Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251392 times)

Offline 21xhipster

That is really stupid question.
I reinstalled my system. I thought that password from BitsharesX is the only thing that i need to restore wallet. Like in NXT.
Is that right that i've lost my funds and account if i didnt export my wallet before?

You need the private key to restore your wallet.
How it looks like? And there i can find it if i will be happy enough and restore partition?
https://cyber.fund/ - Decetnralized Investment Platform

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Get undelete software. It's free a lot of the time and you'll be amazed what it will get back.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Google returned this for the 17 best free file recovery programs http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

... and I was only 95% sure before but it is confirmed... do not use that computer before trying the recovery program.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I have a spreadsheet with API calls out to the exchanges to get live pricing. This allows me to just hit refresh and get the current numbers and discounts vs snapshot. If anyone things this would be useful I'll see if I can make a shareable copy (i.e. one that doesn't have my balances on it :) ).

That would be wildly useful! I would love a copy of that.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I reinstalled my system. I thought that password from BitsharesX is the only thing that i need to restore wallet. Like in NXT.
Is that right that i've lost my funds and account if i didnt export my wallet before?

You need the private key to restore your wallet.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:01:58 pm by oco101 »

Offline Riverhead

Get undelete software. It's free a lot of the time and you'll be amazed what it will get back.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Depending how much funds we are talking about... some services might be able to scrape the data from your hard drive...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline happybit

• Happy Bit!
    • View Profile

This is a GREAT QUESTION!  I would like to know this as well! -- thanks in advance :)

Offline 21xhipster

https://cyber.fund/ - Decetnralized Investment Platform

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Of course it would be useful..

Offline Riverhead

Stupid question:

Which would yield more BTS, selling my PTS for BTSX now, or selling my BTSX for PTS before 11/5? Don't care about the maturity period.

If you don't care about the vesting period PTS is currently selling at an 8% discount and DNS a 2.3% discount.

What this means is that if you sold your BTSX for PTS you'd end up with 8% (minus fees) more BTS post 11/5. This changes all the time though as there are a few moving pieces to get between BTSX and PTS.

I have a spreadsheet with API calls out to the exchanges to get live pricing. This allows me to just hit refresh and get the current numbers and discounts vs snapshot. If anyone things this would be useful I'll see if I can make a shareable copy (i.e. one that doesn't have my balances on it :) ).

Update: PTS now at a 22% discount!

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
No:
I will be releasing v0.0.5 soon.

The network will stop at the last block of November 5th by UTC. I've asked BTER and BTC38 to prepare a snapshot at that time as well.

I will also create a snapshot for the moved stake from before BM's announcement for the "special make DNS holders whole" sharedrop. I'll also make a snapshot of the entire stake at that time in case we ever re-start the effort and need a "DNS believers" snapshot.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Thank you guys. It's not even 2 weeks away and it seems a lot of people are confused. They need to make a post like this clarifying it for everyone.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9482.msg123369#msg123369

Edit: I think the DNS snapshot already happened...

All those who bought at Bter are out of luck? All those who claimed after the announcement and sold are also at a loss?

The gainers are those who claimed earlier and sold immediately after the announcement. They got a good price and some free DNS.

Or have I misunderstood it all completely?

I don't think there are any losers except those with funds on the exchange and US.  Those with funds on an exchange were "traders"... those who bought in the days prior and withdrew to hold are OK... those who bought or sold after the announcement are also OK.

What about all those who bought in immediately after the announcement; all those who had the higher than current price buy orders?

Anyone buying after the announcement was doing so in a market with the information available.  Cannot make all trades profitable. 

You are assuming they were all sitting there with their face glued here waiting for any announcement. There were buy orders which were just set there.

Anyone on an exchange is SOL...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:15:04 pm by Mysto »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Transfer both your DNS and BTSX back to your wallets before the 5th November.
Sell your DNS on BTER and buy BTSX if you want liquidity and transfer them to your BTSX wallet
DNS are not completely worthless. If you keep them on your wallet on the 5th you will get some BTS but will not be active for some time.
At least this is how I understand things..

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
OK found the answer to my DNS question (I got screwed over). But I'm still confused about the remaining BTSX I have. Is there going to be a BTSX snapshot? Or did it already happen and I got screwed on that too?
Also should I just sell my DNS on BTER since it is worthless?

In my understanding, you'll receive BTS for the DNS that's in your wallet on nov-5. IOW: you should withdraw your DNS from the exchanges (or sell them) before nov-5. It may be the case that bter honours that final snapshot and distributes BTS for the DNS in your account, but I haven't seen an official statement confirming this.

What you have already missed is the "fix" offered by bm/i3. All you can hope is that bter honours that fix a posteriori.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de