Author Topic: Advice wanted: I'm considering running a marketing delegate.  (Read 18573 times)

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'm thinking it would be useful to allow delegates to edit their own sections. Maintaining this would be a lot of work for one person. Would a wiki format work?

Offline jae208

• View Profile
+5%

I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere but is there a website we can go to where we can view what it is that each of the 101 delegates are doing to help the DAC grow?

I think it would be a good idea if delegates had their own dedicated website where they talk about what it is they are going to do and WHY they should be delegates. Also, it might be a good idea if delegates post the metrics to be used to measure their performance. I think saying that you can't really measure performance is unacceptable.

This would be great. Delegates deserve something more than the forum. The site also could have a place where propositions (for voting) could be explained. Not to seem too much like a referendum election, but we could even file pro/con arguments if needed.

http://bitsharesdelegates.info

I wouldn't know how to set up the website though  :P
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
+5%

I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere but is there a website we can go to where we can view what it is that each of the 101 delegates are doing to help the DAC grow?

I think it would be a good idea if delegates had their own dedicated website where they talk about what it is they are going to do and WHY they should be delegates. Also, it might be a good idea if delegates post the metrics to be used to measure their performance. I think saying that you can't really measure performance is unacceptable.

This would be great. Delegates deserve something more than the forum. The site also could have a place where propositions (for voting) could be explained. Not to seem too much like a referendum election, but we could even file pro/com arguments if needed.

I have asked cass to come up with a recommendation...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
+5%

This would be great. Delegates deserve something more than the forum. The site also could have a place where propositions (for voting) could be explained. Not to seem too much like a referendum election, but we could even file pro/con arguments if needed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:08:02 am by donkeypong »

Offline jae208

• View Profile
 +5%

http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

This sounds good. Brian can handle the big fish marketing while meth does the gorilla marketing.

Offline emailtooaj

+5% for MeTHoDx delegate !!

You've got great insight for unconventional marketing ideas and I know you'll grab that low hanging fruit with ease while climbing up that tree!!!

As anyone in the marketing field knows, continuous in your face ads and name branding is what it takes. Just by doing small blitzes in the right places can make a measurable impact... even though sometimes it's effectiveness can't be fully measured!!
It takes time and no timeline can be set for such!!

You get that delegate up and running and you'll have my votes for the long haul !!!!

*got me thinking, maybe I'll get one going to  ;D
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline gamey

• View Profile
But you look like a good potential value proposition so far...

You can't really beat free intellectual capital. ;)

What metrics do you propose for evaluating your performance?

Good question. Traditionally, I measure marketing performance by revenue minus how much I spend on advertising. It's really easy when you can track everything that's going in and out of a funnel... It won't be possible to objectively measure any delegate position. If you're a developer you could have someone like bytemaster determine the code quality and we can all see commits being made on github. Marketing will be considerably more subjective since there is no way to track how much a marketing campaign adds to market cap.

Similarly to seeing a developer post commits, you can see the ad campaigns I launch. I can post the results of any A/B tests I conduct so ALL marketing efforts can benefit from a scientifically provable marketing message.

There is no way to measure effectiveness of marketing without a centralized onramp or an affiliate system built into BTS.  I (and I'm sure others) have suggested a way to do affiliate IDs.  I think it'd be possible to embed in account registry transaction an affiliate ID.  However, then you can game it without Titan.  It would be a privacy nightmare. 

I think that you've continually given good ideas and shown a great deal of thought put into what effective marketing could be.  Anyone who is willing to execute those ideas without a significant salary seems like a good choice for a delegate.  Far more than random developers IMO.

We need multiple marketing teams working somewhat independently.  Not independent enough to overlap, just enough so that they're not working off the same ideas/beliefs.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:16:45 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline ElMato

• View Profile

Offline kuvira

• View Profile
method please read this

The market for initial public offerings will look for its next big winner in Xoom Inc., a fast-growing money-transfer service for immigrants in the U.S. looking to send money to their home countries.

IPOs have gotten off to a fast start in 2013. Companies raised more than $4.8 billion in January on U.S. exchanges, the most in the first month of any year, according to Dealogic. Another $525 million has been raised so far in February. Each of the past four weeks has brought at least one new issue that remains 20% or more above its debut price.

San Francisco-based Xoom is looking to raise as much as $86.3 million and notch a starting market value as high as $468 million.

Xoom operates Xoom.com, a money-transfer business that lets people living in the U.S. use Web-connected computers and smartphones to send money internationally.

Related Video
Warren Buffett is one of the most successful investors of all time. MarketWatch's Rex Crum looks at stocks Mr. Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway and insiders within the company have bought over the past 90 days. (Photo: AP/Getty Images)

The market for so-called remittances is poised to grow: Since 2004, the global market has expanded at a 12% annual rate, to $513 billion in 2011, according to the World Bank, and it is expected to grow an additional 7% a year through 2015.

Xoom offers cash transfers to 30 countries outside the U.S, though transfers from the U.S. to the Philippines, India and Mexico represent about three-quarters of its business. Nearly a quarter of its transactions are sent through mobile devices.

"You no longer need to walk to an agent location during business hours, fill out forms, queue up, and wait another 10 minutes for the teller to process the transaction," said James Friedman, an analyst at Susquehanna Financial Group LLP, which isn't helping to underwrite the IPO. "With Xoom.com, you can send money 24/7, within minutes, at a smaller cost."

The company generates revenue primarily from transaction fees. While its revenues so far represent a scant to 2% to 3% of those of industry leader Western Union Co. , competitive pricing and consistent growth could help it build market share, Mr. Friedman said.

Xoom's fast growth has attracted investment from venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital LLC, which will retain a roughly 18% stake after the offering, according to the Xoom's filings. Other early investors will keep roughly 40%.

Xoom's revenue grew 68% in the first nine months of 2012, to $57.8 million. The company hasn't reported a profit in any full year and booked a net loss of $4.3 million for the nine months that ended in September, as marketing and customer-service costs increased.

The stock is slated to list Friday on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the ticker XOOM.

Also on tap in the coming week is ConnectOne Bancorp Inc., a community bank chain founded in 2005 and based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J.

ConnectOne, formerly known as North Jersey Community Bancorp Inc., operates eight branches and holds a loan portfolio made up largely of commercial-real-estate and business loans. Profit grew 28%, to $6.1 million, during the first nine months of 2012 from a year earlier.

Shares of the last two bank IPOs haven't fared well. Miami's Capital Bank Financial Corp. and Colorado's National Bank Holdings Corp. both are trading below their September IPO prices.

ConnectOne plans to list on the Nasdaq Stock Market on Tuesday under the ticker CNOB.

Two medical-test makers could make it to market in the coming week. Cancer Genetics Inc. will look to raise as much as $40 million by listing on the Nasdaq. The early-stage company develops tests using DNA for diagnosing hard-to-detect blood, ovarian and cervical cancers. The Rutherford, N.J., company is to start trading on the Nasdaq Wednesday under the ticker CGIX.

A holdover from last week may again make an approach to the market, according to bankers working on the deal. AutoGenomics, of Vista, Calif., makes genetic tests used to determine a predisposition toward, or the presence of, diseases and other medical conditions. The company is looking to raise as much as $66 million on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the ticker AGMX.

From Wall Street Journal

Offline yellowecho

You're always on top of things and have made some excellent contributions so far so you've got my vote, dude!  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
your participation as a delegate seems very promising, so it's a good idea to support you with our votes, at least for the beginning.
your progress will be evaluated and our support will hopefully not stop  ;D
Let's kick some butts!  :)
 +5%

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I'm an independently wealthy serial entrepreneur with too much time on my hands and an obsession with BitShares. Since I already invest so much time (and even money) in BitShares, I've been considering running a paid marketing delegate. I believe bytemaster has stated elsewhere that he only wants developers as delegates so I don't know how he would feel about this.

If elected, I will focus my skills on what I know: marketing. I think BitUSD (and other BitAssets) have the most viral potential in areas outside Western countries. Argentina, Greece, Ecuador, Spain, Philippines etc, etc. Establishing ourselves in any ONE of these niche markets would send our market cap through the roof and facilitate horizontal viral growth into other related niches.

What I WANT to do / see done:
  • Launch an advertising campaign on strategic sub-reddits.
  • Pitch BitUSD to Bitcoin businesses outside America where real USD demand is high but supply is low (i.e. BitPagos).
  • Contract developers for BitAsset merchant integration.
  • Contract developers for a BitAsset specific mobile wallet (iOS & Android).
  • Airdrop BitUSD on Argentinian area codes (requires mobile wallet).
  • Airdrop BitUSD on Argentinian University emails (i.e. uba.ar).
Would you support me as a delegate?

+5% From what I've seen so far I'll definitely support you as a delegate.

I'm especially interested in pursuing the angle of pitching BitUSD to Bitcoin businesses in places like Argentina.