Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251473 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
In the command line wallet, how can I see which delegates I have already "approved" (or disapproved)?

Nobody?

Here's another one: using the CLI client I have created 3 wallets with one account each. When I shut down the CLI and start the GUI client (which now uses the same data directory it seems), it asks for a password to create a new wallet. But I don't want to create a new wallet, I want to use the existing wallets. How?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Stupid question be prepared....

When coinmarket cap says that bitusd market cap is $563k , this means that $563k bitusd are currently in existence correct?

Would it make sense to have a graph that tracks the market cap of bitusd vs, the market cap of BTSX so we can see how the spread is developed between the two? Can someone create something like that?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Since China was mentioned I think it's the Great FireWall aka chinese government censorship.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
GFW what it means?  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9251.msg119916#msg119916

It sure is not one first 2 results in Google:

Global Force Wrestling

almost sure it is not:
Games for Windows
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hey thats weird, I've had my short bitUSD order open for days at 34BTSX/USD.. price went above 34BTSX/USD, shown by the chart in the market but my order is still there untouched.. collateral issue? No collateral showing in my open order.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Riverhead

MeTHoDx to answer your OP question I was thinking about an x140e.

1) Fits in your price bracket
2) It's ugly but when the dust settles it'll be cockroaches and this laptop left standing.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/x-series/x140e/

Offline Riverhead

Too many nested quotes :P

There are a couple things you can do to accomplish what MeTHoDx wants with a VM.

1) When installing select, "Encrypted Partition" in the install menu so that the entire VM won't boot without a passphrase

2) When you have the VM setup in stock form - just a fresh install with maybe some updates, shutdown and take a snapshot

3) Boot up the VM and move forward with installing/compiling the client. Restore your .json backup and make sure all is well.

4) Shutdown, take another snapshot, export the entire VM (believe VirtualBox refers to it as an Appliance) and put it on an external drive or something. I'll be huge.

5) Fire up the VM whenever you want to use the client.

If your system is stolen no one will be able to boot the VM without the pass phrase and your wallet is then again encrypted in that VM. Pretty safe. If you get a new computer just install VirtualBox on that machine and import the image you made in step 4.

If you decide to go this route I can guide you through it in PM's.

merockstar

What is your primary pc? I run Xubuntu in a VM on my work laptop and it runs great.

MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

I tried doing the dual boot thing and it didn't go so smooth. Apple don't like that kinda stuff. >:(

but virtualization isn't the same as dual booting. You could have an instance of ubuntu running inside your main operating system and it would, for all intents and purposes have the same effect as you're aiming for by getting a new laptop (although I haven't read the whole thread).

https://www.virtualbox.org/

it'd be like having a little linux computer on demand that you could use exclusively for crypto. only instead of being an entirely new computer, you just borrow some resources from your computer to create what looks to the operating system as an entirely new computer.

This sounds like a great idea merockstar!

Do becareful with Virtual Machine though. When it fails, it may corrupt the virtual image (ie the virtual machine will never be able to boot again). You will need to backup the virtual machine image.

just backing up the wallet wouldn't work?

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
What is your primary pc? I run Xubuntu in a VM on my work laptop and it runs great.

I tried doing the dual boot thing and it didn't go so smooth. Apple don't like that kinda stuff. >:(

but virtualization isn't the same as dual booting. You could have an instance of ubuntu running inside your main operating system and it would, for all intents and purposes have the same effect as you're aiming for by getting a new laptop (although I haven't read the whole thread).

it'd be like having a little linux computer on demand that you could use exclusively for crypto. only instead of being an entirely new computer, you just borrow some resources from your computer to create what looks to the operating system as an entirely new computer.

Do becareful with Virtual Machine though. When it fails, it may corrupt the virtual image (ie the virtual machine will never be able to boot again). You will need to backup the virtual machine image.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

merockstar

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:16:36 am by merockstar »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline Riverhead

Offline Riverhead