Author Topic: Any latest information?  (Read 33155 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Given that they are going outside to get funding, it really only makes sense that PTS/AGS is diluted.
I speak for myself and only myself.

chryspano

Think of it this way.
Would you rather have 20% of a crapcoin or 10% of a billion dollar DAC?

In order for this to be a serious project we have to pay for QUALITY developers, expert legal counsel and of course, marketing. The Pre-Sale is what opens up the gates to the big boy world.

Sure we can just launch a DAC with NONE of that and give it all to you, here you go, take 90% of the worthless fork!

I guarantee you that with the funds amassed by the pre-sale, we will be in a position to launch a blockchain that actually has value.

So the options are not 10% of gold or 20% of gold. where we decided to give as little as possible.
The real world options are:
Do we give 20% of a valueless, plain ol altcoin or do we use 10% to make the final 10% into gold?

These are the real world options, take your pic.

Does this make sense?

+5% +5% +5%

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
I hear you and agree that it's critical to have a successful fundraising.

But something to consider is whether allocating 10% only to PTS/AGS would really maximize the pre-sale. I think the people most likely to participate as donors/investors and to drum up support for the fundraising are the PTS and AGS holders themselves. These early donors/investors are the ones who best understand the potential of this music DAC, who are familiar with the BitShares approach, and who are proven donors.

In my view, going from an earlier stated 25% to 10% could piss off some PTS and AGS holders and maybe lead to lower funding than you could get by keeping them reasonably happy. For example, 15% for each would be far better than 10% (50% higher amount), but it  would only reduce the rest of the allocation from 80% to 70%. Is that extra 10% really going to make a big difference for the pre-sale? I can see how losing the goodwill of PTS, AGS holders could easly cost more than 10% of fundraising.

+5%

Offline pendragon3

Think of it this way.

In order for this to be a serious project we have to pay for QUALITY developers, expert legal counsel and of course, marketing. The Pre-Sale is what opens up the gates to the big boy world.

Sure we can just launch a DAC with NONE of that and give it all to you, here you go, take 90% of the worthless fork!

I guarantee you that with the funds amassed by the pre-sale, we will be in a position to launch a blockchain that actually has value.

So the options are not 10% of gold or 20% of gold. where we decided to give as little as possible.
Do we give 20% of a valueless, plain ol altcoin or do we use 10% to make the final 10% into gold?

Does this make sense?

I hear you and agree that it's critical to have a successful fundraising.

But something to consider is whether allocating 10% only to PTS/AGS would really maximize the pre-sale. I think the people most likely to participate as donors/investors and to drum up support for the fundraising are the PTS and AGS holders themselves. These early donors/investors are the ones who best understand the potential of this music DAC, who are familiar with the BitShares approach, and who are proven donors.

In my view, going from an earlier stated 25% to 10% could piss off some PTS and AGS holders and maybe lead to lower funding than you could get by keeping them reasonably happy. For example, 15% for each would be far better than 10% (50% higher amount), but it  would only reduce the rest of the allocation from 80% to 70%. Is that extra 10% really going to make a big difference for the pre-sale? I can see how losing the goodwill of PTS, AGS holders could easly cost more than 10% of fundraising.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Think of it this way.

Does this make sense?

Yup a lot of sense in there !!!! +1

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Think of it this way.

If your numbers are right it's better to give us 5%
for a trillion dollar DAC...   :o
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:14:08 pm by liondani »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Think of it this way.

Does this make sense?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:34:31 pm by cob »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
10% for AGS and PTS respects the social contract so it is good, for everybody.

It "respects" it but why should anybody give everytime the minimum he can?

Hope it ends with a greater % ...
I realy hope cob don't use his smartphone
before tipping his Server at a Restaurant...  :P

PS but if he did, here is a great site: http://www.wikihow.com/Tip-Your-Server-at-a-Restaurant
+5%

Offline pendragon3

Any chance you guys will reconsider the allocation to PTS and AGS to be 15% or 20%? Please? I think 10% wouldn't really be fair and will disappoint a lot of people. Many people donated and invested thinking that Bitshares Music would be one of the most important core Invictus DACs, like Bitsharss DNS which is giving at least 20% to each, probably significantly more depending on dilution.
... once again ... invictus simply does not have a product besides the toolkit ... they do not have a 'core DAC' ... DACs are launched by independent startups

But a few DACs are "core" in the sense that since virtually the beginning they were touted prominently and featured by 3I in newsletters to donors, videos, and such.

These four or five DACs were the initial selling point for AGS and PTS ones that got foundational design help and publicity from devs and the community. I don't think they are in the same category as a newer third-party DAC that simply borrows the BitShares toolkit software.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
The presented distribution is the minimum, and I believe it will not satisfy most of AGS/PTS holders, as we're used to higher rewards. But I do understand though that if the launch of the new DAC requires a lot of fresh money, a pre-sale is required and if most of the coins are already promised to AGS/PTS holders, it will hinder the capacity of the DAC to fund itself for the startup.

Is 10%/10% really the maximum/optimal cob can spare for AGS/PTS holder? Only he can answer that.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Any chance you guys will reconsider the allocation to PTS and AGS to be 15% or 20%? Please? I think 10% wouldn't really be fair and will disappoint a lot of people. Many people donated and invested thinking that Bitshares Music would be one of the most important core Invictus DACs, like Bitsharss DNS which is giving at least 20% to each, probably significantly more depending on dilution.
... once again ... invictus simply does not have a product besides the toolkit ... they do not have a 'core DAC' ... DACs are launched by independent startups

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

It "respects" it but why should anybody give everytime the minimum he can?

Hope it ends with a greater % ...
I realy hope cob don't use his smartphone
before tipping his Server at a Restaurant...  :P

PS but if he did, here is a great site: http://www.wikihow.com/Tip-Your-Server-at-a-Restaurant

Offline pendragon3

Yes the plan changed. About 10 times. Each time coming out better with even more potential.

Zenith coin has nothing to do with this project.

We are only going to be accepting Bitcoin for the Pre-sale for now. Simple and straight forward AGS style method with a touch of Ethereum's way.

Hi cob

Offline oco101

• View Profile
We are!

The name will be announced in a few days.

With the landing page where you can get all the info you can read ^^

Also the white paper yes!

There is going to be a Pre-Sale announced soon too. For those that want to throw some BTC our way for dev funding and attorney fees.

10% of the DAC will still go to PTS holders of course. 10% to AGS too. Some is used to fund the project and establish partnerships, etc. And the rest is being distributed through the pre-sale. News coming soon! Within a week guys. Bear with us just another couple of days haha

Plan changed?

Eddie and cob announced their groundbreaking entry into the Bitshares Music family in New York today

We will have video of their presentation for you in a day or three.

He split his shares with Bitshares  50/50 which gets you

25% PTS
25% AGS

The other half honors the coin he had planned to use before meeting us in Texas - Zenithcoin

Hopefully cob meant at least 10% for AGS and PTS. Otherwise that's not good for initial donors and stakeholders  :(