Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks  (Read 105101 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
ok thx for sharing this info! Yes delegate overview is broken currently!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline svk

Looks like I just broke the delegates overview with an update I just pushed, I know why but I'm at my day-job so I'll have to fix it once I get home in a few hours, everything else should work. Sorry about that.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

I've just pushed a pretty cool new feature (at least in my opinion), and it's something I've wanted to do for a while now!

On the blocks overview, instead of the checkbox that used to let you show only transactions you will now see a dropdown selection box on the right side. In that dropdown you can choose any type of transaction that you wish to see, and you can also combine different types. This lets you easily browse through for example all blocks containing an asset creation transaction, or a cover transaction etc. If you are on the "recent" page, ie the first page, you will automatically receive only new blocks containing the chosen transaction types.

To return to the default view of showing all blocks, simply deselect any transaction types in the dropdown.

There might be bugs so let me know if you find any, and although I've done my best to optimize the search operations on the backend they're still a little slow sometimes. I could also use some help with translations for some of the new terms, you can find them on github.

I've also temporarily disabled an api call that was fetching a list of delegate names that might've been the cause of some recent access issues people have been having, I'm gonna rewrite that part tomorrow but until then you won't see the name of the delegate who caused the previous fork and the typeahead in the delegates overview doesn't work.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
It would be great to have the line with all the category titles stay visible when scrolling down. For example on http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates the first row with all the categories (rank, 24 hour change etc.) could stay on top of my screen when I scroll down so that I don't have to scroll up again and remember which column was which and then scroll down again to check what I wanted to check...  complicated explanation but I hope it became clear what I mean :)

I've been thinking the same actually, similar to how you can fix the upper row in Excel. Not sure it's possible with a standard table but I can look into it.
I am glad you understood what I was saying :)

Offline svk

It would be great to have the line with all the category titles stay visible when scrolling down. For example on http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates the first row with all the categories (rank, 24 hour change etc.) could stay on top of my screen when I scroll down so that I don't have to scroll up again and remember which column was which and then scroll down again to check what I wanted to check...  complicated explanation but I hope it became clear what I mean :)

I've been thinking the same actually, similar to how you can fix the upper row in Excel. Not sure it's possible with a standard table but I can look into it.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline svk

Just want to say BitSharesblocks is looking great, love linking to it in topics, everything is well laid out, clear, it makes us look good. Thanks very much and keep up the great work!

Thank you! :)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Just want to say BitSharesblocks is looking great, love linking to it in topics, everything is well laid out, clear, it makes us look good. Thanks very much and keep up the great work!

Offline svk

I've made a simple rpc client for nodejs to use with Bitshares that I've published to npm and github. It's basically what I've been using for my backend but slightly more formalized in a package that you can "npm install" and then "require". You can find it here:

https://github.com/svk31/bitshares-rpc

Installation through npm:

Code: [Select]
npm install bitshares-rpc

Offline svk

BTW, your v0.4.27.2's are still coming up orange.

Indeed, I added an issue on github for it so I don't forget, will get to it later.

https://github.com/svk31/bitsharesblocks/issues/13

Offline ozvic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: trev
BTW, your v0.4.27.2's are still coming up orange.

Offline ozvic

• View Profile
No worries. Think it's been like that for around 24 hours. Noticed it last night around this time. (Sydney GMT +11 time).

Offline svk

Guess you're on your Chrissy holidays .. well deserved!

When you get back I assume you already know bitsharesblock.com is either on a fork or 8000+ blocks behind for some other reason. ;)

Nope I'm back working! :) Didn't realize there was an issue though but you're  right, the bitshares client on the Asian api server somehow got stuck! The American server was fine which is why I didn't notice it.. I just restarted the client and it got synced back up correctly.

Offline ozvic

• View Profile

Offline ozvic

• View Profile
Guess you're on your Chrissy holidays .. well deserved!

When you get back I assume you already know bitsharesblock.com is either on a fork or 8000+ blocks behind for some other reason. ;)