Author Topic: All Free server trials, credits suitable for mining PTS.  (Read 67636 times)

Offline HCarvalho

• View Profile
Re: All Free server trials, credits suitable for mining PTS.
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 10:28:55 am »
I've never used linux, no idea how it works

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 10:27:37 am »
I'm using windows, so I should create 16 instances with one core one gb of ram each?

Use Linux servers, SSH using putty, command line you can setup the miners way faster, a simple copy-paste.

@Kenof

How much col/min with 16 instances?
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline HCarvalho

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 10:26:28 am »
I'm using windows, so I should create 16 instances with one core one gb of ram each?

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
Re: Free 200$ credit trial, run servers at a hourly rate.
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 10:25:11 am »
I mined with those servers from HP (http://www.hpcloud.com/pricing)
- Standard 2XL ($0.90/hr), got around 110 hpm
- Standard Large ($0.24/hr), got around 240hpm when 4 in parallel
- Standard Small ($0.06/hr), got around 510hpm when 16 in parallel

Funny thing is, every time I decreased server strength by 4 times, pricing decreased 4 times and I put 4 servers more so total chargin price from my trial balance stayed the same

I would be very thankful if I had this information on day 1 of mining, I would now have more PTS mined

and do not just believe....try it yourself

How do you run them in parallell?

Start 16 different servers, start 16 different putty instances to control those servers  :D
Making life easier.

Offline HCarvalho

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 10:22:32 am »

Funny thing is, every time I decreased server strength by 4 times, pricing decreased 4 times and I put 4 servers more so total chargin price from my trial balance stayed the same

I would be very thankful if I had this information on day 1 of mining, I would now have more PTS mined

How do you run them in parallell?

Right now I'm using the Dimension Data free trial, 2 instances of 8 cores with 8 gb RAM each, according to the pricing calculator the credit could last me 8 days, in your oppinion what is the best setup to get the most coll/min? Right now each instance as 100 coll/h
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:25:14 am by HCarvalho »

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 08:59:44 am »
hey guys, I think this thread should include all free trials, free credits...etc. Basically a thread for all free servers that can be mined with.

Anyone find a good trial, Post here or PM with the details and it will be added to the main post so you don't have to go through every post.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline qwep

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 07:30:36 am »
Would you care to elaborate on that? What I don't know is what determines the hash rate, is it the amount of cpu cores and the ram? I chose one with windows 2008, 4xcpu, 6gb ram and I have about 45 hps... And I turned off IE enhanced security and disabled windows update...

In the proof of momentum main hardware limitation is not CPU or GPU speed nor quantity of RAM but speed of bus and memory.

and that the security code requires

though it can be 4 digits long as well
it is impossible to register knocks - Transaction declined.RespCode: 06 - Other Error  :(

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 06:47:23 am »
Would you care to elaborate on that? What I don't know is what determines the hash rate, is it the amount of cpu cores and the ram? I chose one with windows 2008, 4xcpu, 6gb ram and I have about 45 hps... And I turned off IE enhanced security and disabled windows update...

In the proof of momentum main hardware limitation is not CPU or GPU speed nor quantity of RAM but speed of bus and memory.

though it can be 4 digits long as well
Making life easier.

Offline qwep

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2013, 06:43:38 am »

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 05:20:09 am »

Making life easier.

Offline theSeanster

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 10:43:16 pm »
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:47:20 pm by theSeanster »
Papa's got a brand new bag...

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2013, 10:17:10 pm »
Hey guys instead of creating a new thread I decided to edit this one and remove the expired promotion.

I've found a new trial offer for 200$ from Dimensions Data, they charge a hourly rate on servers.

Not sure but when your close to 200$ limit stop your servers because I think you get charged for anything above 200$ free credit.

Here's the link and details about the promotion:

https://nacloud.dimensiondata.com/limitedoffer/

PS. I'll add other great trials and promotions as I find them.

Offer appears to be running again, because I just subscribed to it... Any tips on how to set up the servers etc.? I'm used to windows... But I have no idea what machine power I should choose... I do not wish to exceed the $200 offer and I am planning to cloud-mine with coyote.

it appears that weakest possible that is not crashing is the best, I lost few days mining on strongest, later I found that 16 servers that are 16 times weaker than strongest have 5 times more hash rate because of proof of momentum
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:50:20 am by Kenof »
Making life easier.

Offline theSeanster

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 09:11:10 pm »
Hey guys instead of creating a new thread I decided to edit this one and remove the expired promotion.

I've found a new trial offer for 200$ from Dimensions Data, they charge a hourly rate on servers.

Not sure but when your close to 200$ limit stop your servers because I think you get charged for anything above 200$ free credit.

Here's the link and details about the promotion:

https://nacloud.dimensiondata.com/limitedoffer/

PS. I'll add other great trials and promotions as I find them.

Offer appears to be running again, because I just subscribed to it... Any tips on how to set up the servers etc.? I'm used to windows... But I have no idea what machine power I should choose... I do not wish to exceed the $200 offer and I am planning to cloud-mine with coyote.
Papa's got a brand new bag...

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
Re: Free VPS: 24 core/8GB RAM for 1$ (1st month)
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2013, 06:37:38 am »
OK, after yesterdays fender bender with HP servers, I can conclude that there is an option that is good,

First I started with 2XL which is priced at 0.9$ per hour and it gave me around 110 hpm, after experimenting with others, best price to ratio gave me this:
Standard Large   8 HP Cloud Compute Units, 4 virtual cores, 8GB RAM, 160GB disk
which costs 0.24$ per hour, I started 4 servers which is 0.96$ per hour, got around 250 hpm total

given that you have 50$ free trial and 0.96$ cost per hour that gives you 52 hours of free mining at 250 hpm which I think is worth using

How does the private key info work? I made a server but its asking for the private key I copied pasted the one in key pairs but it didnt work.

1. you need to open PuttyGen or similar program for SSH generation, in Puttygen you click generate then move your mouse around to generate some random bits,
after generating you name your key like you want and type in key comment, i wrote "test" so my public key looks like this:
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAQEAl+UHqISH9xm/+J2wnE0PSO9llTBShNLgJBqw0DXfoy+48T7g23AYAcD8NZXu0bFJRNQLpLzH2PNmz7qIrvlgtcXKqh1JXCenD4p4chcqwRLrslfzBhCPAxQZbls2CJZ/IoN28W+2Y8CiyPSgB3avP9wqC3/DnrV5jaq7ZczHc0htlTq8Nf9hwJTTjZndjDWUrcGgIIs2cuMvxlMjnVqJDX3nLxZVY/AOOojx+p+WezISIUMU1KitwL6gFg1WjCaeVwEiBfr39cnj+4ajCZpOpy+qeT7iTaVRjxrGzr/zv0WKSQVOazljdeGBESOznrQ4v3LA2XbRtWyHUWlHjxUZ/Q== test

open notepad and save your public key,
add password in required field if you think you need password (i have it) and save private key.

2. open HP Cloud and go to Key Pairs  section, click add key pair,
enter key name, and paste your public key from notepad to Show Public Key Field?
then create key

start server using created key

3. open putty
paste your server public ip from hp cloud,
go to connection>ssh(expand)>auth and then browse for your private key that you saved earlier
open, enter your username (ubuntu isfor ubuntu 13.10) and password that you created using puttygen

Making life easier.

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2013, 02:34:18 am »
How do I connect to the Dimension server using rdp? I tried using the ip listed in the server but it wouldnt let me connect.