Author Topic: When will we achieve next order of magnitude increase?  (Read 21248 times)

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile
What do you think the peak will be?

It is possible I'm wrong but I've just seen it so many times before that I do believe it's a bubble.

Pure guess, 85 to 90 million.  Odds are it'll be a little bit lower than the first peak.

I do agree that a couple years from now another order of magnitude or two seems likely.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:46:10 am by hughmanwho »

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Look at how much more Nxt is capable of and it has a larger community, point being, BTSX is currently overvalued. 

That sounds like a very profound analyses ......... ohh wait NXT is much more capable because of this brilliant new idea called CoinoUSD ? .. yup that proves how much more capable is you right. Larger community?  now that is based on what exactly ?  How big Bitshare X community is do you know ? How big NXT community is ?? 

I thinks both Bitshare and NXT are working in the same space and have different approaches witch is good for all crypto in general, the technologies differences have been discussed at length many time over.  Sorry but your arguments are not convincing. We'll see and yes the price will go up and down but you know what ? That's good because with every up and down movement, there's money to be made trading inside the BitshareX, more trading the better the peg will work . But there is a danger that the price will not swing as much as you think it would ... but you right who knows. One think is for sure, in the long run the only way is up here we both agree :)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
When Bitshares is $1 billion market cap.  Everyone will begin to know its power and then boom $20 billion marketcap.

That seems like a stretch.. but true or not, short term BTSX isn't there yet.  Look at how much more Nxt is capable of and it has a larger community, point being, BTSX is currently overvalued.  That's not to say long term it's not a great investment but in a month or two it'll be a better one.  I've about to sell what little I bought about a week ago, maybe I'll sell tomorrow or the next day, anticipating this second peak and plan to buy back in a month or two.

I'm not trying to manipulate prices this is just how I see it and in a few weeks, odds are I'll be proven right. It's a lot easier to see if you aren't emotionally attached to the coin the way that most people in this forum are, I'm still very much newly interested in BTSX.

Hey ****who, go sell some BTSX, cause while posting your curve got in significant trouble...
The ask is at 0.00009898...

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Note I stated that it would take a couple more days.. and I might be wrong it might be another week or two of up, no way to know.

Hmmm...nah still bullish bitshares. The name alone is 1000x better than nxt.  Same with "CoinoUSD". The terrible branding alone will be nxt's downfall. And there's nothing to indicate the current prices are a bubble; I see nothing but excitement to invest in the next big thing. And what a BIG thing Bitshares is...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:37:23 am by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline Maximus0352

• View Profile
Keep in mind that BTSX will crash first before going back up again.. just warning you this is the 'return to normal' found in any bubble.

BTSX has some great technology but it simply hasn't had as much time to acquire as many users, and trust me it'll crash soon.  I'd give it one or two days before we hit the second peak.  I'd recommend you sell some soon if you are in it for the money, then buy back in a month or so.  Don't say I didn't warn you!

What do you think the peak will be?

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile
When Bitshares is $1 billion market cap.  Everyone will begin to know its power and then boom $20 billion marketcap.

That seems like a stretch.. but true or not, short term BTSX isn't there yet.  Look at how much more Nxt is capable of and it has a larger community, point being, BTSX is currently overvalued.  That's not to say long term it's not a great investment but in a month or two it'll be a better one.  I've about to sell what little I bought about a week ago, maybe I'll sell tomorrow or the next day, anticipating this second peak and plan to buy back in a month or two.

I'm not trying to manipulate prices this is just how I see it and in a few weeks, odds are I'll be proven right. It's a lot easier to see if you aren't emotionally attached to the coin the way that most people in this forum are, I'm still very much newly interested in BTSX.

Hey ****who, go sell some BTSX, cause while posting your curve got in significant trouble...

Note I stated that it would take a couple more days.. and I might be wrong it might be another week or two of up, no way to know.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Keep in mind that BTSX will crash first before going back up again.. just warning you this is the 'return to normal' found in any bubble.

BTSX has some great technology but it simply hasn't had as much time to acquire as many users, and trust me it'll crash soon.  I'd give it one or two days before we hit the second peak.  I'd recommend you sell some soon if you are in it for the money, then buy back in a month or so.  Don't say I didn't warn you!

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Media attention: Coinmarketcap.com which every single person interested in Crypto follows.  Price starts going up and people rush in to see why and get in before it's too late.   Then they spend all the money they are willing to spend and prices crashes soon after because buying support is gone, selling support is increased because price is increased and people are trying to lock in profits. It has happened to countless other cryptos.

BitYield?

No I don't think crypto-currency is a bubble.. I think it was.. look at Bitcoin and a few others that all spiked at some point and I think that BTSX is in one currently.

And keep in mind that most people who buy crypto don't follow every in and out, and most probably know that BTSX has instant transactions and maybe that BitUSD exists.. but even there, I went to a alt coin conference and nobody could figure out why BTSX's price was rising so quickly, people just don't have time to follow every little improvement or problem with a coin.

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile
Media attention: Coinmarketcap.com which every single person interested in Crypto follows.  Price starts going up and people rush in to see why and get in before it's too late.   Then they spend all the money they are willing to spend and prices crashes soon after because buying support is gone, selling support is increased because price is increased and people are trying to lock in profits. It has happened to countless other cryptos.

BitYield?

No I don't think crypto-currency is a bubble.. I think it was.. look at Bitcoin and a few others that all spiked at some point and I think that BTSX is in one currently.

And keep in mind that most people who buy crypto don't follow every in and out, and most probably know that BTSX has instant transactions and maybe that BitUSD exists.. but even there, I went to a alt coin conference and nobody could figure out why BTSX's price was rising so quickly, people just don't have time to follow every little improvement or problem with a coin.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:35:38 am by hughmanwho »

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

To even think you're in a mania phase you need to have 'media attention' if you can point out all the media attention we've had that would be great...

Only some smart money in, still early days, certainly no real institutional investors and the general public haven't really heard about BTSX.

The price is rising in anticipation of the impact of BitYield on Wednesday, if it's all goes well and it looks like people would be able to earn some good yield on their BitAssets then I expect the price to rise even further.

Do you think crypto-currency is a bubble? I think there is a long term growing demand for the advantages crypto-currency offers. I think a decentralised stable BTSX system that offers BitAssets with yield is superior to Bitcoin, so while I expect it to be a rollercoaster it's a roller-coaster going up.

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

"The moment between the striking and the fire.." (From the song Jungle Drums by Emiliana Torrini). Do you know some songs of her Fuzz?

no not familiar :P
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

38PTSWarrior

"The moment between the striking and the fire.." (From the song Jungle Drums by Emiliana Torrini). Do you know some songs of her Fuzz?

Offline fuzzy

Let's look at this from a slightly different angle.  Once we have the proper content creation systems (self sustained), delegates that are secure and scalable, and the technology is completely debugged, we can essentially roll out the next stage.  I think that every DAC that comes online and somehow connects with the DPOS based tx system, we are literally going to not need other exchanges because btsx and bitAssets will all be able to be accepted on the back end based on a % of total investments (probably something like .00001% for a soft drink for everyday people) while users will only see it coming out in the prime token(s) of the entire system--btsx and pts.  In exchanges that clone themselves from bitsharesx, we will see the same strong trading pairs with slightly different twists on the backend. 

We have people's attention now though...so you can see already that people from other places have made there way here.  Brilliant people who are just now starting to really look into what this bitshares universe is really all about.  Lets not forget that a lot of initial FUD pushed people away from this.  Notice how many people asking basic questions about heir pts/ags investments now?  Well many of them are very capable and haven't reached that "oh shit" moment when they realize that we are all together the ones who are going to build an industry that saves the world from the financial brink.  This is Galt's Gulch.  And they are going to have to engineer many of the new tools we will need to build our section of the universe.  We've seen nothing yet.  Nothing...

The Raw Power of the 80's is about to ignite:

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Its not just what the marketing team can do for you, its what you can do for the marketing team (or bitshares). :D

+5%  +5%  +5%

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile

I believe we could overcome bitcoins in 6 - 12 months.

I see you are very confident in the marketing team. I'm still not sure if they can get this much trading volume. But I would love to be wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not just what the marketing team can do for you, its what you can do for the marketing team (or bitshares). :D

Furthermore, if you have good ideas, which you may (we all have good ideas inside of us), then go to the Marketing Forum and/or Press forum.

Yes I did do that but I never get straight answers to my questions and suggestions so I don't feel they really listen. That's the main reason I lost confidence in them and I don't think this thing will take off without them and the ags funds.. but hey as I said I love to be proven wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk