Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks  (Read 105455 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
With the coming asset ownership restriction option.
Could you clarify details of upcoming restriction?
The restrictions are optional can can be defined by the issuer .. one of the last hangouts has details

Offline 21xhipster

With the coming asset ownership restriction option.
Could you clarify details of upcoming restriction?
https://cyber.fund/ - Decetnralized Investment Platform

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It would be neat if you issued BTSBLOCK which was redeemable for a set fraction of your total ad bandwidth. With the coming asset ownership restriction option, you can do it legally.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline 21xhipster

The way I understand it a user issued asset has it's supply decided by the issuer. In most cases it seems they just set the supply equal to the maximum from the start. Unless there's a burn of funds through transactions or deliberate action, that supply will then just stay constant.
I've catch. Yeah you right. No need to show in absolute. Only percentages that show the structure of shareholders.

I haven't really considering issuing an asset no, because as it stands I don't really see the utility. If they end up becoming useful I'll be happy to reconsider though.
Utility could be tremendous. I am looking how NXT ecosystem emerge. It happens only because participants accept build in assets as efficient way to manage domain level projects and products. If you domain project have asset so you can from day 1:
- Measure your effort through capitalization in addition to votes.
- Make deals with partners by simple exchanging assets (simple case - links to partnership sites without need to manage all this referral staff)
- Attract investments to your project. In case you build efficient funnel you'll have competitive advantage as delegate: you don't need low payoff rate.
- Motivate your teammates for result.
- Build bounty program almost for free.
And muuuch more.... The most excited thing that it is easy and cheap. And you'll be the first inside BitShares ecosystem who use UIA for infrastructure project. That is opportunity and experiment that cost nothing and has no risks at all. Common!!! I'll appreciate fucking 500 BTS for this experiment!!
For example we can exchange some BTSBLCKS for CSHARES and will have additional benefits from helping each other effectively creating value....

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:59:13 pm by 21xhipster »

Offline svk

First of all i propose to split Assets section into two section: bitAssets and Assets (or whatever you like) due to the different needs of information and its structure.
What i need as asset issuer:
1. Asset description - there is no data from "data" field.
2. Market info - its already comprehensive but lifetime trade volume is critical for due diligence of asset.
3. Shareholders info and analytics of asset. Nobody want to invest to asset if shareholders structure not discoverable. That is simple rich list as implemented in Next blocks. If you'll add distribution graph like you've implemented for Bitshares holders - awesome!
4. Transaction info and analytics of asset. Transaction analytics is the most critical part. No transactions - asset is dead. Number and volume for different periods (day, week, month, lifetime). List of transactions will allow to work as blockexplorer for particular asset.
That's just the most needed features! Thanks!

And by the way: Why you still didn't issue asset for you project? I would put some BTS into it! NXT dev boom happens only because every infrastructure project begin to use UIA... That is definitely best practise and i believe that it could work for opensource projects if you'll define social consensus for your repository. Any project build with your code could sharedrop to bitsharesblock holders for instance 20%, or less, or more. Just define, issue asset and put it to the market! If you'll want to appreciate me with some BTSBLCKS for an idea - thats cool and personally me will be more motivated and involved into project as far as other shareholders! I can subsidise 500 BTS for asset issuance from cyber•Fund team.

Thanks for the proposals!

I'm not sure all of that is feasible though.

1. Do you mean the "public_data" field? You'll have to tell me what to look for cause most assets don't have any data defined
2. Lifetime trade volume should be possible, I'll look into it.
3. Shareholders info: I don't think this is possible, given how TITAN works. Distribution could be tracked but for most assets I don't think it would be very interesting since it'll be constant at max supply from t0.
4. More transactions info should be possible, I'll keep it in mind!
> it'll be constant at max supply from t0 - please explain.

Frankly without distribution assurance i don't believe in future of user issued assets inside BitShares platform.. As far as impossibility to distribute shares to asset holders.. Unfortunately i still don't understand how TITAN works so for me all this stuff is like a black hole.... I just can compare with usual blockchains approach...

I've had one more proposal  - to issue BTSBLCKS... What about it?

The way I understand it a user issued asset has it's supply decided by the issuer. In most cases it seems they just set the supply equal to the maximum from the start. Unless there's a burn of funds through transactions or deliberate action, that supply will then just stay constant.

I haven't really considering issuing an asset no, because as it stands I don't really see the utility. If they end up becoming useful I'll be happy to reconsider though.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline 21xhipster

First of all i propose to split Assets section into two section: bitAssets and Assets (or whatever you like) due to the different needs of information and its structure.
2. Market info - its already comprehensive but lifetime trade volume is critical for due diligence of asset.
3. Shareholders info and analytics of asset. Nobody want to invest to asset if shareholders structure not discoverable. That is simple rich list as implemented in Next blocks. If you'll add distribution graph like you've implemented for Bitshares holders - awesome!
4. Transaction info and analytics of asset. Transaction analytics is the most critical part. No transactions - asset is dead. Number and volume for different periods (day, week, month, lifetime). List of transactions will allow to work as blockexplorer for particular asset.

And by the way: Why you still didn't issue asset for you project? I would put some BTS into it! NXT dev boom happens only because every infrastructure project begin to use UIA... That is definitely best practise and i believe that it could work for opensource projects if you'll define social consensus for your repository. Any project build with your code could sharedrop to bitsharesblock holders for instance 20%, or less, or more. Just define, issue asset and put it to the market! If you'll want to appreciate me with some BTSBLCKS for an idea - thats cool and personally me will be more motivated and involved into project as far as other shareholders! I can subsidise 500 BTS for asset issuance from cyber•Fund team.

1. Do you mean the "public_data" field? You'll have to tell me what to look for cause most assets don't have any data defined
3. Shareholders info: I don't think this is possible, given how TITAN works. Distribution could be tracked but for most assets I don't think it would be very interesting since it'll be constant at max supply from t0.

1. Yes. I mean "public_data" field. Maybe the easiest solution to look for domain in description. But i sure that we should have asset description specification...I'll think of it.
2. Yeah.. Wait
3. Answered before.
4. The most needed!

Offline 21xhipster

> it'll be constant at max supply from t0 - please explain.

Frankly without distribution assurance i don't believe in future of user issued assets inside BitShares platform.. As far as impossibility to distribute shares to asset holders.. Unfortunately i still don't understand how TITAN works so for me all this stuff is like a black hole.... I just can compare with usual blockchains approach...

I've had one more proposal  - to issue BTSBLCKS... What about it?

Offline svk

Offline 21xhipster

@svk what about my proposals?

Offline svk

+5% ..
Maybe you can even add some brainwallet-like feature to it one day .. i push a new repo to githib.com/xeroc yesterday that creates privkey pubkey pairs in JS using btsJS .. please take a look .. would be awesome to have paperwallets.bitsharesblocks or brainwallet.bitsharesblocks ;)

It's definitely something that I can imagine doing, adding functionality similar to blockchain.info. However I have a lot of learning to do about the security aspects before I'd feel comfortable doing so, and I'd probably need some help either way. Once the site is open-source it will be possible for people to propose additions like this of course.

Luckily starting in January I'll have a lot more time available to work on all this!

Offline 21xhipster

I'm working hard behind the scenes on a rewrite of a lot of my angular controllers to improve the performance and structure of the website code. I hope to have a new version pushed to live this evening, if all goes well this will also include moving the client to v0.4.25 at which point I'll enable feed statistics for standby delegates.

In other news I've just negotiated with my boss that instead of working 80% starting January I will now do 50%, and I will also relinquish my responsibilities as team leader of a small team. My day job can be interesting enough but lately I've been far more interested in working on Bitsharesblocks and related projects, this change will give me more time to do what I love doing :)

Thanks to all of you for your support which is making this possible!
Cool!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% ..
Maybe you can even add some brainwallet-like feature to it one day .. i push a new repo to githib.com/xeroc yesterday that creates privkey pubkey pairs in JS using btsJS .. please take a look .. would be awesome to have paperwallets.bitsharesblocks or brainwallet.bitsharesblocks ;)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I'm working hard behind the scenes on a rewrite of a lot of my angular controllers to improve the performance and structure of the website code. I hope to have a new version pushed to live this evening, if all goes well this will also include moving the client to v0.4.25 at which point I'll enable feed statistics for standby delegates.

In other news I've just negotiated with my boss that instead of working 80% starting January I will now do 50%, and I will also relinquish my responsibilities as team leader of a small team. My day job can be interesting enough but lately I've been far more interested in working on Bitsharesblocks and related projects, this change will give me more time to do what I love doing :)

great initiative !!!
 +5% +5% +5%

Offline svk

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I published price feeds but it is not reflected on the bitsharesblocks. Can you check it?
Feeds only work for standby delegates starting in v0.4.25, you'll see them once we're upgraded.

Yes I'm ready and waiting for your upgrade :)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop