Author Topic: What is BitShares PTS (proto-shares)?  (Read 46430 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Re: What is ProtoShares?
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2014, 09:24:31 am »
Solid. I overall agree  :)

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2014, 11:34:28 am »

I think developers will use this launch pad because its the most cost effective way to accelerate their path to fame and glory.

And when it's not, they won't.

I think this in a nutshell is why PTS/AGS as a platform, infrastructure, and SDK - more than a single product, will be a huge success. In the same way the Apple and Android app stores exploded because there were already so many users on each platform and the tools to quickly get apps out the door made it very compelling and also difficult to justify developing something from the ground up.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2014, 11:51:17 am »

I think developers will use this launch pad because its the most cost effective way to accelerate their path to fame and glory.

And when it's not, they won't.

I think this in a nutshell is why PTS/AGS as a platform, infrastructure, and SDK - more than a single product, will be a huge success. In the same way the Apple and Android app stores exploded because there were already so many users on each platform and the tools to quickly get apps out the door made it very compelling and also difficult to justify developing something from the ground up.

Agreed! Because this is a scaling market (economies of scale) heavily influenced by networks effects, reputation, marketing, technical superiority (everything ;)) pays out exponentially. This is something where VC money makes a difference. 

Offline fuckingegg

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2014, 07:54:45 am »
very useful

Offline zhang8862686

• PkrX7zWBe76uu825XAcN8urVbiMiRV4npo
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2014, 08:48:01 am »
Developers and Investors start on a level playing field for obtaining ProtoShares. Both may begin
mining and trading ProtoShares on a pre-announced Launch Date. The developer’s only advantage is in
believing more in the value of what they are developing and acquiring their ProtoShares before the
general market demand heats up. The slow release of new shares keeps supply in line with demand so
that share price can reflect the consensus value of the shares as the market takes an ever closer look at
the idea.

nice
PkrX7zWBe76uu825XAcN8urVbiMiRV4npo

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2014, 07:14:07 pm »
I want to make sure I understand everything fully....

A 3rd Party developer of a POS DAC would waive the money he would get from a presale (to the degree he gives tokens to PTS holders) for the advantage of attention and support by a diversified crowd (PTS holders).  Is that right?

Would the following summary be comprehensive?

All PTS holders together get at least 10% of each DAC (precisely 10% of the tokens (coins) the DAC uses) Invictus will ever release (with Bitshares it will be 50%). This 10% slice will be proportional in distribution to the distribution of PTS. Apart from that other developers can do the same and give a certain percentage of their coins to PTS holders. The advantage for them would be that the DAC they release will immediately have the attention of all the PTS holders. And every person that owns a coin has an incentive to promote it or contribute to its development in whatever way so that the price of the coins this person owns increases. This audience (PTS holders) in addition is one that understands the potential and functioning of DACs well - it's an advantage to have such an initial user base instead of random miners. This is perfect for Proof of Work based DACs. Proof of stake DACs are missing out on the initial funding they would get... But they can waive a part of it to still have the support and attention from PTS holders. Furthermore DACs of non invictus developers will give the full 10% or more of their DAC tokens to PTS holders if Invictus assists the development or if the DAC is build based on Invictus

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2014, 02:23:08 am »
What is happening to the value of this protoshares??? Keeps on going DOWN? When will be the new DACS release? Before was 1 Protoshare = 1 bitshare, Now what is this angelshares  ?  50% angelshares + 50 % protoshares = bitshares ???? Please clarify.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2014, 09:45:48 am »
What is happening to the value of this protoshares??? Keeps on going DOWN? When will be the new DACS release? Before was 1 Protoshare = 1 bitshare, Now what is this angelshares  ?  50% angelshares + 50 % protoshares = bitshares ???? Please clarify.

Don't worry. Before it was 1 Protoshare -> 1 Bitshare (BEXshare) but there will be 10 times as many bitshares as there will be protoshares. So 10% was planned. Now it is 50% (1 Protoshares -> 5 Bitshares).
And the price is going down due to a temporary technicality: It is more efficient to buy Angelshares with Bitcoin so people sell their Protoshares for Bitcoin.... 

Offline saintfrancis

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2014, 12:49:34 pm »
Uhm, how many protoshares will be produced?And when is the approximate date until all shares are mined? :D

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2014, 04:07:11 pm »
Uhm, how many protoshares will be produced?And when is the approximate date until all shares are mined? :D

There will be roughly 2 million. After that 1% inflation after 2 years.
There are 1.3 million mined up to now.
I am not sure but 99% should ROUGHLY be mined in the next 1-2 years.
Its is a logarithmic function....

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2014, 03:13:31 am »

with the bitshares launch is upcoming will the ratio of Protoshares against bitshare still be 1:5?

Don't worry. Before it was 1 Protoshare -> 1 Bitshare (BEXshare) but there will be 10 times as many bitshares as there will be protoshares. So 10% was planned. Now it is 50% (1 Protoshares -> 5 Bitshares).
And the price is going down due to a temporary technicality: It is more efficient to buy Angelshares with Bitcoin so people sell their Protoshares for Bitcoin....

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Re: What is BitShares PTS (proto-shares)?
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2014, 03:25:30 am »
No, more like 1:1.5

You're thinking of before when they made PTS allocation go from 10% to 50%
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Re: What is BitShares PTS (proto-shares)?
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2014, 03:36:07 am »
 +5%  +5%  +5%

Offline kickky

• View Profile
Re: What are Proto-Shares?
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2014, 04:56:23 pm »
As a financial Compliance office and developer I'm currently working with several partners in regards of building a exchange that will be core for the main forex market place and compliant with trade rules and regulations. We have been working with NYSE and CME and really interested in moving into this side of the market. if you have any suggestions or wish to participate lat me know

can I ask that there would be any potential legal issues with proto-shares/bitshares? like how bitcoin is abused by criminals, bitshares can be abused too, and the govt can pick on Invictus Corp.

Pick on me they may, stop BitShares and Proto-Shares they will not.    The point of this coin is to establish market demand for BitShares + other ideas of Invictus.  ANYONE could implement it and the social contract would be enforced because it is all open source code :)

Jus a quick question, when bts released those who hold pts will get a bts reward. so, that means, if they have 1 pts in there hand, they are getting 1 pts and 1 bts?
花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh

Offline yellowecho

Re: What are Proto-Shares?
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2014, 10:52:21 pm »
As a financial Compliance office and developer I'm currently working with several partners in regards of building a exchange that will be core for the main forex market place and compliant with trade rules and regulations. We have been working with NYSE and CME and really interested in moving into this side of the market. if you have any suggestions or wish to participate lat me know

can I ask that there would be any potential legal issues with proto-shares/bitshares? like how bitcoin is abused by criminals, bitshares can be abused too, and the govt can pick on Invictus Corp.

Pick on me they may, stop BitShares and Proto-Shares they will not.    The point of this coin is to establish market demand for BitShares + other ideas of Invictus.  ANYONE could implement it and the social contract would be enforced because it is all open source code :)

Jus a quick question, when bts released those who hold pts will get a bts reward. so, that means, if they have 1 pts in there hand, they are getting 1 pts and 1 bts?

Yes, except I'm fairly certain you'll actually receive 1.3 BTS for each PTS.
696c6f766562726f776e696573