Author Topic: -BETA- BitShares XT Wallet Download and Feedback thread [Mac 0.1.2] [Win 0.1.0]  (Read 15786 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
With TITAN, no one can see the balance of others, that's quite different from bitcoin.

From the documentation: (https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/AYNTK_TITAN)

Are read-only/watch-only keys possible with TITAN?

Yes. The basic support is already in place.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Block Explorer

Can we have the ability to "get_balance" on ANY address from the UI itself? I don't see why we couldn't include that, we probably have the code that already checks the balances.

Also would be nice to be able to add "watch" addresses balances.

With TITAN, no one can see the balance of others, that's quite different from bitcoin.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
On OSX 10.9.4, it seems to open and function fine (although the only thing I have done was approved delegates), however it closes by itself after about 5 minutes. I don't that I get logged out, but I have to lauch the app again.

It does look good though!

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
More on command line

If a command line produces an error, instead of showing "Command aborted." Just run help <command> and show how it should be used.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Command line & History:

- would be nice if "UP" and "DOWN" was going through the history. Alternatively make commands in the output a link, so clicking them populates the command line with the text.

Delegates Payout + Bugs

Payouts are not obvious, but I found the wallet_delegate_withdraw_pay command.

In the history I see the payout. However it is not reflected in the balance of the account itself.

That said - payouts and even transfers seem to be lingering sometimes.

Block Explorer

Can we have the ability to "get_balance" on ANY address from the UI itself? I don't see why we couldn't include that, we probably have the code that already checks the balances.

Also would be nice to be able to add "watch" addresses balances.

Security

This is quite the stretch, but why not - Ability to sign transactions offline. So many accounts are stolen/compromised. I would love to see a wallet that takes this seriously and never does the actual signature. Just make it so that the signature can be manually entered. Perhaps that's already in by using the RPC.

Offline JA

• View Profile
I think the design is already (almost) perfect.  +5%
at least compared to the crypto-qt wallet clones  :'(

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
I would like to consider myself technically inclined. I have yet to be able to successfully open the wallet. I've done everything short of wiping my computer completely. If this is on purpose then that is fine. If not then a solution really needs to be found. I have brought this up before but, it was not really looked into.

windows 7 pro 64bit.

Have you tried deleting the BitSharesXT folder located in C:>Users>Admin>AppData>Roaming and starting the client?

Yes. I don't know everything about IT but, I would like to think that I've done everything a person can do with a mouse. This means that I have not modified registry settings, changed items inside of a file, or reformatted my pc.

i am sorry to hear this. i am confident that future releases will work with your rig, but for now I think you may be stuck playing the waiting game.

could you describe your issue further: when you open the client, does a splash screen appear briefly, or does absolutely nothing happen? After you attempt to run the application, can you see any BitShares processes running in the background when you press control+alt+delete ?

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
i also hope that creating a centralized place (!) for users to discuss wallet issues might help streamline usability testing and lead to design improvements

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
How is that different from dry run 8?

Edit: I see - feedback thread sorry need coffee :) but dry run has feedback too. Or is this feature wise?

good point, there is definitely already some great discussion about the wallet clients going on in the Dry Run topics. thanks for reminding me - i need to comb through the latest one and look for wallet related talk!

however, the reason i started this thread is because the Dry Run threads aren't focused discussions. Many people in those threads are asking for test funds, discussing theoretical financial attacks, proposing suggestions for the way delegates work... etc. Great topics for sure, but I have a feeling a lot of that talk is simply white noise for front end users like me who only wanna look at pretty things.

also, after seeing a few fake wallets floating around the web I thought it might be helpful to create yet another clearly marked place to grab the official wallets from

Offline svk

Bugs:

• Windows 0.1.0: Does not close correctly, needs to be shut down through task manager.
  • Windows 0.1.0: The "Daily Income", "Daily Expenses" and "Daily Burn" panels have values of "inf" and "Nan" on first load, until you get synced maybe?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline jcdobber

• View Profile
How do i import my PTS wallet to get my share of XTS?

Offline bytemaster

what should I do if I forget the password… :'(

We have plans to give the user instructions to write down their password. 

Alternatively we could give them a way to print out their root private key.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

The Good
- It looks great, very aesthetically pleasing and far superior to any dime-a-dozen QT wallet
- Well supported, frequent client improvements and bug fixes
- Quick and responsive to inputs

Thanks for the encouraging feedback.  We are very hard on ourselves and I personally consider the UI to be "terrible" in comparison to what I envision in my head.  But your feedback is likely a better metric of what users are actually thinking. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
How is that different from dry run 8?

Edit: I see - feedback thread sorry need coffee :) but dry run has feedback too. Or is this feature wise?

Offline deer

• View Profile