Author Topic: Bitsapphire taking over forum maintenance and development  (Read 45225 times)

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
please don't forget the most popluar Communication "QQ" and "Weibo" in China
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
How about starting with a humble update for the forum: price ticker for the two upcoming snapshots! :)

http://bitshares.org/industries/domains/
http://bitshares.org/industries/voting/
http://dotp2p.io/

5 days left now, I'm getting kind of pumped!

sidenote: why does dotp2p say 8 days, did DNS change snapshotdate?

Offline bitsapphire

AWESOME :'((they are tears of joy)

First its great that someone is taking on the forum as I am sure it is going to be getting very busy around here.

Lastly I have asked this question to other delegates and I would like to hear your thoughts, How do you feel about single individuals or companies running multiply delegate accounts?The argument I have heard is that there is not enough people that what to be delegates but I and the list of delegates beg to differ.
So do you think centralization through the running of multiple delegate accounts further compounds the problem? Or do you believe that with only 101 positions that the running of multiple accounts does nothing to hurt the network?

Thanks!

There are pros and cons. Right now there really are not enough individuals with enough technical knowledge to become delegates. Looking at the delegate list right now you can see that there are several individuals with several delegates in the game (don't forget to vote for us!  :)).

In the future I believe that we will see 1 delegate = 1 person/entity, not because that is what share holders vote for but because delegates will become specialized and offer delegate services for multiple DACs at once. We also see that DPOS most likely will become key to shosing Open Transactions federation servers which don't collude with one another and Codius Oracles. We're writing a short blogpost on these topics right now. Once that happens delegates will be data center owners rather than normal geeks :)

A much bigger fear of ours is that due to some game theoretical models, share/capital accumulation will happen over time, and hence certain people/entities will decide on the fate of the DAC(s) ever more. Without some inbuilt anti-accumulation feature this is a serious long term problem, maybe just as problematic as mining today.

However, because we have the BItshares Toolkit anybody can soon build any kind of DACs. We will see a thousand DACs bloom, all with new and improved features.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
nice ... finally a whole team for the board .. +5%

does switching to Discourse mean I loose me sweets stats and my userid(120)?

--- just kidding .. do not really care

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Great  +5%

@Taulant: FYI the
Code: [Select]
btsx:delegate/approve links doesn't working here on forum if we not integrate it!
Can use daslab.io/scheme/btsx/command

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
(Please be delicate with transitioning the forum to a different forum software...)

absolutely agreed
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Great  +5%

@Taulant: FYI the
Code: [Select]
btsx:delegate/approve links doesn't working here on forum if we not integrate it!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

First its great that someone is taking on the forum as I am sure it is going to be getting very busy around here.

If discourse is the same software GAW miners switched too  I have used it and I am not a big fan. I may be alone in these thoughts but anyone who is more used to a traditional BB experience it will take some adjusting.  Like I said though I think it is great that you are going to try to organize the mess around here because we really need it if we are going to be taken seriously.

Lastly I have asked this question to other delegates and I would like to hear your thoughts, How do you feel about single individuals or companies running multiply delegate accounts?The argument I have heard is that there is not enough people that what to be delegates but I and the list of delegates beg to differ.
So do you think centralization through the running of multiple delegate accounts further compounds the problem? Or do you believe that with only 101 positions that the running of multiple accounts does nothing to hurt the network?

I have thought of this. At the moment I think it can be understandable but in the future I think one single entity shouldn't run more than 1 delegate, or at least I think that would be the ideal.. I dont know if this has any cons though, like changing delegates in a short period of time if they dont do their job right for example.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
OMG this is amazing.

DPOS power..

speechless.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

If discourse is the same software GAW miners switched too  I have used it and I am not a big fan. I may be alone in these thoughts but anyone who is more used to a traditional BB experience it will take some adjusting.  Like I said though I think it is great that you are going to try to organize the mess around here because we really need it if we are going to be taken seriously.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I've seen a Monero forum use that same platform. Many users disliked it since they're used to this type so I think you should expect some reaction by some people. But i've tried it and personally, I like it
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitsapphire

+5%

I support these guys 100%.

(Please be delicate with transitioning the forum to a different forum software...)

Thanks toast! :D

We won't touch the forum software any time soon. We believe that once the BitsharesX wallet UX/UI is ready we will see mass adoption, so we need to get the forum ready for such mass adoption ahead of time.

If need be we will even build a Discourse Android app.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline bitsapphire

Dartmouth ???

state/country.... or  country

Kosovo? USA?

Thanks for asking tonyk!

Bitsapphire started at the Dartmouth Entepreneurial Network (DEN) in New Hampshire last winter. Two of us lived in the US for some time and had the chance to take part in the DEN experience. Since then we moved to the republic of Kosovo where the rest of the team is located.

Offline soniq

• View Profile
Good news indeed!!  onward and upward
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq