Author Topic: Why BTS is falling like this?  (Read 13678 times)

clout

as I see it the bts/cny trading volume has dried up so the bts price is heavily subject to the btc price. for everyone that is concerned about these price movements, understand that bts is completely undervalued and it is better to buy at cheap prices than at higher prices. if you do not have anymore money to buy bts, this is a great opportunity to short bitusd (the effective equivalent of taking out a loan and buying more bts). new shorts entering the market are a very good thing for the platform as a whole, since new shorts must bid up the interest rate for bitusd, which will ultimately increases demand. if you have been following the trading on the platform today, many shorts have either expired or been margin called, thereby allowing new shorts with higher interest rates (as high as 70% APR) to enter the market. i don't know about you guys, but im excited!

clout

bitcoin fall,no marketing move,no milestone of the development ,suck management  .
=
keep falling,f****
I really want to know what the fu** is the "BIG THING" is.
@STAN can you tell me ?

i love that you're a "hero member"

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
It's not as related to these recent changes as you think.

Have you ever noticed how strongly positively correlated the NXT market is to the BTS market? Yet there is no connection.

NXT is deflationary, BTS is inflationary, but the prices move the same way at the same time. The only common factor they both have is that they both were created under IPO funded by bitcoin and have similar market caps.

As the bitcoin price moves, this massively affects BTS and NXT, that's the primary driving factor for the price, IMO.

You're partly right. I see it in trading, where they compare how 'correlated' two things are. And though I can't do the maths, I do see BTSX is highly correlated to BTC and then other 2.0 vs. just an independent price.

That's why you should draw a BTC trend line before the thread I mentioned, we we're on our own track, an uptrend that managed to break away from the BTC lock in, pretty awesome.

* Note: I have had a few beers today

Offline monsterer

It's not as related to these recent changes as you think.

Have you ever noticed how strongly positively correlated the NXT market is to the BTS market? Yet there is no connection.

NXT is deflationary, BTS is inflationary, but the prices move the same way at the same time. The only common factor they both have is that they both were created under IPO funded by bitcoin and have similar market caps.

As the bitcoin price moves, this massively affects BTS and NXT, that's the primary driving factor for the price, IMO.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Well if this fall is due to the dilution from DNS and coinmarketcap not reflecting the correct market supply, then I am speechless..

I am very happy that BTS decided to evolve and not having a fixed supply and be able to dilute shares every-time we acquire a new business as DNS. Fixed supply of assets, call it bitcoin, gold or whatever will never be fair and will always be centralized. There is no way to apply monetary policy with fixed supply and monetary policy is necessary. In my view BTS will be able to apply now some kind of "monetary policy" and can finally become the ultimate company and BM gets his Nobel price in economics in the future. I just can't believe that people don't see how good BTS is now, how undervalued and its potential.

All that happens now is pure trading manipulation by some Chinese whales imho who from what I know have the theory "let's make money within 3 months and then let's move on". I will be very happy the day when there is a sudden increase in price within a day and all the dumpers realize their losses, because undoubtedly this day will come at some point... :)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
It's been falling since this thread & it's impact started setting in...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9603.0

What the market really wants is what BTSX was.

Draw a BTC trend line anytime before that thread got going and you'll see BTSX could easily be worth $100 million more. That's not even an hyperbole - a no inflation profitable blockchain would have exploded if it got to no.2 imo. Daniel and BitAssets would have been the talk of the town, then the media would have been interested in our killer app and with all the opportunities in the world right now, BitAssets would sell themselves & start taking off. I even had visions of Daniel on the cover of Time magazine next year -  'Bit...USD?'

It could have been earning circa 50k a month in fees already. If $600k AGS was put into BitUSD and released at 50k a month you'd have 100k+ a month. Not much but possibly enough with Daniel's genius & a few passionate developers looking to increase the value of their stake.

A 5% annual fee (as originally expected) applied only to BTSX stake that was never claimed would potentially yield millions of dollars per year in future and have been psychologically acceptable to the market imo https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9950.0

I can't tell you how undervalued BitAssets are right now. What Daniel and co have developed is revolutionary. But with a double whammy of dilution (which hasn't been reflected on the share supply on coinmarketcap yet) and share drops, even with this rapidly advancing tech,  the addition of a $5 million & growing DNS DAC (incl. Toast, who I often disagree with but does have a high market value.) BitShares has suffered.

I expect it to recover & still have a great shot unless they unleash a clearly flawed sharedrop strategy. BitAssets are just so freaking awesome, outside of development though, the direction BitShares has taken to keep key talent involved, passionate & not feeling constrained has come at a high short term price. They're probably worth it though. But if there's a credible competitor that looks pretty much exactly like Daniel's original vision for BTSX, BTS could be in trouble imo.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:36:38 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Considering Bitcoin has had another failing rally and is probably headed sub 300 again... We should see a market cap on BTS near $20 billion before the end of the year.  I think it will maintain its position as the 4th overall market cap crypto as all the other cryptos will fall with bitcoin.

The pain is far from over in the crypto currency space, and we won't hit bottom until everyone who is saying "I bought more" or "I bought all I can and am holding" has panicked and sold.  Only then will we get the turn and a sustained bull market.  Markets are an evil beast designed to prey on your emotions, and make the fewest amount of people money.

A good quote from Paul Tudor Jones "Do the trade that makes you wan't to puke"...  I havn't seen many BTS bulls looking for the barf bags lately

Offline svk

I definitely agree with your last point about the market rules, I too am staying out of it cause I'm not really sure what the current rules are. We need an up to date sticky with Current Market Rules!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I'm buying. I just pumped 5 BTC into BitsharesX.

It may be that it's overbought though because when I was weighing up my purchase I thought they were expensive.

Bitshares has almost no volume of asset trades. NXT has a very significant volume of asset trades. Yet Bitshares is nearly twice as expensive as NxT. Look at the marketcaps - Bitshares is number 4 despite the fact that it's basically still a beta, proof of concept project whereas NxT is now attracting launch after launch of new assets.

I think things will improve once assets start to be traded on the Bitshares platform because the "concept" is now probably priced in.

Wow...you think BTS is expensive??? They are at the levels that I was buying last year before they even launched when it was just a promise. Now after one year and with all these huge developments we are at the same levels...That doesn't make sense to me...

As far as NXT concerns...please it doesn't worth to compare it with BTS. I was a very long time supporter of NXT, their community has a lot of very nice members, very good developers but there are so many scamers in there and so many scandals  with announcements and false promises that to me NXT is dead..At least BTS devs. so far whatever they said they delivered. Regarding the number of bitassets that NXT trades please bear in mind that it is not the number but the quality that counts. I prefer to have only 1 bitasset that is valuable rather than 100 of useless bitassets. Not that NXT assets are useless by all means. They have some very promising assets but as far as I am concerned I was so disappointed from NXT so whatever they do now can't fix this.

bitcoin fall,no marketing move,no milestone of the development ,suck management  .
=
keep falling,f****
@STAN can you tell me ?

I thought that this community would have seperated ourselves from bitcoin moves by now..clearly not the case..a lot of weak hands among us with large stakes.. As far as development I think it is going quite well. Our devs work really hard to deliver so that shouldn't be the case.. Maybe marketing?

i think the main problem is because Bts need technical perfection and wider adoption both (BTC copied hundreds of time, but only wide adoption make him strong).
what can prevent copy cats from using DPOS while using BTC as pledge collateral...? Only first come move with many exchange support, it hell load of work with partners.

That is a good explanation I think and if we lose our competitive advantage and things don't move fast now then BTS dream will become an investment nightmare...

In any case BTS is so cheap imho right now...so why are you dumping? I want to buy as much as I can at these levels and I can't. I am trying to sort bitusd but my orders don't complete since there is no much demand for new bitusd to be created? I think we should find a way to short bitusd whenever we want by pledging BTS collateral...But then again I am still missing the full details of the market engine and how it works so this may be ok as it works right now..

Offline Crossover

• View Profile
I am out for 2 weeks and BTS is getting hammered and PTS just died.. I don't mind about PTS since they served their purpose but what am I missing with BTS? Are we slowly and painfully die?  :(... Or the expectation is that BTS should be valued as all the bitassets market cap and people think this is normal now?? Who is selling at these prices and why no one is buying??
i think the main problem is because Bts need technical perfection and wider adoption both (BTC copied hundreds of time, but only wide adoption make him strong).
what can prevent copy cats from using DPOS while using BTC as pledge collateral...? Only first come move with many exchange support, it hell load of work with partners.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:30:25 am by Crossover »

lzr1900

=
keep falling,f****
@STAN can you tell me ?

Offline toknormal

• View Profile
I'm buying. I just pumped 5 BTC into BitsharesX.

It may be that it's overbought though because when I was weighing up my purchase I thought they were expensive.

Bitshares has almost no volume of asset trades. NXT has a very significant volume of asset trades. Yet Bitshares is nearly twice as expensive as NxT. Look at the marketcaps - Bitshares is number 4 despite the fact that it's basically still a beta, proof of concept project whereas NxT is now attracting launch after launch of new assets.

I think things will improve once assets start to be traded on the Bitshares platform because the "concept" is now probably priced in.

Offline svk

I've given up trying to understand price movements of crypto currencies.. The only thing I'm certain of is that I'll always buy and/or sell at the wrong time, so for now I'm just holding... If I could I'd just never look at the price, but the downside to working on bitsharesblocks is that I end up seeing the recent price history chart very often! ;)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I am out for 2 weeks and BTS is getting hammered and PTS just died.. I don't mind about PTS since they served their purpose but what am I missing with BTS? Are we slowly and painfully die?  :(... Or the expectation is that BTS should be valued as all the bitassets market cap and people think this is normal now?? Who is selling at these prices and why no one is buying??