key, feeding program(open sourced) and the config file to the community member who we both trust, let the community see who is lying, if you were wrong, you own me a apologize coz of u keep defaming me, and if i am cheating the community like what you said, i quit the witness by myself, apologize to the community, and leave the community forever. deal?
it's fair.
you don't need share your key, you just need give your code and config file to a trusty memeber, log the price every 5 minutes to a file, check if it's accuracy as usually.

Offline crazybit

@alt, Do not wast time of the community, let's make it simple, how about i share my active private key, feeding program(open sourced) and the config file to the community member who we both trust, let the community see who is lying, if you were wrong, you own me a apologize coz of u keep defaming me, and if i am cheating the community like what you said, i quit the witness by myself, apologize to the community, and leave the community forever. deal?

Offline alt

• View Profile
@xeroc
since you are the bigest proxy who support crazybit, what's your thought about his "accurate" feed price?

Offline R

• View Profile
Does not publishing price feeds for 'private bitassets' count as cheating? 🤔

Offline alt

• View Profile

in fact everytime he refresh the feed price, he always drop to the median price exactely.
other time, they are the same. even at 10:05, when he just changed back from 30% higher price, he droped to the median price exately.

after that, you can try to see other's feed price, you'll know what's the real price from outside should be.
here is a sample from magic wallet.witness, you can see every time he refresh the price, it's random arround the median price.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:49:31 am by alt »

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher

Reference to read: https://bitshares.org/technology/price-stable-cryptocurrencies

Please give it a good read, hire someone technical and economical and come with a proof or will be facing another lock of topic.

CheeĀ®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline alt

• View Profile

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 08:05:02 am by alt »

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile
I consider you have nothing to explain about those snapshot.
so I still hold the view you cheat us with a fake feed price.
and if anyone else think so, please  vote out crazybit.

I would ask anyone who is currently using baozi as a proxy to stop voting for them. They are causing issues with a majority of witnesses and alienating people. This is not what BitShares is about.
oh, yes?
or I just point out these issues and try to fix it?
you even allowed crazybit to give the feed price higher than 30% more than a month after BSIP42 have been voted out, and do nothing.
you have your choise to ignore the issue and keep pretended everything is perfect.

I consider witness as an honor instead of something cheap for anybody.
I will continue kick out those not good enough to be a witness to defend the honor.

Offline iamredbar

I would ask anyone who is currently using baozi as a proxy to stop voting for them. They are causing issues with a majority of witnesses and alienating people. This is not what BitShares is about.

Offline alt

• View Profile
so can you explain why your feed price always follow the median price?

i also observe the activity of the feeding program for a while, what you said "always follow the median price" is also not the truth, consider the healthy of BitShares, you should vote rationally, but not emotionally. and stop yelling at everybody.

Offline crazybit

so can you explain why your feed price always follow the median price?

i also observe the activity of the feeding program for a while, what you said "always follow the median price" is also not the truth, consider the healthy of BitShares, you should vote rationally, but not emotionally. and stop yelling at everybody.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 03:23:29 am by crazybit »