Author Topic: 0.4.10 Testers Wanted  (Read 12763 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Re: 0.4.10 Testers Wanted
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2014, 02:26:05 pm »
My client is hung up on syncing the blockchain. I'm stuck on block 8387. Any solution to this problem?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 02:30:34 pm by MeTHoDx »

Offline sky

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2014, 02:51:00 pm »
ver 0.4.10

I created my 1st account last week - and today I created 2 further accounts in the same client, and registered those.
Made 2 transfers from the 1st account to both new accounts.
After several restarts of the client the balances of both new accounts still shows 0 BTSX.
The balance of 1st account correctly shows the balance after I transferred out of it.

I see this:
Transaction scanning progress is -100%
in the lower lefthand corner (in the green bar) Blocks are fully sync'ed
and:
Updating transaction history...
in the Recent Transactions

What could be wrong?

Offline sky

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2014, 02:53:44 pm »
alright I have managed to register 2 accounts as delegates from my client - they now show as Standby.

The strange thing though is that the payrate for both accounts is not the number (between 1 and 100) I entered when registering?
Both numbers came up other than my entered number. And also I had to use both the console commands and the gui feature in order for it to succeed.

I used the commands from this:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/DPOS-Registering-Names-And-Delegates
and this:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS#How_to_become_a_delegate
which is somewhat confusing - because there is no clear instruction of the exact command to enter. Those 2 links shows slightly different command entries in order to register as a delegate.

Now I am in the unknown - waiting for eventual inclusion in the delegates list - or if I still need to input something in order to be an active delegate. I have no clue how to check if I am indeed active?

iHashFury

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2014, 03:05:27 pm »
How long should 4.10 take to sync?   

I am running OSX 10.9.4    I've been stuck at - last block sync 4 days 7 hours for the last 3 hours now.  I am showing only between 3 and 6 network connections and intermittent loss of connection about every 30 sec.   BitsharesX version 4.9 worked perfectly.

Thanks

Try this comand in console mode

Code: [Select]
network_add_node "188.226.195.137:60696" add

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2014, 03:11:44 pm »
ver 0.4.10

I created my 1st account last week - and today I created 2 further accounts in the same client, and registered those.
Made 2 transfers from the 1st account to both new accounts.
After several restarts of the client the balances of both new accounts still shows 0 BTSX.
The balance of 1st account correctly shows the balance after I transferred out of it.

I see this:
Transaction scanning progress is -100%
in the lower lefthand corner (in the green bar) Blocks are fully sync'ed
and:
Updating transaction history...
in the Recent Transactions

What could be wrong?

Have you tried issues a rescan from the console screen? It seems like you have a full copy of the blockchain but it hasn't been successfully transaction scanned yet.

Offline James212

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2014, 03:25:24 pm »

I am running OSX 10.9.4    I've been stuck at - last block sync 4 days 7 hours for the last 3 hours now.  I am showing only between 3 and 6 network connections and intermittent loss of connection about every 30 sec.   BitsharesX version 4.9 worked perfectly.

Thanks

Thanks.  What I did was to force quit out of the app, relaunch and choose the "Reset Database" option from the popup error message.   So now it is re-syncing the entire database but seems to be working correctly...( 30min syncing and im about 1/2 way through).   
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2014, 03:45:18 pm »

Thanks

Thanks.  What I did was to force quit out of the app, relaunch and choose the "Reset Database" option from the popup error message.   So now it is re-syncing the entire database but seems to be working correctly...( 30min syncing and im about 1/2 way through).   

Bingo! This worked. For anyone using OSX, open activity monitor and force quit the bitsharesx app. You'll get the "reset database" prompt that way. Is there a console command for resetting the database?

Offline davidpbrown

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2014, 03:47:44 pm »
Linux Mint 17, 0.5GB RAM gives Segmentation faults.

My attempt was compiled just prior to the 0.4.10 being tagged but after this thread was a few pages deep, so I'm expecting it was the same code.

Initially from clean start, the qt-wallet fails. Wondering if the experience of normal user and delegate is different I tried looking to run the client only and then saw that stop; all that then seemed to allow the qt-wallet to open ok. After 10-15mins another Segmentation fault while downloading the blockchain.

<snip />

It's working!  :D

So, I thought I'd go back and try Chain Server again and after a few hours of grinding the hard drive it started scanning transactions and half hour later I'm fully synced all transactions look correct and block chain is staying up to date. The process of getting there was not nice.. in the sense of it demanding all resources but it got there.. so use Chain Server as per https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/Using-Chain-Servers#using-a-chain-server-to-sync-with-bitshares-x to fix Linux Mint and I expect also Ubuntu. Still a lot of glitches to fix but at least it's possible.

Glitches include reports in the terminal
QPainter::end: Painter ended with 2 saved states
which I saw in previous versions too.

and on receipt of asset notification, on moving the mouse to acknowledge and close that, I got a stream of
QApplication: Object event filter cannot be in a different thread.

8)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:49:20 pm by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline James212

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2014, 04:26:20 pm »

Thanks

Bingo! This worked. For anyone using OSX, open activity monitor and force quit the bitsharesx app. You'll get the "reset database" prompt that way. Is there a console command for resetting the database?

I noticed after the app is synced that the "from" TITAN  (word/icon) address is missing.  I was able to resent this instantly by importing my .JSON file backup. 
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2014, 04:30:23 pm »
don't waste our time releasing half baked quick fixs, just go and take a month time to fix all the bugs(GUI included) imaginable and throughly test in on testnet on all machines and OSs.

Offline sky

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2014, 04:34:24 pm »
@Riverhead
yes I did try a rescan - but didn't look like it did much - a few sec and it was fully sync'ed

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2014, 04:34:58 pm »
don't waste our time releasing half baked quick fixs, just go and take a month time to fix all the bugs(GUI included) imaginable and throughly test in on testnet on all machines and OSs.

You know, I used to think like that, but here is the thing - it is all open source if you REALLY disagree with how they do stuff, fork it and make your own. :)

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2014, 04:45:29 pm »

You know, I used to think like that, but here is the thing - it is all open source if you REALLY disagree with how they do stuff, fork it and make your own. :)

I don't have the time right now, I think the software designer of this project is the weak link here, should be replaced:(

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2014, 04:55:06 pm »

I don't have the time right now, I think the software designer of this project is the weak link here, should be replaced:(
Testing beta software isn't for everyone. Come back when we're on 1.x version and you should be happier. I don't think closing the public beta or asking for the head of Bytemaster is the quickest path to success. In fact just the opposite.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2014, 04:56:11 pm »

@yiminh your opinion is sufficiently expressed and heard - now take a month or two and come back after that. Or don't.
I for one, find the improvement from 0.4.9 to 0.4.10 amazing. To tell you the truth actually unbelievable. Did you guys actually switch to some new database? Or you did it in 0.4.9 and just fixed some first implementation screw-ups?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.