Author Topic: Kevin Harrington and St. Martin  (Read 22966 times)

Offline fuzzy

So I really really really am not trying to be a dick here, I want to understand what Brian actually does because I don't see it and Director of Marketing seems like it should have obvious, public results.   Where are they?

Sigh... 

I miss the old Adam.  The one who brought me to bitshares.  I wonder how he's doing.

Brian did something that deserves a high five...so I for one will be giving him one.  Sure it took some time, but he is enlisting people who compliment the project.  His actions have amplified bitshares' marketing and made it so he can focus on bringing people together.  As far as the whales, they came after the tech was built because the tech is now showing it can scale to enterprise level (something bitcoin has been banging its head against for how long?) Can't we just leave it at "good job brian" for the time being? 

Thanks for your hard work Brian...and to I3--enjoy your weekend.  You deserve it.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I heard a baseball bat crack...but I don't see the ball.  Did Brian hit it out of the park?

Brian, Dan, and I each got about 2 hours to brief the mastermind group.  Counting dinners, probably a total of 8+ hours discussing BitShares and its applications to their interests.  We were very impressed with everyone we met and came away from the event invigorated and inspired.  But we are far too profoundly humble to describe how inconceivably well our interactions with them went. 

(And yes, that word does mean what I think it means.)  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

I heard a baseball bat crack...but I don't see the ball.  Did Brian hit it out of the park?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline GaltReport

This trip we secured solid marketing partnerships.  I wouldn't expect anything visible for a few months.   

These guys have proven track records and will get us where we need to go.   

Brian's talent is finding the best and I am very impressed with the work these guys have done.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+5% +5% +5%

Offline Riverhead

This trip we secured solid marketing partnerships.  I wouldn't expect anything visible for a few months.   

Brian's talent is finding the best and I am very impressed with the work these guys have done.   

It's great seeing the pictures of you guys in action.  I'm very excited to see where this is all going, and where it'll be in three to five years and beyond.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

+5%
Excellent job.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Kevin Harrington of Shark Tank fame.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Thanks to Empirical for pointing out these photos.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Just saw some of the photos on FB! Looking forward to the updates.

The skills, capital, experience and contacts that a couple of these guys can bring to the table is pretty priceless!

Great work guys!

38PTSWarrior

Welcome Kevin and friends.

Offline Riverhead

So I really really really am not trying to be a dick here, I want to understand what Brian actually does because I don't see it and Director of Marketing seems like it should have obvious, public results.   Where are they?

Understood, it's easy to come off that way in text when there's no inflection. Based on what I've read in posts from Stan and Dan about their St. Martin's trip is that a primary focus is on developing a marketing blitz.  That makes sense given the venue - a person who basically made their fortune marketing the unremarkable.  Not saying this project is unremarkable but if you want good marketing advice find the guy that's selling snow machines to the Inuit :) .

Like you, I'm just another schlub following along.  Hopefully we'll get a good report upon their return and begin to see, and feel, the fruits of the blitz plan.