Author Topic: Check Your Allocation - Episode II: Check It Again  (Read 30456 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Sorry cleaning out I3's funds was not enough / that we caused you to expect more

'not enough' does not really cut it. It is close nothing compared to what you let people believe. 
And you just said you were fully aware that this was the case but told people they will be made whole anyway.

Everyone was fully aware of the amount those holders would get (I3's stake). I was not fully aware what proportions exchanges would get until about a week ago.  None of these could affect your investment decisions, this is all a retroactive gift. You're complaining about how much of a gift BM gave you.

You're acting like I screwed you, when I got screwed worse than anyone.

It's not about which one is screwed more ...
It's again the... luck of communication(?)...
I really don't know what to say...   :(

zerosum

I have a novel idea but if I put it here you will accuse me of spreading FUD...

[disclaimer] I did not suffer any significant losses from the DNS price drop after the announcement!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:47:45 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
But everyone accepted the allocation because BM (and you too) assured pre proposal DNS holders they will be made whole.

Ok that is more clear. You're saying you would have rejected it outright. I would have rejected it before it was even posted had I been consulted =(.

But unfortunately the reality is there was no negotiating power once BM made the announcement and the prices moved. Removing dev funds was part of the announcement so that was not an option either. I3 funds were the only available funds.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bobb

• View Profile
check my link https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10381.msg136244#msg136244
in this case you are wrong bobb! it was clear from the day of the ANN. Not worth to talk again. Toast has nothing to do with it.

No I am not ;)  But you are also right. I am aware that this is just about claimed DNS before BM's post. 
What has changed is that the whole meaning of the thread you just quoted is off the table.
So if you bought any DNS before the BM's post you won't get the compensation that was suggested.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:33:22 pm by bobb »

Offline bobb

• View Profile
I am getting the feeling I am having the conversation with the wrong person. :)
@toast: I understand that you got screwed the most and if we have BitUSD tipping expect at least some beers/pizzas coming.
(edit: was meant as a tipping reference joke. But it just sounds stupid when reading it again. Will send you some bts/bitusd anyway)

I agree that it is _now_ not easy to compensate pre proposal DNS holders.
But everyone accepted the allocation because BM (and you too) assured pre proposal DNS holders they will be made whole.
Now turning on them an telling them  'hey guys do you really believed us that. you could do the math yourself and see it won't work" is absurd.
Back then we could have continued to look into other ways to make it right.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:32:05 pm by bobb »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
so now we are talking about old stuff?

it was clearly said, that only claimed AND moved fundes will get compensated. Don't complain now, you had all your chances. At that time it seems to me, i was one of a handfull who was against the merger allocation.

But now, it is over. Live with it, and ask yourself why you accepted it in the first place.

@shentist: we are talking only 'about claimed AND moved funds'. That is the sad part.
All the talks about *pre-proposal announcement* DNS holders "will be made whole" are off the table. 
So, no we are not talking about old stuff.

check my link https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10381.msg136244#msg136244

in this case you are wrong bobb! it was clear from the day of the ANN. Not worth to talk again. Toast has nothing to do with it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Again, who shall we take from to make your optional gift bigger?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Sorry cleaning out I3's funds was not enough / that we caused you to expect more

'not enough' does not really cut it. It is close nothing compared to what you let people believe. 
And you just said you were fully aware that this was the case but told people they will be made whole anyway.

Everyone was fully aware of the amount those holders would get (I3's stake). I was not fully aware what proportions exchanges would get until about a week ago.  None of these could affect your investment decisions, this is all a retroactive gift. You're complaining about how much of a gift BM gave you.

You're acting like I screwed you, when I got screwed worse than anyone.

Offline bobb

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile

it was clearly said, that only claimed AND moved fundes will get compensated. Don't complain now, you had all your chances. At that time it seems to me, i was one of a handfull who was against the merger allocation.

But now, it is over. Live with it, and ask yourself why you accepted it in the first place.

@shentist: we are talking only 'about claimed AND moved funds'. That is the sad part.
All the talks about *pre-proposal announcement* DNS holders "will be made whole" are off the table.

Offline bobb

• View Profile

So, no we are not talking about old stuff.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline toast

• View Profile
You understand the bonus isn't to Nov 5th holders, it's to *pre-proposal announcement* holders, right?

Offline toast

• View Profile
I am speechless. So you are telling me the mistake was that I believed BM's judgement?
And you knew it was nonsense to say "making people whole" but you did it anyway?

BM underestimated how much BTS he had for poeple people to lose. He used the words "made them whole" but if you ran the numbers even at the time you would see that that is nonsense.

BM announcing an allocation where DNS got half of its market cap's worth is the only "wrong" thing here.

Believe BM's judgement about what? There were no choices you could have made different to get more money based on what he said.

That's like saying "sorry, I feel bad, let me give you $10" then saying "oh sorry all the money I have is only $5 but here is all of it". You didn't invest in anything based on the idea that he would gift you $10.

edit:  So I guess the answers are "yes" and "yes". Sorry. It makes me very angry as well that my project was killed and all my supporters burned.

Offline bobb

• View Profile
I am speechless. So you are telling me the mistake was that I believed BM's judgement?
And you knew it was nonsense to say "making people whole" but you did it anyway?

BM underestimated how much BTS he had for poeple people to lose. He used the words "made them whole" but if you ran the numbers even at the time you would see that that is nonsense.

BM announcing an allocation where DNS got half of its market cap's worth is the only "wrong" thing here.