Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 253246 times)

zerosum

I am new here. So I just read probably 10% of the content in this forum. And this is a lot, believe me!

So, I unsuccessfully tried to find the thread(s) where a discussion took place something similar to - "bitUSD is actually additional money, which will lead to or even already is inflation, bla-bla-bla'

I do not think that is correct - for every 1 bitUSD holder there is a short position holder effectively having - 1 bitUSD. So the premise is wrong. End of story.

So, the question is - what was the arguments of the other side claiming there are actually somehow new $ in circulation?

PS
Ironically enough bitUSD is a zero sum game.

zerosum
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:08:10 pm by zerosum »

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
If you were interested in upcoming bitshares DACS that honor the PTS/AGS
snapshot social consensus .. than you should buy pts

if i did buy some PTS/AGS how do I get "my share" of future DACS

is there a publicly (transparent) blockchain-explorer type site where these 10% allocations are viewable?

I see the point of new dacs "giving" to PTS/AGS holders, but how do they "give" is there a nice site to browse previous allocations like that?

I found this awesome site:http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/

I was thinking of something like this, with PTS/AGS allocation history added... anyhow, I thought I would post this, incase someone else stumbles here

Very nice way of quoting yourself, happybit! I should learn this style myself.

I just added the answer to my own question... isn't this a good way of doing it?

zerosum

is there a publicly (transparent) blockchain-explorer type site where these 10% allocations are viewable?

I see the point of new dacs "giving" to PTS/AGS holders, but how do they "give" is there a nice site to browse previous allocations like that?

I found this awesome site:http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/

I was thinking of something like this, with PTS/AGS allocation history added... anyhow, I thought I would post this, incase someone else stumbles here

Very nice way of quoting yourself, happybit! I should learn this style myself.

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

I found this awesome site: http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

They add the addresses of people who donated to AGS/are holding PTS to the genesis block of the new DAC. Then you download the DAC, and you use your private key to prove it is you who donated/was holding PTS. Before the DAC comes out the developer usually posts a list of all the addresses and how much they're getting, so you can verify that the amount you're getting makes sense mathematically.

Thanks... I will have to do this a few times, and I will get it.  I was just wondering if there is a site to see this data now.

I'm trying to understand this, so I can better explain to others :)

If I was selecting my, at least 3rd, handle for this forum I would have chosen something more self-describing... like bitFamous_morethanabitBitter...  but it is just me,  all this is below you... but is it really? Such a big empire such a small man on top of it.  :)

I knew you were Famous!!! I was so happy, I had to call myself "Happy"!!!  :-*  ... meet Mrs Happy!

???
Do you have a point or something?
Or just California style - just change the subject to whatever?

Ditto

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

They add the addresses of people who donated to AGS/are holding PTS to the genesis block of the new DAC. Then you download the DAC, and you use your private key to prove it is you who donated/was holding PTS. Before the DAC comes out the developer usually posts a list of all the addresses and how much they're getting, so you can verify that the amount you're getting makes sense mathematically.

Thanks... I will have to do this a few times, and I will get it.  I was just wondering if there is a site to see this data now.

If I was selecting my, at least 3rd, handle for this forum I would have chosen something more self-describing... like bitFamous_morethanabitBitter...  but it is just me,  all this is below you... but is it really? Such a big empire such a small man on top of it.  :)

I knew you were Famous!!! I was so happy, I had to call myself "Happy"!!!  :-*  ... meet Mrs Happy!

???
Do you have a point or something?
Or just California style - just change the subject to whatever?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile
on the theme of my earlier "stupid question" about poor Dan being STOPPED PERMANENTLY   :'(

What would happen if the US Gov't "Shremed" the whole team in the USA?  (Shremed = Jailed, blocked, detained)

What percent of "all core/lead developers"  NOT residing in the USA?   :)

PS: I haven't found the site/video where Dan discusses this, could someone please share the link, thanks.  :)

... And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the DAC passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, ...

ughhh... okay... so is there a real answer there somewhere?  I have no idea, is there like thousands of programmers working on this around the world that I just don't know about?

I guess the thread can be renamed: Stupid Questions... funny/weird answers thread!  :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
on the theme of my earlier "stupid question" about poor Dan being STOPPED PERMANENTLY   :'(

What would happen if the US Gov't "Shremed" the whole team in the USA?  (Shremed = Jailed, blocked, detained)

PS: I haven't found the site/video where Dan discusses this, could someone please share the link, thanks.  :)

... And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the DAC passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, ...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

merockstar

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
How many BTSx's should I buy if I have about 100 bitcoins now?
That's an investment decision you should answer yourself .. if you as in NXT
they will tell you buy NXT worth 100 BTC .. if you ask in counter party they
will tell you the same with XCP ..
Asking here could result in the same .. but I am NOT giving that advice ..

In fact I NEVER give an investment advice ..

Sorry for not answering your question

Is there any point to buying PTS/AGS's also? 
AGS donation period is over .. no chance here

If you are interested in BTSX .. buying PTS does just not make any sense ..

Has anyone done the calculations on maximizing investment/purchase of Bitshares
with potential future scenarios?
Not me .. sorry .. I am 'blindly' following my gut feeling :)