Author Topic: Dry Run 7: The Power of DPOS  (Read 127069 times)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Seems that this test is going very well, congrats! +5% +5%
BTS committee member:jademont

Ggozzo

Still can't get the Windows GUI to run for the life of me. It just opens the splash page with bitsharesXT logo and then closes 3 seconds later. I have tried opening my firewall, ports, downloading in different browsers and nothing will get this going.

I am not sure if it's a comparability issue or if my computer is blocking something. I think Cass said he was having the same problem for one of his Windows laptops.

Any ideas?

I am using Windows 7 64bit.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We just introduced a hard fork... everyone should update. GUI wallet will be on minority fork until we get a new one out.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline itnom

• View Profile
    • Bitsapphire - The web development group that makes disruptive startups happen
I decided to run a new flood test where I would pump out 1000 trx per second and the network just laughed at my node and is slowly incorporating them at about 20 trx per block or so.   Flood failed, network won!

This made my day :D

Go Daniel go!
Back our bid as a BitShares Delegate! http://bitsapphire.com/Bitshares-Delegate

wallet_approve_delegate bitsapphire true

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
holy moly .. can we stresstest the whole weekend ... to be sure

Offline bytemaster

I decided to run a new flood test where I would pump out 1000 trx per second and the network just laughed at my node and is slowly incorporating them at about 20 trx per block or so.   Flood failed, network won!
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

similar problem on osx gui wallet. I notice that you have unlock it, but the overview page is broken, so you will stay at the login page.
I use the menu "Go to My Accounts" go to the account page, now you can use the wallet.

My windows wallet was fine, so I move that wallet to an ubuntu VM. The GUI once is locked you cannot unlock it.

Denny is working on this issue now.  Should be resolved later today.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline itnom

• View Profile
    • Bitsapphire - The web development group that makes disruptive startups happen
Guys we just fixed our bad terrible block production rate. We weren't hitting almost any blocks over this dry run. Works now without a hitch.

Might be helpful to some of you in the future:

• Rescan the blockchain
  • Wallet unlocked
  • Block production enabled

If you're using putty on your client to manipulate your server be sure to check whether putty is messing with your true/false commands when you close putty. Putty on our windows machine had a weird random bug where it would sometimes turn our wallet locked when we closed putty at the end of our working day. Hence our server wasn't doing anything overnight. We are using our Linux machine now for SSH to our server.
Back our bid as a BitShares Delegate! http://bitsapphire.com/Bitshares-Delegate

wallet_approve_delegate bitsapphire true

Offline Webber

• View Profile
My balance was enough after I rescaned chain,but when I transfer 500000XTS ,the wallet will give a huge amount of error log.
ftp://ftp-webber:12345@54.191.83.106/tra-err.txt

To send 50K XTS you needed to combine many small balances in one transaction which created one VERY BIG transaction yet we just included the standard fee.   There is also the possibility to create a transaction larger than what is allowed by blocks.   If you were stress-testing with this account then that is likely what the problem is. 

The solution is to send yourself several smaller transactions that will combine values first.

I see, you are right!
Bitshares2.0 witness node:delegate.webber
Bitshares2.0 API:ws://114.215.116.57:8090

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You can't delete them feom gui, but you can't make multiple wallets with the same name and you can't make multiple wallets with the gui at all except via console

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I have been naming my wallets sumantso. Now I wonder if there are multiple sumantsos out there :D How can I delete them? I can't access those wallets.

Can somebody check?

guess you can't delete them.. but don't know it exactly
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

sumantso

I have been naming my wallets sumantso. Now I wonder if there are multiple sumantsos out there :D How can I delete them? I can't access those wallets.

Can somebody check?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 03:30:20 pm by sumantso »

Offline laow

• View Profile
similar problem on osx gui wallet. I notice that you have unlock it, but the overview page is broken, so you will stay at the login page.
I use the menu "Go to My Accounts" go to the account page, now you can use the wallet.

My windows wallet was fine, so I move that wallet to an ubuntu VM. The GUI once is locked you cannot unlock it.
BTS acount: laow

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I had the same issue the last days but not now!
I can unlock now without problem...

what is your version to compare it?

My is:

Code: [Select]
>> about

{
  "bitshares_toolkit_revision": "507cb6cb21ad74d3b92eb447bf3e051f31804aed",
  "bitshares_toolkit_revision_age": "64 hours ago",
  "fc_revision": "60a8f3d3bef46f988fb1b00b2a4f217bfecf7cd8",
  "fc_revision_age": "67 hours ago",
  "compile_date": "compiled on Jul  1 2014 at 19:58:21"
}

Offline betax

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads