Author Topic: General marketing ideas & thoughts  (Read 6876 times)

Offline GaltReport

Re: General marketing ideas & thoughts
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2014, 11:34:18 pm »

Problem You Are Solving
Market Size
Sales and Profit Estimates

I would like to know this.

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2014, 10:26:29 pm »
I've picked out a few favorites from the slogans you have all thrown out, but first, can anyone point me to a summary/video that will explain to me why BitShares is a good investment in less than 2 minutes of my time? 

If you have less than 2 minutes see this:
http://youtu.be/XaY_KIsouTY

If you have more try this:  ;)
http://youtu.be/5BV55IrZi7g

Thanks.  The short explainer video is actually not bad.  The slogan used is "BitShares Does For Business What Bitcoin Does For Money", which again is not bad, unless we want to distance ourselves from Bitcoin, which is a very interesting conversation all on its own.  I still think most of the BitShares buyers will be Bitcoin holders, because they understand the technology and some of them are still sitting on oodles of Bitcoin looking to diversify into other projects.  I am guessing most of Ethereum's fund raising is coming from Bitcoin holders.

One question: Are we really expecting a real life business (albeit a techy one) like Overstock.com to try to run their business on BitShares?  In my view, this is highly unlikely.  I think it is far more likely that people will want to use BitShares to start some sort of business or fund some sort of new project.

I see two main benefits of BitShares - efficiency for running a business and flexibility for starting/funding a business.  Again I think it is hard to imagine an existing business moving some or all of their functions over to a blockchain.  Instead, I see a whole new breed of businesses that begin on a blockchain.  So maybe BitShares is the easiest way to start a business or fund a new project.  At the end of the day, BitShares' value will be based on how many people use it.  "BitShares - Powering A Whole New Breed Of Business" comes to mind.

Also, I think the token creation aspect is HUGE and should really be the focal point of any Bitcoin 2.0 efforts. The asset creation tool enabled by CounterParty, for example, is going to be mind-blowingly powerful and it is also relatively simple to understand and use.  Does BitShares provide a similar asset creation/exchange tool, and if so, should it not also be part of the main benefits presented in the marketing plan?

I am still undecided on my vote for the slogan, but very interested in the community's thoughts on the above.

merockstar

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2014, 03:58:41 am »
One question: Are we really expecting a real life business (albeit a techy one) like Overstock.com to try to run their business on BitShares?  In my view, this is highly unlikely.  I think it is far more likely that people will want to use BitShares to start some sort of business or fund some sort of new project.

Nah, BitShares will be the collateral backing bitUSD. That's what we're expecting them to try to run their business on :P

They could just use Bitcoin for now if they wanted a crypto more like BitShares, although that won't really scale.

Also, I think the token creation aspect is HUGE and should really be the focal point of any Bitcoin 2.0 efforts. The asset creation tool enabled by CounterParty, for example, is going to be mind-blowingly powerful and it is also relatively simple to understand and use.  Does BitShares provide a similar asset creation/exchange tool, and if so, should it not also be part of the main benefits presented in the marketing plan?

It's called BitShares ME. It's a separate DAC (although I think it's going to be implemented inside BitShares X if I understand correctly) and it's coming soon :)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2014, 03:12:21 pm »
A marketing idea would be someone to crate university lists and allocate a couple of unis to forum members. Forum members go to the respective web sites and het the emails of professors, students etc. All these emails are organized in a google spreadsheet and once all mailing lists are extracted you send them a professional presentation of bitshares. Make some bounties to people who extract the addresses to finish the list quickly..

another is to give ofcourse a small amount of bitshares to download the client and register.

finally you can give away bitshares to people who register and donate their other altcoins to a donation list that you approve. Stellar will do that for xrp so I expect xrp to no longer exist by next year..