Author Topic: Dry Run 7: The Power of DPOS  (Read 126604 times)

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
I'm a newbee, that would like to learn how to use this Dry Run stuff.  Is there by any chance a simple step by step guide a newbee could follow anywhere?

Here's one question to start with:

Win  GUI
http://www.bitshares.org/BitSharesXT-0.0.8.exe

Mac GUI
http://www.bitshares.org/BitSharesXT-0.0.9.dmg

What is the significance of the fact that the Win version is crossed out?
I don't have a mac system, only windows.  Is this not the binary I want to work with?

Brent

Offline vikram

when I give the commands:
wallet_approve_delegate liondani 
wallet_approve_delegate liondani  true

both times the result message is:      "ok"

but in reality it approves only with the second command (+true)!

look please....
wallet_approve_delegate liondani     (without true)

Code: [Select]
liondani (unlocked) >>> wallet_approve_delegate liondani 
OK
liondani (unlocked) >>> wallet_list_my_accounts
NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            FAVORITE       APPROVED       BLOCK PRODUCTION ENABLED
liondani *                         XTS7DcP75mjsqxMSKUjoS7pKZQd6ZVgJcE2LbJSyApHAjDEhT7ijv           2014-07-01T22:37:45   NO             0              YES                     
liondani-linux *                   XTS7kn3gC9d6iKeFxieMj2Sf5PSLuerYZZFzGBQC7Ktu2p1dsyGGE           2014-07-02T00:26:15   NO             0              YES                     
liondani-linux-1 *                 XTS5mJjufSgJWmm9yNyWfAAoZSUKFfxphzmvYZzY7WtDHTDQ15bwL           2014-07-05T14:29:45   NO             0              YES                     
liondani-linux-2 *                 XTS7ackbkNREQgzVK9GJrTuMNGxigH2F7qQbf5ePnGU4hH4DyPDJ3           2014-07-05T14:33:00   NO             0              YES                     
liondaniel                         XTS6d5fuzezqyaBqzSJY6ityNWV59nGxoaf3ydHLPhFZQGKpuSfhP           NO                    NO             0              N/A                     
user123                            XTS747iL3PPsWy5ZyxjXVArdkv8hRCEZMFwudkYsnjsUb3dX6Znjj           NO                    NO             0              N/A

wallet_approve_delegate liondani true 

liondani (unlocked) >>> wallet_approve_delegate liondani true 
OK
NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            FAVORITE       APPROVED       BLOCK PRODUCTION ENABLED
liondani *                         XTS7DcP75mjsqxMSKUjoS7pKZQd6ZVgJcE2LbJSyApHAjDEhT7ijv           2014-07-01T22:37:45   NO             1              YES                     
liondani-linux *                   XTS7kn3gC9d6iKeFxieMj2Sf5PSLuerYZZFzGBQC7Ktu2p1dsyGGE           2014-07-02T00:26:15   NO             0              YES                     
liondani-linux-1 *                 XTS5mJjufSgJWmm9yNyWfAAoZSUKFfxphzmvYZzY7WtDHTDQ15bwL           2014-07-05T14:29:45   NO             0              YES                     
liondani-linux-2 *                 XTS7ackbkNREQgzVK9GJrTuMNGxigH2F7qQbf5ePnGU4hH4DyPDJ3           2014-07-05T14:33:00   NO             0              YES                     
liondaniel                         XTS6d5fuzezqyaBqzSJY6ityNWV59nGxoaf3ydHLPhFZQGKpuSfhP           NO                    NO             0              N/A                     
user123                            XTS747iL3PPsWy5ZyxjXVArdkv8hRCEZMFwudkYsnjsUb3dX6Znjj           NO                    NO             0              N/A                     

so it is better if someone don't use false or true that an error message will appear
or the best solution is that when someone not type false or true , then by default should true be assigned...

Done: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/commit/6abc0803dca9aadb0376327c014c4f81e6d88acb

Offline vikram

Before I delete all directories
I made a wallet backup using command:
"wallet_export_to_json"

Then after I rebuilded  the bitshares_toolkit etc.
I tried to create my wallet from the json file I had but these error occured:

(wallet closed) >>> wallet_create_from_json Dry7_050714
wallet_name: liondani
imported_wallet_passphrase: ***********
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
fc::exists( filename ):
    {}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:812 create_from_json

{"filename":"Dry7_050714","wallet_name":"liondani"}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:830 create_from_json

{}
    th_a  common_api_client.cpp:579 wallet_create_from_json

{"command":"wallet_create_from_json"}
    th_a  cli.cpp:538 execute_command

any suggestions ?   ::)

Are you sure you do not have a wallet named 'liondani' already? The output of 'wallet_list' does not show anything?

I am sure!

(wallet closed) >>> wallet_list
No wallets found.

Actually this is the error for when the specified JSON file cannot be found (I know we need a better error message). Are you absolutely sure you are entering the correct filename to import from?

SOLVED!

You are right I typed Dry7_050714 instead of dry7_050714

Sorry for freaking you out  :P
Thanks  ;)

PS As you said a better error message would be helpful

Slightly improved error message done: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/commit/c1a6602bcc95efba92c826578b1946113db674ad

Offline vikram

>>> wallet_list_unspent_balances
           BALANCE                                   OWNER                     VOTE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      10.00000 XTS    XTSLGQGRwandP7ZyVGRUJcApTMgd8dsg2cd610 assert_exception: Assert Exception
!"unimplemented condition type":
    {}
    th_a  cli.cpp:1065 print_unspent_balances

default (unlocked) >>> about
{
  "bitshares_toolkit_revision": "58b7e7c6d361a9af34cf5d99e1df33d1d2100feb",
  "bitshares_toolkit_revision_age": "16 hours ago",
  "fc_revision": "ace06d775c285673d4ade7683e332095d2440646",
  "fc_revision_age": "22 hours ago",
  "compile_date": "compiled on Jul  5 2014 at 10:13:26"
}

We'll get to it..: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/330

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
>>> wallet_list_unspent_balances
           BALANCE                                   OWNER                     VOTE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      10.00000 XTS    XTSLGQGRwandP7ZyVGRUJcApTMgd8dsg2cd610 assert_exception: Assert Exception
!"unimplemented condition type":
    {}
    th_a  cli.cpp:1065 print_unspent_balances

default (unlocked) >>> about
{
  "bitshares_toolkit_revision": "58b7e7c6d361a9af34cf5d99e1df33d1d2100feb",
  "bitshares_toolkit_revision_age": "16 hours ago",
  "fc_revision": "ace06d775c285673d4ade7683e332095d2440646",
  "fc_revision_age": "22 hours ago",
  "compile_date": "compiled on Jul  5 2014 at 10:13:26"
}
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
On linux everything worked fine with wallet creation from json file...

On win gui I tried to export a json file:

>> wallet_export_to_json liondani_backup_json

OK

I don't find the file anywhere.
Is it somewhere or is it a false message and actualy never created?

Anybody?

PS I Used Guis Console...

on bitshares_toolkit root data dir ... but you should save it as <yourfilename>.json i guess

see

Don't worry my delegate is producing blocks at the moment, just vote me up.

Thanks!

Ill spin up an ubuntu VM and see if I can recover the wallet.

for backup your wallet and recovering!
wallet_export_to_json <filename>.json
wallet_create_from_json <filename>.json

.json file is saved on bitshares_toolkit root layer

This helps me a lot! Hope it helps you too

you're using windows, right!?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
+5%
see my signature

Remove the http:// from the front of your link...
The board added it :( cant remove :(

what you mean!? Sry just dip into discussion now again! http:// on signature!?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%
see my signature

The board added it :( cant remove :(

Offline bytemaster

+5%
see my signature

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%
see my signature

edit: not working in forum
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:28:57 pm by xeroc »

Offline bytemaster

With the latest GUI you will be able to include links like:

xts:delegate_name/approve  => Open wallet and ask user if they would like to approve delegate name.
xts:delegate_name/disapprove  => Open wallet and ask user if they would like to remove approval of a delegate name.
xtd:private_name:XTSAccountKeyBase58   => automatically add an account/private key
xts:account_name/pay?amount=...,to=...
xts:private_account_name:XTSKey.../pay?amount=...,to=...

This will help all of you delegates direct users to the action you would like them to take.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
On linux everything worked fine with wallet creation from json file...

On win gui I tried to export a json file:

>> wallet_export_to_json liondani_backup_json

OK

I don't find the file anywhere.
Is it somewhere or is it a false message and actualy never created?

Anybody?

PS I Used Guis Console...

Offline CalabiYau

Still can't get the Windows GUI to run for the life of me. It just opens the splash page with bitsharesXT logo and then closes 3 seconds later. I have tried opening my firewall, ports, downloading in different browsers and nothing will get this going.

I am not sure if it's a comparability issue or if my computer is blocking something. I think Cass said he was having the same problem for one of his Windows laptops.

Any ideas?

I am using Windows 7 64bit.

Anyone?

No more crashing here after installed with the "run as administrator" option - found the pw and is working now nearly flawless.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
when I give the commands:
wallet_approve_delegate liondani 
wallet_approve_delegate liondani  true

both times the result message is:      "ok"

but in reality it approves only with the second command (+true)!

look please....
wallet_approve_delegate liondani     (without true)

liondani (unlocked) >>> wallet_approve_delegate liondani 
OK
liondani *                         XTS7DcP75mjsqxMSKUjoS7pKZQd6ZVgJcE2LbJSyApHAjDEhT7ijv           2014-07-01T22:37:45   NO             0              YES                     

wallet_approve_delegate liondani true 

liondani (unlocked) >>> wallet_approve_delegate liondani true 
OK
liondani *                         XTS7DcP75mjsqxMSKUjoS7pKZQd6ZVgJcE2LbJSyApHAjDEhT7ijv           2014-07-01T22:37:45   NO             1              YES                     

so it is better if someone don't use false or true that an error message will appear
or the best solution is that when someone not type false or true , then by default should true be assigned...

Offline Webber

• View Profile
I decided to run a new flood test where I would pump out 1000 trx per second and the network just laughed at my node and is slowly incorporating them at about 20 trx per block or so.   Flood failed, network won!

I ran a stress-test today,and system works well.Good job!
Bitshares2.0 witness node:delegate.webber
Bitshares2.0 API:ws://114.215.116.57:8090