Author Topic: Neither Dice nor Lottery are producing results  (Read 35541 times)

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile
Given this news why is LTS up 20%? Granted, it's 20% of a very small number but someone is buying up LTS.

This is just because the trading volume is inexistent and the spread inbetween buy and sell orders is about 20%. So if I now sell 1 LTS on Bter it goes down 20% again. I dumped anyway a few hours back after reading Freetrade's answer to this.

edit: total buy orders left are about 60$...maybe one guy just forgot about his buy order. After that 60$, LTS is dead.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:21:26 pm by CossCrypto »

Offline Riverhead

Given this news why is LTS up 20%? Granted, it's 20% of a very small number but someone is buying up LTS.

https://bter.com/trade/lts_btc

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Update:

I've been trying to resolve two problems with LottoShares but have not managed to do so.

The first is a forking problem when the checkpointing server is running. The checkpointing server allows draws to take place but causes forks to take place when checkpoints aren't accepted by some clients.

The second is decentralizing the draw/random number generation. Using the block hash and a private key to generate unpredictable randomness is centralized and ultimately unsatisfactory. I think the second problem may only be resolvable in the context of a (bitshares style) delegate model.

Unfortunately I've been unable to resolve these problems in LTS despite a huge amount of effort. I have now decided to redirect my efforts to other projects.

Thanks to everybody who took part and I'm sorry it didn't turn out as well as we had all hoped.

So why don't you think about the possibility to create a dpos lotto coin using the bitshares-toolkit and make a snapshot on LTS (POW) so you can fairly distribute the dpos lottocoins to the current LTS holders ?
Why do you punish everybody that trusted you leaving the project?
Many have invested in this and they loose their investment because... you leave?

Offline Riverhead

Seems this type of DAC has new life in the Just Dice (JDS) project. From what I can see in github it's gone through 17 dry runs.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9393.msg121814#msg121814

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
It seems like it is the first official DAC scam... (Sorry to say that but it really smell like that! Hope I am totally wrong, but the first signs where already there before lunch... )
Hope nobody made the mistake to share his AGS/PTS keys !!!

That's why we are screaming we need a tool for that exact reason !!!
We don't want expose our AGS/PTS keys to untrusted individuals in future.

PS so for everybody has used his key for this project it's better to claim his AGS/PTS on new DACs immediately  after lunch and of course NOT for third party DACS before a tool is out there securing us !!!

Are you saying that he could have recorded all private key inputs of LTS users with the wallet??

Is it not possible? Can a trusted programmer/developer that has reviewed the code ensure us that this is not the case?
I just want to make you all think about the possibility's that this can/could happen at some time especially from third party DA Cs and push our DEVs  NOW to give us a tool that eliminate our concerns !

Logically speaking I think it could be possible for sure to use a wallet as a kind of "keylogger"...that sucks. Now I'll have to be worried of somebody else holding my private keys only because I liked his DAC...

I hope nobody will be worried in the future because we can claim our AGS/PTS without the need to expose our private keys (waiting our devs to solve that)
And it would be great if someone that is trusted can ensure as that the LTS-wallet code was/is ok.

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile
It seems like it is the first official DAC scam... (Sorry to say that but it really smell like that! Hope I am totally wrong, but the first signs where already there before lunch... )

PS so for everybody has used his key for this project it's better to claim his AGS/PTS on new DACs immediately  after lunch and of course NOT for third party DACS before a tool is out there securing us !!!

Are you saying that he could have recorded all private key inputs of LTS users with the wallet??

Is it not possible? Can a trusted programmer/developer that has reviewed the code ensure us that this is not the case?
I just want to make you all think about the possibility's that this can/could happen at some time especially from third party DA Cs and push our DEVs  NOW to give us a tool that eliminate our concerns !

Logically speaking I think it could be possible for sure to use a wallet as a kind of "keylogger"...that sucks. Now I'll have to be worried of somebody else holding my private keys only because I liked his DAC...

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Is it not possible? Can a trusted programmer/developer that has reviewed(or will) the code ensure us that this is not the case?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:15:56 pm by liondani »

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Update:

I've been trying to resolve two problems with LottoShares but have not managed to do so.

The first is a forking problem when the checkpointing server is running. The checkpointing server allows draws to take place but causes forks to take place when checkpoints aren't accepted by some clients.

The second is decentralizing the draw/random number generation. Using the block hash and a private key to generate unpredictable randomness is centralized and ultimately unsatisfactory. I think the second problem may only be resolvable in the context of a (bitshares style) delegate model.

Unfortunately I've been unable to resolve these problems in LTS despite a huge amount of effort. I have now decided to redirect my efforts to other projects.

Thanks to everybody who took part and I'm sorry it didn't turn out as well as we had all hoped.

Any more insight into this?  Is there another dev working on LTS?  Will you be porting LTS over to a BTSX model?  This just seems very blunt.

I am curious if the dev fund of lts was left alone or liquidated before this announcement, also the time seems odd as its right before ags/pts share's mature...

Care to comment on how much of the dev fund was cashed out before your announcement freetrade?

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Update:

Any more insight into this?  Is there another dev working on LTS?  Will you be porting LTS over to a BTSX model?  This just seems very blunt.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Update:

So this is the official LTS death-rattle?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
LTS of most of PTSer and AGSer are locked now , -5%,-5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Update:

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile

bitcointalk user emrebey said the following on 20/09/2014;

regarding the dev inactivity,

just have a little patience. freeTrade dealing with some real life stuff, he will come back soon.

Thanks for the heads up, hope he'll manage to solve his issues soon :)