Author Topic: [Worker] Integration of BTS with Wirex  (Read 15739 times)

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
Only BTS will be listed or also include bitCNY/bitUSD/bitEUR/etc?

This proposal is only for listing of BTS, which is equivalent to a regulatory endorsement IMO and will be more than beneficial for any other asset to be listed (personal guess and no promise).
In general, Wirex is not opposed to (crypto-collaterized) stable coins, see DAI and Stellar support.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
can you provide the information about:
1. how many money did other community like Bitcoin Litecoin, dai etc pay for the listing?
2. how many real users did people use Bitcoin in wirex? LItecoin? Dai?
because I just searched that users need to pay 3% fees when use crypto current desposit fund. I doubt this could be accept by most people.

https://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2019-05-wirex-integration

Worker Intent

Months of preparations, intensive phone calls and business development lead to a verbal agreement from credit card processor Wirex to list BTS. We believe that Wirex comes with a reasonable cost-benefit ratio and has an excellent reputation in the space. Wirex comes with 2.2 million registered users and the WirexApp provides access to Euro, British Pound and US Dollar and supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, WAVES, NANO, DAI and XLM.

Notably, its debit card services run over VISA.

Wirex is a well established and fully regulated company, properly outfitted with KYC and compliance. All information on its services, terms and conditions can be found on wirexapp.com. Its service also entails an affiliate program and a reward for use. We invite everyone to read up on the details.

We see this as a highly desirable functionality. As BTS is listed on known technical structures we have been offered this opportunity at much less than the usual price.

Depending on their worker load and schedule, Wirex technical team can integrate BitShares within 4 weeks.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Only BTS will be listed or also include bitCNY/bitUSD/bitEUR/etc?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I fully support this worker! many benefits!

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
I voted for wirex as i prefer to see this feature instead that we currently spend a similar amount on the bitshares ui worker to get another UI.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:36:42 am by Thul3 »

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
Supported. But it seems that we are lacking support from a group of folks that constantly twist your (@xeroc) arm to support their changes but don't support or even don't comment on other initiatives.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
*bump*
Brief reminder to consider voting for this worker.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Can this worker proposal include Brexit contingency considerations?
Wirex is located in UK & Germany. While no one can predict the outcome of Brexit, I suppose they are prepared structurally.

Offline bitProfessor

Offline R

• View Profile
Can this worker proposal include Brexit contingency considerations?

Offline matle85

• View Profile
This is a substantial cost but the potential benefits are huge so on balance I think its a really good call and we should proceed.

Great job to Xeroc and the team for bringing this to the table.

I've signed up to Wirex and will try over the coming week or so.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
https://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2019-05-wirex-integration

Worker Intent

Months of preparations, intensive phone calls and business development lead to a verbal agreement from credit card processor Wirex to list BTS. We believe that Wirex comes with a reasonable cost-benefit ratio and has an excellent reputation in the space. Wirex comes with 2.2 million registered users and the WirexApp provides access to Euro, British Pound and US Dollar and supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, WAVES, NANO, DAI and XLM.

Notably, its debit card services run over VISA.

Wirex is a well established and fully regulated company, properly outfitted with KYC and compliance. All information on its services, terms and conditions can be found on wirexapp.com. Its service also entails an affiliate program and a reward for use. We invite everyone to read up on the details.

We see this as a highly desirable functionality. As BTS is listed on known technical structures we have been offered this opportunity at much less than the usual price.

Depending on their worker load and schedule, Wirex technical team can integrate BitShares within 4 weeks.