Author Topic: All Free server trials, credits suitable for mining PTS.  (Read 66914 times)

hashbit

Re: All Free server trials, credits suitable for mining PTS.
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2013, 07:14:08 am »
Could someone give a brief explanation about how to use the stormcloud and dimension data trials?  I created servers on both but i can't figure out how to access any type of console or anything.  On the dimension one i had windows server running i think because I just used that with AWS and Azure to make things easier.

I never tried dimensions data, they kept asking for phone verification and apparently my line showing up as a prepaid line so I gave up on it.

But it shouldn't be any different from aws and azure. Try looking for the IP and windows login password of your server and use remote desktop connection from your PC to connect. You could check out the help section at dimension for info on how to connect.

I mined with Dimension.  After you create your servers you click on one of the VPN links in the upper right, login and follow the steps to install the Cisco AnyConnect client.  You establish a VPN connection with that using the same login/password for your account.  Then you connect to your server with start - run - mstsc.

One thing I noticed is I don't see anywhere in the account page confirming I have the $200 credit.   I put the code in when I signed up.  Does anyone know if the credit is supposed to show up?

Offline trankil

• View Profile
Re: Free VPS: 24 core/8GB RAM for 1$ (1st month)
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2013, 04:00:53 pm »
OK found new one  :D

http://www.hpcloud.com

they say its 90 days trial, now I am testing this configuration:
Flavor:  standard.2xlarge – 8 vCPU / 32 GB RAM / 960 GB HD
Image:  328943 – Ubuntu Server 13.10 (amd64 20131030) - Partner Image

EDIT
it seems it is 20-25% faster then MS Azure server
after testing 1h it generated 73 shares vs azure 47 so its 55% faster
I like this game  :D

if you think I've helped you, you can tip me
thanks

coul d you tell witch server i have to choose to not increase the 100$ month free
MMC : MTxecTRmb6Gs4wu4jsftJSHSuowiV3o6tF

PTS : PZt3qLFhQeber5NFjjv3ith813oF6zBwnU

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2013, 12:52:42 pm »
I got accepted in this google compute, but then after setting it up, they killed stating my project was not the kind they wanted blablabla...
Did that happen to you guys too?
interesting

no, I just got a message saying that it was full after I finished putting my credit card in a few spots

I opened a dispute with the BBB a few days ago

i stated clearly what i was going to do with it, the acceptance letter makes no mention of there being a limited quantity (before receiving the acceptance letter im sure that's mentioned somewhere, but not relevant here)... oh, and the (probably?) form letter also stated something about applications reopening in january.   my reply was something to the tune of it doesn't matter when applications reopen, i've already qualified.  i didnt get a response for 5 business days & that's when  i filed with the BBB, google apparently has 'satisfactory' resolved all 5000+ complaints

put your cc into two diff spots = bait and switch
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:54:56 pm by zvs »
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2013, 09:29:23 am »
Could someone give a brief explanation about how to use the stormcloud and dimension data trials?  I created servers on both but i can't figure out how to access any type of console or anything.  On the dimension one i had windows server running i think because I just used that with AWS and Azure to make things easier.

I never tried dimensions data, they kept asking for phone verification and apparently my line showing up as a prepaid line so I gave up on it.

But it shouldn't be any different from aws and azure. Try looking for the IP and windows login password of your server and use remote desktop connection from your PC to connect. You could check out the help section at dimension for info on how to connect.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline phrozenspite

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2013, 07:24:44 am »
supporting Newmine for a fair Memorycoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389386.0

Offline montecristo83

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2013, 04:30:15 pm »
I do not remember which code i used.
I got the same mail and it took ~24 hours until i got the credit.

Another hint: you can increase the quota limit. I have 64 cores instead of 24 now.

I used the first code. Took 50 minutes to get the credit.

Did you have to contact support to increase the quota limit, or is there an option for it somewhere?

Offline Smag

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2013, 01:20:28 pm »
Got the same response here, gotta wait until Jan 14...

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2013, 03:28:58 am »
I got accepted in this google compute, but then after setting it up, they killed stating my project was not the kind they wanted blablabla...

I got to step 2, they made me put my info and CC into my account. A few minutes ago I got an email telling me I got rejected stating that there are no more spots. Have to wait till Jan 2014 lol, they're probably lying as they always do.

Hard to share trials to the public, people abuse such promotions.

Offline gee

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2013, 01:11:26 am »
PTS: PrMPxrY1cG6ftfpy3Ae5NEBhW7bqNbVZU5

Offline JohnD

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2013, 04:33:28 pm »
1000$ Google Cloud Compute Starter Pack

https://cloud.google.com/developers/starterpack/

It takes 2-3 days until google enables your trial but it works really great.

edit:

Promo Codes:
1) nrc-org
2) gdg-in

Looks like a pretty good trial, but which promo code do you use? You provided 2 codes.

nrc-org is attached to this http://newrelic.com/

I applied and wrote that I'd be using it to jack it up to 100% CPU usage on various CPU-centric alt cryptocurrencies, purely for profits.  Will let you know the result, etc.

success

well, i also mentioned how i'd be using new relic to monitor my instances

Seems I managed to get I think, just got an email from google with instructions on how to claim the credit. It says upto 2 weeks to get the credit.

I do not remember which code i used.
I got the same mail and it took ~24 hours until i got the credit.

Another hint: you can increase the quota limit. I have 64 cores instead of 24 now.
Donate if you like it:
PTS: Pi236u2LoqHjt8xs75YdQ7ZEFGuMqVd9sJ
BTC: 1AngSrJcBxG3zBks8DnPzvTU3Q2d678XaF

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2013, 05:58:03 am »

edit:

Promo Codes:
1) nrc-org
2) gdg-in

Looks like a pretty good trial, but which promo code do you use? You provided 2 codes.

I applied and wrote that I'd be using it to jack it up to 100% CPU usage on various CPU-centric alt cryptocurrencies, purely for profits.  Will let you know the result, etc.

success

Seems I managed to get I think, just got an email from google with instructions on how to claim the credit. It says upto 2 weeks to get the credit.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2013, 09:34:43 pm »

edit:

Promo Codes:
1) nrc-org
2) gdg-in

success

Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2013, 02:23:49 pm »

edit:

Promo Codes:
1) nrc-org
2) gdg-in

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:25:34 pm by zvs »

Offline montecristo83

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2013, 11:31:38 am »
Some info/tips about Google Compute Engine (feel free to add it to the first post):

• To get the most out of the free $1000 credit, choose 'n1-highcpu-2' (High CPU with 2 vCPUs and 1.8 GB RAM)
  • Since the total maximum allowed vCPUs is 24, create 12 instances and launch your favorite miner using 2 threads with 512 MB/thread
  • This will let you run these instances for a total of 636 hours (26 days)

This is based on letting one of each High CPU instance run for about one hour on ypool using the latest jhProtominer (h version, linux64-corei7sse4-512M):

2 cores ($0.131/hr): 38 c/m
4 cores ($0.261/hr): 67 c/m
8 cores ($0.522/hr): 105 c/m

(PS: One hour won't give the exact c/m, but it's pretty obvious that 2 cores is the best alternative)

jernau

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2013, 02:15:09 pm »
I don't know if you guys factor this into account, but for the free HP trial, they factor into account your bandwidth usage as well. As this is a strictly free venture for me, I decided to pull out in case of unexpected bills. Their customer support is great though.

ADDED: Well, I feel like a fool. If you look here: http://www.hpcloud.com/pricing#NonCDN you'll see that they charge per GB, and I doubt that ptsminer uses a GB in a month.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:25:09 pm by jernau »