Author Topic: 111* days estimated for Difficulty to retarget. Could this kill PTS?  (Read 94143 times)

Offline bytemaster

Re: 42 days estimated for Difficulty to retarget. Could this kill PTS?
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2014, 01:25:29 am »
D'you mean our PTS are gonna become worthless ?

I mean they will change form and you will get something else of equal (or greater) value in exchange.  More of a hard fork.

that means, after that, if someone will donate the new PTS for AGS it must be done to a new address I suppose...

We are preparing a plan that we think will solve the following items:

1) PTS Mining Issues
2) PTS AGS Fund
3) Air Drop Targeting

Details on this plan are being worked out, but I think most will find it much more effective at addressing things.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2014, 11:10:28 pm »

I mean they will change form and you will get something else of equal (or greater) value in exchange.  More of a hard fork.

that means, after that, if someone will donate the new PTS for AGS it must be done to a new address I suppose...

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2014, 09:03:52 pm »

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline burgoboby

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2014, 09:02:45 pm »

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2014, 09:51:38 pm »
the new protoshares DPOS client, will it be backwards compatible with proof of work, and the POS blocks will just overtake the POW blocks?

If protoshares revalues within the next month, would that put the DPOS migration on hold, or is this DPOS protoshares planned to be a test of DPOS before bitsharesX is released?

No the new ProtoShares DPOS client will not be backwards compatible.

Offline ag

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2014, 05:34:13 pm »
the new protoshares DPOS client, will it be backwards compatible with proof of work, and the POS blocks will just overtake the POW blocks?

If protoshares revalues within the next month, would that put the DPOS migration on hold, or is this DPOS protoshares planned to be a test of DPOS before bitsharesX is released?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2014, 01:32:14 pm »
No because the value of pts is the social contract which is transferable on the daily snapshots.   We will soon migrate pts to dpos and this problem will go away. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How will this work? With 350k shares to be distributed before the 2 million mark and inflationary only period? I see it working post share exhaustion but not till then. Is the delegate to act as a faucet? What am I missing?

You are missing that PTS has no obligation to mine out all 2 million shares and that the final snapshot on PTS can occur at any time.

February, 28th spnapshot wasn't the last one ? A new snapshot will happen ? wich purpose ?

Every new DAC in the pipeline will have its own snapshot when it is ready to launch.  No such dates have been announced by any developers I know of, but you can see many DACs are in various stages of development.

Do you have the knowledge that some announcements take place soon from some developers? Is it possible that some of them would not choose the path of  snapshoting PTS and choose other ways to promote their DACs ??? Are they committed to a snapshot ?

The March newsletter outlined many new DACs that are on the horizon.  Some of them could do a snapshot this spring or summer - but that depends on their rate of progress which is subject to many forces beyond anyone's control.

All of them have committed to honor the BitShares Social Consensus, but most are still working out the details of what distribution of shares will maximize their likelihood of success.  Many ideas get floated in the forum to gain community feedback and are usually highly subject to change as the developer's think and listen and learn.

Your best bet is to follow the postings of each developer, look at the state of their code, and form your own estimates of how long it will be before each snapshot takes place.

The accepted practice is to give the community at least two week's notice prior to doing any snapshot.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2014, 09:16:51 am »
No because the value of pts is the social contract which is transferable on the daily snapshots.   We will soon migrate pts to dpos and this problem will go away. 

How will this work? With 350k shares to be distributed before the 2 million mark and inflationary only period? I see it working post share exhaustion but not till then. Is the delegate to act as a faucet? What am I missing?

You are missing that PTS has no obligation to mine out all 2 million shares and that the final snapshot on PTS can occur at any time.

February, 28th spnapshot wasn't the last one ? A new snapshot will happen ? wich purpose ?

Every new DAC in the pipeline will have its own snapshot when it is ready to launch.  No such dates have been announced by any developers I know of, but you can see many DACs are in various stages of development.

Do you have the knowledge that some announcements take place soon from some developers? Is it possible that some of them would not choose the path of  snapshoting PTS and choose other ways to promote their DACs ??? Are they committed to a snapshot ?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline burgoboby

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2014, 08:31:33 pm »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »
I think it would be good to define the snapshot to be the block that breaks 2m shares. Even better to have the new version ready and have hard-forked the old one to stop producing blocks at that point.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2014, 04:25:29 pm »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2014, 01:21:53 pm »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2014, 01:04:22 am »
A delegate can be a delegate for multiple DACs. There will likely be delegates where you can request to be added specifically for this purpose

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2014, 09:02:54 pm »

just wondering if that would be possible to have an option that can joint mining with BTS network since for some small DAC it may be difficult to find 100 delegates at the beginning.

Each network has its own delegates.

微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students