Author Topic: Best strategy for PTS/BTC  (Read 6349 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I haven't visited this forum due RL, though the more I come here, the more development I see.
Seems as invictus spearheads the DAC evolution, and it's interesting to see how it will compete with Ethereum.

I do have a question (that was probably asked already) - in light of AGSX introduction, what would be the best strategy of using PTS and BTC?

1) Buy AGS in PTS
2) Buy AGS in BTC
3) Hold PTS
4) Sell PTS for BTC, and buy AGS?

Thanks for any opinion!

AGS cannot be traded while PTS can be traded. AGS cannot be mined while PTS can be mined.
If you want to day trade keep your PTS.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline danonthehill

• View Profile
Still not sure.  Shares of what?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Can someone explain in a concrete way what are angelshares and bitshares, it seems very vague ... they are shares of what exactly ?

Bitshares allow financial derivates (betting on Gold or USd to go up or down in price) as well as holding all kinds of goods (Gold, USD etc) in digital form.
AGS as well as PTS give you a share in BĂ­tshares (BTS) which will come out early March as well as in other future DACs.

Offline lir111

• View Profile
Can someone explain in a concrete way what are angelshares and bitshares, it seems very vague ... they are shares of what exactly ? 

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The difference between AGS and PTS:
- PTS is liquid so you can sale them trade them
- PTS will give you 1.3 BTSX for each PTS
-AGS are not liquid
-AGS give you 3.3333 BTSX for  each AGS

The future DAC,that respect the social consensus, will give 10% share to PTS holders and 10% to AGS holders. So you'll get share in the future DAC with both AGS and PTS. The only difference will be it is the liquidity of PTS.

Regarding the above statements in bold and underlined, is this because the number of PTS and AGS is already known at the time of the snapshot?
correct
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline d3adh3ad

• View Profile
-AGS are not liquid

The future DAC,that respect the social consensus, will give 10% share to PTS holders and 10% to AGS holders. So you'll get share in the future DAC with both AGS and PTS. The only difference will be it is the liquidity of PTS.

Regarding the above statements in bold and underlined, is this because the number of PTS and AGS is already known at the time of the snapshot?

Offline oco101

• View Profile
-AGS are not liquid

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
It could have been simpler, for sure, but its an evolving space and what they did was a strategy to adapt. Look at the link above, its not that people are holding back.

Offline Whiskeylake

• View Profile
If you donate, you get AGS - angelshares - and these will translate into BTS-X but not the other future Invictus DACs  In some ways, holding PTS is more conservative option, as you still keep it after, but... there is not so much information about the future DAC releases as yet, and PTS will likely dip after 28th Feb. Also, now, people realise the better ratio with AGS. My guess is that future successful independent DACs will honor the social consensus, as this will be a snappy way to gain support of this rapidly growing community, and community support is critical, right? Time will tell how easy it will be to build a DAC, but you can guess that people will be working on ones that self replicate in time. This gives a hint as to how many DACs might appear. Anyway, I decided a while ago that the best option was to hold PTS but also donate in BTC, ie just do both. Now you have to weigh up what others have donated more carefully than ever: - see the charts http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

I read something about transfer ID's from the AGS will also be taken into account in future DACs. But I have almost given up on understanding this.
I have no idea why they made this so fucking hard to keep track of, surely scares away the majority of potential investors and developers.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
If you donate, you get AGS - angelshares - and these will translate into BTS-X but not the other future Invictus DACs  In some ways, holding PTS is more conservative option, as you still keep it after, but... there is not so much information about the future DAC releases as yet, and PTS will likely dip after 28th Feb. Also, now, people realise the better ratio with AGS. My guess is that future successful independent DACs will honor the social consensus, as this will be a snappy way to gain support of this rapidly growing community, and community support is critical, right? Time will tell how easy it will be to build a DAC, but you can guess that people will be working on ones that self replicate in time. This gives a hint as to how many DACs might appear. Anyway, I decided a while ago that the best option was to hold PTS but also donate in BTC, ie just do both. Now you have to weigh up what others have donated more carefully than ever: - see the charts http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

Offline Whiskeylake

• View Profile
But do keepers get as much BitsharesX as donators of BTC?

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Yes, you keep the Bitshares-PTS (ie protoshares), these have potential future value with other DACs.

Offline Whiskeylake

• View Profile
Sell PTS for BTC -> Donate some of those BTC for AGS -> Buy PTS in early March with the remaining BTC
 Later you may sell some of the BTSX for cheap PTS/AGS or spend them on booze, blackjack, ......

At current PTS and AGS prices, you need to donate less than half of the BTC earned by selling PTS to get similar amount of BTSX.

EDIT: Strictly my opinion. Please look around and build your own strategy. In particular, never go all in on one strategy.

But if you donate, you lose your Bitcoin.
If you instead just keep your Protoshare, you get Bitshares because they "snapshot" your amount of Protoshares and even get to keep them?

sumantso

Sell PTS for BTC -> Donate some of those BTC for AGS -> Buy PTS in early March with the remaining BTC
 Later you may sell some of the BTSX for cheap PTS/AGS or spend them on booze, blackjack, ......

At current PTS and AGS prices, you need to donate less than half of the BTC earned by selling PTS to get similar amount of BTSX.

EDIT: Strictly my opinion. Please look around and build your own strategy. In particular, never go all in on one strategy.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
When should we make sure that we have are wallets stocked with PTS in order to receive BTS?

The last PTS block with a timestamp in February is the one. Timezone is always GMT.