Author Topic: Bit Super Lab  (Read 10351 times)

Offline cgafeng

good job and thinks for you share.
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
+5% awesome .. you give us some source code or at least a rough sketch on how you parse the blockchain?

Importer was done in Python, but I don't think the Blockchain will be enough for all the good stats.

Code: [Select]
def call(method, params):
  url = "http://SERVERIP:PORT/rpc"
  auth = (<RPCUSER>, <RPCPASS>)
  headers = {'content-type': 'application/json'}
  payload = {
    "method": method,
    "params": params,
    "jsonrpc": "2.0",
    "id": 1
  }
  return requests.post(url, data=json.dumps(payload), headers=headers, auth=auth)

Make sure to set SERVERIP, PORT, RPCUSER, RPCPASS in the above example. Then you can do things like:

Code: [Select]
response = call("blockchain_get_blockcount", [])
response = call("blockchain_get_block", [x])
response = call("blockchain_get_block_signee", [x])
response = call("blockchain_list_missing_block_delegates", [x])

Please share ideas for improvements, donate to support the effort (I'm running 3 servers costing $100/mo + putting my time on the weekends), community support would keep me interested.

Cheers!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% awesome .. you give us some source code or at least a rough sketch on how you parse the blockchain?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I've started on making some basic stats visible, the network was sufferring at some point, in fast it was the most stable when the initXX delegates were live in the beginning it was doing 100%. That hasn't happened since.

I will try to make the stats publicly available live this weekend.

Cheers!

(See my signature for my progress)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I am posting here because as far as I know I am the first delegate to take advantage of bitsuperlabs service. I can tell you he and his team have been great. I have asked lots of questions and they come back with answers very quickly. So if you support bitsuperlabs please support

bitsuperlab.gentso     
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:43:27 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline Pheonike

I would like to participate. I am a network admin and in the process of setting some vps. My linux skills need some work, but this a project i am willing develop them with.

Offline JoeyD

If security, ddos and uptime are concerns then we also need info on how the network detects and connects to delegates or if the model is reversed how delegates connect to the network.  That way we might also be able to setup failover systems, traffic shaping and firewalls. Unfortunately I can't deduce this from the source-code because I can't code and I probably won't understand the code if I read it. (Yes I'm mentally disabled, but there's not much I can do about that.)

PS
Seems the need for bitYuan is becoming dire these last few days, so lets hope we can get the show on the road quickly enough.

Offline svk

I'm not interested in running a delegate as a profession or company, but I'd be willing to help bootstrap the system and setup a delegate in the meantime, until the system has grown big enough.

I'd have to setup a cloudbased VPS for that though, because my home internet connection is rubbish and there's isn't much I can do to improve that.

Before I do that I'd like some more detailed information about what it takes to run a delegate.
- How much "stake" is needed to be eligible?
- How secure is that stake? Is there a way to secure my stake in the form of a mining multisig-wallet safely backed by my paper wallet(s) in a secure location or with the help of a cold-storage/signing solution?
- Any other details would be welcome like requirements in the shape of storage, cpu-power, memory, bandwidth etcetera.

+5%

+5%, also interested in this.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I'm not interested in running a delegate as a profession or company, but I'd be willing to help bootstrap the system and setup a delegate in the meantime, until the system has grown big enough.

I'd have to setup a cloudbased VPS for that though, because my home internet connection is rubbish and there's isn't much I can do to improve that.

Before I do that I'd like some more detailed information about what it takes to run a delegate.
- How secure is that stake? Is there a way to secure my stake in the form of a mining multisig-wallet safely backed by my paper wallet(s) in a secure location or with the help of a cold-storage/signing solution?
- Any other details would be welcome like requirements in the shape of storage, cpu-power, memory, bandwidth etcetera.

+5%
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
For a delegate with high availability, you may need to handle DDOS attack to the DAC.
DDOS attack to the DAC could probably achieve through attacking the delegates.
delegates only sign blocks .. No need to expose you IP address .. as far as I can remember from Dans posts.
I may be wrong though

Yes, I said that because I'm wandering and having the presumption whether or not there are possibilities that delegates IP could be exposed by others since they are connected to network?

You certainly could run many nodes to avoid that, but which increase the cost of operation.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:46:08 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JoeyD

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
For a delegate with high availability, you may need to handle DDOS attack to the DAC.
delegates only sign blocks .. No need to expose you IP address .. as far as I can remember from Dans posts.
I may be wrong though

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
If I get the chance to be a delegate from the beginning I would do it .. even if its not profitable at the beginning.

My Server is paid. I dont expect too much traffic from it and I also dont see why it should use too much processing power either

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
If I get the chance to be a delegate from the beginning I would do it .. even if its not profitable at the beginning.

My Server is paid. I dont expect too much traffic from it and I also dont see why it should use too much processing power either

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
There might be a market between users and delegates if users can choose the amout of fee to pay. But maybe delegate could be voted down for the reason that they do not include low fee transactions.