Author Topic: Rest in Peace, DA  (Read 10776 times)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Re: Rest in Peace, DA
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 10:39:36 am »
It's actually just another way to capture the remaining unmined PTS ($1m) into your own pocket, just like what you did by AGS. So long as Invictus has the right to decide whoever gets the remaining unmined PTS, it is in violation of the original social contract. You actually don't need an extra $1m to *help build the crypto-equity industry*, the fund you kept hostage via AGS is already far more than enough.

As an angry investor who invested more than $100k, though I don't post in this forum a lot, I really care the whole development of this project. And I'm really disappointed to see you guys bouncing checks all the time.
maybe ,I should add  +5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 11:23:52 am »
So long as Invictus has the right to decide whoever gets the remaining unmined PTS, it is in violation of the original social contract.

valid point...
but the same time we must face the reality that a long time ago it is not profitable to mine PTS !!!
I mean the miners will get pts worth of about 1 million and the same time will loose more then a million because of electric bills and because they don't mined other realy profitable worth-mining coins...The only reason to mine PTS (if I don't lack of the public informations provided) is SECURITY, that is solved after the DPOS "implementation"... or am I missing something. Of course they must somehow convince us or better to say proof us the remaining PTS will fairly distributed to the "public"...

PS What about the Idea to give the remaining PTS to AGS investors and the percentage that will take I3 because they are heavily  invested on AGS would used for that reason Stan mentioned.After all it would be near $1.000.000 after PTS price raise because of the buzz and I hope the release of BitsharesX...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:12:57 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 11:52:21 am »
Or anounce when you will BURN THEM (the remaining PTS) ...
The PTS with DPOS technology and the BURNING METHOD would surely boost the value of PTS...and make the holders twice happy!

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 11:59:42 am »
dpos come on
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 12:35:05 pm »
I think this is an idea that could benefit everyone a lot and get us a lot of attention and good will, as long as it's done well. This is way better than distributing them by mining.  Burning seems to be a wasted opportunity.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 12:43:56 pm »
I think this is an idea that could benefit everyone a lot and get us a lot of attention and good will, as long as it's done well. This is way better than distributing them by mining.

+5%

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 12:51:45 pm »
I am thinking: Why not?

We already left the miners behind by establishing that it is wasteful, and assuming that our product is good, the only thing that really matters is promotion through giveaways, airdrops, charity, competitions, etc. that force people to pay attention to the product. So long as the product is good, and people pay attention, then the rest will take care of itself.

However, the snapshot must be announced way in advance or else people will miss it. Hmm.. I suspect the PTS price will go up very soon..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:53:16 pm by CLains »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 12:52:57 pm »
ETA of the new PTS DPOS version?don't tell me soon,i hate this world :p..if you can not give any ETA,just ignore me :(

ok i see , * or winter... I surrender..

"Or winter" was a a reference to the fact that half the planet is "soon" heading into winter.
(I didn't want to be a Northern Hemisphere chauvinist.)    :)

PTS2 will be out as "soon" as XT has proven DPOS is ready for prime time.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 12:57:24 pm »
thanks for always having the people from Down Under in mind haha
*or Winter

Ever since i looked up into the night sky from the streets of Canberra and saw that the constellation Orion was upside down I have never forgotten that half the planet spends their time hanging down from their feet.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 01:01:45 pm »
We already left the miners behind by establishing that it is wasteful

+5%

The only miners right now are the PTS supporters and they loose money right now!
So it is great that they found a solution for the security (DPOS) and not only, and want to distribute the remaining PTS to the public...
Seems like a win-win situation as long as it's done well like Agent86 said  ;)

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 01:12:29 pm »
ETA of the new PTS DPOS version?don't tell me soon,i hate this world :p..if you can not give any ETA,just ignore me :(

ok i see , * or winter... I surrender..

"Or winter" was a a reference to the fact that half the planet is "soon" heading into winter.
(I didn't want to be a Northern Hemisphere chauvinist.)    :)

PTS2 will be out as "soon" as XT has proven DPOS is ready for prime time.

The last "soon" is so good

PTS2  come back
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:36:21 pm by ebit »

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 01:41:09 pm »
More details about our rationale

If we simply upgrade to DPOS, mining will end and the remaining ~300,000 PTS will never be created.

That is the same thing as destroying them and has the effect of giving all PTS holders at that time a 15% increase in BIPS (billionths of the money supply).

But our commitment is to always do the best thing we can think of for PTS and AGS holders.
A lousy 15% plus-up for PTS holders only is not the best we can do! 
We are aiming for 2x, 3x, ... 10x... growth in value
- of the whole industry.

That is our definition of "fair"   
:)

Judging from the overwhelming demand in this forum to "do something, anything!" to grow the industry exponentially, it would be simply irresponsible to pass up the opportunity to put the remaining shares into circulation via strategically targeted multi-dimensional promotions.  The forum is full of great ideas for making sure that the BitShares industry really does capture the "Network Effect" to the point where some clever marketer can't fork the code and steal your wealth with a better marketing plan.

So to both protect existing investors and grow the value of their holdings we must use every resource as efficiently as possible to (with apologies to PETA and SPCA) kill as many birds with each PTS stone as possible.

Its all about lining up your shots and playing the game for where the chips will lie when the music stops and the smoke clears. (To mix a few metaphors.)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:45:11 pm by Stan »

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 02:01:21 pm »
I seem to be the only one buying any PTS these days.  I think every buy order over the last 2 days has been me.  Maybe I'm the idiot. :-\

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 02:07:21 pm »
HaHa I sold some to you ;And I had bought back today.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 04:08:41 pm »
Giving 15% to grow the community is good, very good indeed!

Dilution with 15% all current PTS holder is not good BUT PTS holders must be aware of this already, so it is OK!

But the arrogance it takes for Invictus to treat those 15% of PTS  as theirs, as something that belongs to them by some unknown right is, unbelievable!
The arrogance of Stan does not stop there! He goes on to claim that because of their treatment of funds that are not theirs, this whole scheme will actually be very beneficial for the holders of PTS!

‘A lousy 15% plus-up for PTS holders only is not the best we can do! 
We are aiming for 2x, 3x, ... 10x... growth in value’

How about a noble idea – if this promo will be so great, why doesn’t Invictus add  15 % of their own PTS and 15 % of the AGS fund, so the PTS holders benefit  even more???

And the calm, approving response of the community to that outrageous suggestion is sheepish. We deserve our fate if we accept such despicable statements with such calm and notes of happiness.