Author Topic: When will the next BTSX pump and dump happen?  (Read 6341 times)

Offline Maximus0352

• View Profile
Same thing happened to me. Total supply over 2 billion, the price has been flat since launch, the Chinese over night pump the crap out of it and dump it like a sack of potatoes. I bought at the highest price too I got screwed!

Made the mistake of buying on the upswing, need to sell some off at higher price.

If you believe the price will go up again then maybe you should short BitUSD?

I have a terrible understanding of how shorting works in the of case BitUSD. Are there any online resources that will teach me how to short sale BitUSD or any crypto currency for that matter? 

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I bought a ton of Bitcoin at $11 around May 2011, and it subsequently dropped to $2. Was I screwed?  :D :D :D

merockstar

This is bound to happen the instant I buy some bitUSD.

Or if something unexpected happens and I have to cash out some crypto.

It's practically a guarantee.

So when circumstances align themselves such that a price hike would fuck me, I'll post here so you guys will all know that the price is about to get pumped.

You're welcome.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
If I own bitUSD and the price goes down of BTSX and I want to offload it (bitUSD), is their an advantage of shorting over selling?

I can't think of an advantage of shorting over selling. You're net 0 on bitUSD in either case, and if you have a short position, you tie up BTSX as collateral and run the risk of a margin call.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

there is a big advantage with shorting if you don't have bitUSD to sell  :P

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
If I own bitUSD and the price goes down of BTSX and I want to offload it (bitUSD), is their an advantage of shorting over selling?

I can't think of an advantage of shorting over selling. You're net 0 on bitUSD in either case, and if you have a short position, you tie up BTSX as collateral and run the risk of a margin call.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I see the good ol' HoDL advice

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
3) I sell BitUSD for less than the price I purchased it.

?

Pretty sure he means denominated in bitusd.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:50:10 pm by cygnify »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Same thing happened to me. Total supply over 2 billion, the price has been flat since launch, the Chinese over night pump the crap out of it and dump it like a sack of potatoes. I bought at the highest price too I got screwed!

Made the mistake of buying on the upswing, need to sell some off at higher price.

If you believe the price will go up again then maybe you should short BitUSD?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Here is how I'm earning money from within Bitshares X.

1) When the price dips I short BitUSD.
2) When the price rises I buy BitUSD.
3) I sell BitUSD for less than the price I purchased it.

So people who are pumping and then dumping into USD simply don't know how to use Bitshares X market functionality. Most of us are just discovering how to control the peg.

It's best you do all your speculating from within Bitshares X because it's better for the peg and for your profits.

Tuck Fheman

I bought low and missed out on the chance to sell at the peak and increase my position on the dip...hindsight is always 20/20. Happy being a long-term hodler though, what with Bitshares' future and all.  :D

Same here. I saw it coming, but my deposit to Bter took too long. I thought it went through, then later found out the captcha timed out or something.

So BTFD!

Offline GaltReport

You need to trust in the idea of bitassets and how they are valuable to the crypto currency community, which will thus make the price eventually rise above what it was a couple days ago. It also annoyed me that you yourself are seemingly trying to pump and dump BTSX... ...

+5% Good call.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I bought low and missed out on the chance to sell at the peak and increase my position on the dip...hindsight is always 20/20. Happy being a long-term hodler though, what with Bitshares' future and all.  :D

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I understand you guys are probably upset about buying at a higher price than it is now, but I wouldn't worry about it. Just hold onto your BTSX and don't sell at a loss. I am confident when I say BTSX will be worth much more than it was a day or so ago at some point in the future.

My answer to the title of your OP was obviously a joke, because it was kind of a stupid question (sorry but truth.) No one knows what the market is going to do at any certain time. No one knows if it will go down more, if it will go back up, or if it will stay about the same for a while.

You need to trust in the idea of bitassets and how they are valuable to the crypto currency community, which will thus make the price eventually rise above what it was a couple days ago. It also annoyed me that you yourself are seemingly trying to pump and dump BTSX... You basically said "when will price go back up so I can dump". That is slightly annoying to me that you'd be annoyed with people for doing the same thing you are trying to do to other people.

If you can't see the value in bitassets, you are going to be missing out on a large profit sometime in the future (how long is anyone's guess).
+1