Author Topic: DACIndex.com now live  (Read 20784 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thank you, bitbro! Half the freaking postings around here are from this Adam guy, who clearly does not feel like it's a good fit for him. He complains that his time is 150% committed and he doesn't have time for anything, yet he comes back here again and again to waste the time of these developers, who keep patiently responding to his crud. Move on already. How many times do you keep calling a girl who clearly isn't into you?

bitbro

You seem to think I mean "there shouldn't be a team developing"

That's not what I mean.  I mean if you put all your eggs in one basket, lets say all you invest in is Bitcoin.   Then when Bitshares comes along and it starts going up in price, well you don't have any of that and it's getting all this attention instead of Bitcoin.  What a dick that bitshares is, why can't they just get out of the way when Bitshares is really just a modification on the idea you already invested in Bitcoin. 

You don't want to get your head in a space where "Myself" = "The Investment" because that means if the investment has something going wrong with it, you'll miss it.  You're too close to it. 

And to the guy who is all in Angelshares, that's exactly my point.

Yeah, I'm all in with I3 so quit fudding up the forum with your fud.  Like Stan says be a good sport and become your own industry developer instead of trying to hijack this one. You're not management here and I for certain would not be all in with AGS if you were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:17:51 am by bitbro »

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
You seem to think I mean "there shouldn't be a team developing"

That's not what I mean.  I mean if you put all your eggs in one basket, lets say all you invest in is Bitcoin.   Then when Bitshares comes along and it starts going up in price, well you don't have any of that and it's getting all this attention instead of Bitcoin.  What a dick that bitshares is, why can't they just get out of the way when Bitshares is really just a modification on the idea you already invested in Bitcoin. 

You don't want to get your head in a space where "Myself" = "The Investment" because that means if the investment has something going wrong with it, you'll miss it.  You're too close to it. 

And to the guy who is all in Angelshares, that's exactly my point. 
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Then I am a man of faith.  Interesting.

Faith is easy when you pick a team and become blind to anything but what the association can bring you.   As an investor the last thing you want to do is pick a team. 

If you're joining a religion, go for it.

As an investor one of the first things I want to do is pick a team.

The easiest example, though not entirely appropriate to this instance, is "franchises". One team in a very good location can have miserable results with a proven franchise concept. Let it be sold and another team take over, and the same location, same concept, can be wildly successful.

A bad team can run ANYTHING into the ground.

But Bitshares is not a franchise. It is original (the original vision which, if successful, can produce something akin to (NOT "equivalent to") franchise opportunities.

It seems to me that the very purpose of this bitshares forum is to further the interests of PTS and AGS (BTS) holders. In what way has Invictus ever transgressed that purpose? Some other prominent posters however, have, to my thinking, clearly posted at cross purposes. They are, to put it succinctly, placing ads for their own projects rather than contributing to the purpose of this forum. This can be subtle (Charles Hoskinson, Barwizi, etc) or outright blatant (see the scam ads in OFF TOPIC).

I agree with this. As an investor, I want Invictus making the overall decisions for now on where investment funds go, at least until the proper tools are in place that enable community participation in a fair, transparent and representative way.  I have read every thread recently with great interest, and have yet to see a compelling argument as to support accusations of Invictus' supposed incompetence. It is glaringly obvious that certain individuals in this forum have ulterior and varying motives that seem to change from day to day and from thread to thread. Some people are speaking with accusation as if they have already gone from concept, development and successful exit of ten different DACs, when in reality they nor anyone else has even gotten past concept at this stage.

I believe that the Larimers have been pretty clear on their intentions and that their actions have been consistent with those intentions. We are in uncharted territory here, and it is obvious that they are moving slower and more carefully as they try and figure out the myriad of potential legal
 risks and implications of what they are doing. I just can not see the value in dissecting every minute detail on an hour to hour basis and bashing the same people on a open forum that you expect to help deliver value to those shares in which you are invested.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Faith is easy when you pick a team and become blind to anything but what the association can bring you.   As an investor the last thing you want to do is pick a team. 

The easiest example, though not entirely appropriate to this instance, is "franchises". One team in a very good location can have miserable results with a proven franchise concept. Let it be sold and another team take over, and the same location, same concept, can be wildly successful.

But Bitshares is not a franchise. It is original (the original vision which, if successful, can produce something akin to (NOT "equivalent to") franchise opportunities.

It seems to me that the very purpose of this bitshares forum is to further the interests of PTS and AGS (BTS) holders. In what way has Invictus ever transgressed that purpose? Some other prominent posters however, have, to my thinking, clearly posted at cross purposes. They are, to put it succinctly, placing ads for their own projects rather than contributing to the purpose of this forum. This can be subtle (Charles Hoskinson, Barwizi, etc) or outright blatant (see the scam ads in OFF TOPIC).

Not sure i want to even waste my time responding to this affront.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline mint chocolate chip

From your standpoint Adam you have a much greater knowledge of the situation and access to information than the rest of us.

bitbro

I agree.  Faith is easier tho, esp. when you're all in with AGS

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

bitbro

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I disagree , I have complete trust because i3 continues to make the deal better

You mistake trust for faith, many on this forum do. 

bitbro

I disagree , I have complete trust because i3 continues to make the deal better

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Seriously, just incentivize the market to duke it out for the big prizes you set up to give to the winner.  If you try to pick winning projects now YOU WILL BE WRONG but if you just say "Whoever is the most successful Invictus DAC as judged by profitability for the token holders in one year gets <big pile of money>", do the same thing again in year two but the guy who won last year can't win this year.   

Don't predict outcomes, reward them.  The market will solve your problem and you'll only pay for the best solution.

Bounties to this point have been specific and task oriented, outsourced R&D really.   This is different.

Bounties rewarded for specific outcomes do work. Have you heard of Peter Diamandis and his X Prize Foundation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BltRufe5kkI

Yep, it sure does.  What doesn't work is changing the deal whenever you feel you can make it better.   The variables can change but the deal should never change, and the fact that it has so many times here has caused this lack of trust.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Seriously, just incentivize the market to duke it out for the big prizes you set up to give to the winner.  If you try to pick winning projects now YOU WILL BE WRONG but if you just say "Whoever is the most successful Invictus DAC as judged by profitability for the token holders in one year gets <big pile of money>", do the same thing again in year two but the guy who won last year can't win this year.   

Don't predict outcomes, reward them.  The market will solve your problem and you'll only pay for the best solution.

Bounties to this point have been specific and task oriented, outsourced R&D really.   This is different.

Bounties rewarded for specific outcomes do work. Have you heard of Peter Diamandis and his X Prize Foundation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BltRufe5kkI

http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
To avoid what is already a huge problem, i gave PTS holders who were actually interested in my ideas a huge discount....see Invictus show any interest? Any support? NO...why???? see the above quote.

It's not complicated: You didn't follow the social contract, so you were deliberately marginalized. How do you know it wouldn't have looked different if you hadn't?

If you are so convinced by your "NETWORK EFFECT", please lets modify the PTS code and make an extra 2 million and push them out in a single block, the lets give them away, and watch how the price will react. Don't go asking devs to do something you clearly cannot do.

...what? That's *nothing* like asking you to honor 10/10 when you launch...

for it to be a contract, i need to consent to it.  :)
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.