Author Topic: ripple rally  (Read 44821 times)

Offline svk

People  buying xrp now will be very disappointed soon imho...
Isn't the total supply  c100 bill XRP so it is like the market cap of xrp now is c1.3 bil?
Isn't like something 70% or more owned by 10 people including Jed who announced that he will dump and hasn't finished dumping yet? Does the market think that it is rational 10 people to make $130 mil if they start dumping?

Ripple is awesome as a protocol, easy transfers in any centralised IOU but no need to keep xrp.

So seriously...either I have seriously missunderstood something about ripple, either some people will soon really depressed soon...

I have the exact same impression of Ripple, but guess we could be wrong.. I seem to remember someone saying as well that the XRP itself doesn't really have any use, a bank adopting Ripple would need a couple of hundred XRP per year or something.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
People  buying xrp now will be very disappointed soon imho...
Isn't the total supply  c100 bill XRP so it is like the market cap of xrp now is c1.3 bil?
Isn't like something 70% or more owned by 10 people including Jed who announced that he will dump and hasn't finished dumping yet? Does the market think that it is rational 10 people to make $130 mil if they start dumping?

Ripple is awesome as a protocol, easy transfers in any centralised IOU but no need to keep xrp.

So seriously...either I have seriously missunderstood something about ripple, either some people will soon really depressed soon...

Offline ag

• View Profile
Ripple is a great project but I'd like to understand better why Ripple currency (XRP) is needed there. As I see, the gateways use other existing currencies, either fiat (USD, EUR, etc) or crypto (BTC), and XRP is needed only if you want trade an exotic pair for which a market doesn't exist. Other than that, holding XRP gives no interest or dividends and it's not likely that XRP will be accepted by merchants even if the Ripple project succeeds. Am I missing something?

It is a confusing question.. at some point the security of the network might move to a form of proof-of-stake. banks that conduct forex transactions on the ripple network will want to have some XRP's to have a say.. in the system they use / depend on. for their self interest. also ripple network should make a profit for facilitating forex trades. I think it already destroys XRP in some ways, which is equivalent to profits paid back to shareholders.

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Whats stopping them from implementing a "contract for difference" market of their own, using XRP as the collateral?

Regulatory shitstorm. Only a decentralized network with no head can pull this off.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Would it be technically possible for Ripple to implement market pegged assets? They have all the gateways set up, and the speed.... Whats stopping them from implementing a "contract for difference" market of their own, using XRP as the collateral? Maybe, the reason why they don't is that It might piss off all the bankers they seem to have made friends with?
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
Ripple is a great project but I'd like to understand better why Ripple currency (XRP) is needed there. As I see, the gateways use other existing currencies, either fiat (USD, EUR, etc) or crypto (BTC), and XRP is needed only if you want trade an exotic pair for which a market doesn't exist. Other than that, holding XRP gives no interest or dividends and it's not likely that XRP will be accepted by merchants even if the Ripple project succeeds. Am I missing something?

There are a few places in SF that accept XRP.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

XRP is likely to become a currency like Bitcoin and has value for that purpose.   It is the only asset in the ripple system that isn't an IOU and thus has value.

busygin

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Seriously, every day this past week Ripple adds another 25 mil to its market cap. What the hell's going on over there?

https://ripple.com/event-recap-around-the-world-in-5-seconds/

Between these types of events and bank integration, they are making moves.  Our time will come.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Seriously, every day this past week Ripple adds another 25 mil to its market cap. What the hell's going on over there?

Offline lastagile

• View Profile
What they are doing is really exciting
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIjyl_rTZ5U

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
1st Stage

BitShares Consensus

BitShares General Whitepaper
---> BitShares TITAN Whitepaper 
---> BitShares DPOS Whitepaper
---> Info GFXs

BitAsset General Whitepapers
---> bitUSD Broschure / Benefits & Features
---> bit* Broschure / Benefits & Features

BitShares Whitepaper/Salesfolder Merchants
---> Benefits / Features
---> BitAsset General Whitepaper
---> BitAsset bit* Broschure / Benefits & Features

BitShares Whitepaper/Salesfolder Financial Institutions
---> Benefits / Features
---> Infrastrucutre / Integration etc.
---> BitAsset General Whitepaper

BitShares Whitepaper Traders
---> Manual BitShares Trading App. etc.
---> Info GFX

2nd Stage

After potential Clients/Users/Traders etc. get attention and get in contact

Individual bit* Asset Broschure suited to the requests etc.
---> BitAsset bit* Broschure / Benefits & Features

and so on …
just thinking loud ---

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
+5%

Even if BitShares is better than everything else out there, I absolutely wouldn't expect a single intelligent outsider to take it seriously without some real documents. Having these is a necessary condition to not being considered another worthless shitcoin forever.

I support any effort to help address this.

+5% BitAsset Whitepaper.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
While the ripple developers are busy writing whitepapers, the bitshares developers are busy using those whitepapers to copy all their unique features ;)
Lol ...

IIRC BM addressed that issue and confirmed that documentation will be done after a feature complete release ..

wild guess:  Q2 2015

Thanks for the update.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
While the ripple developers are busy writing whitepapers, the bitshares developers are busy using those whitepapers to copy all their unique features ;)
Lol ...

IIRC BM addressed that issue and confirmed that documentation will be done after a feature complete release ..

wild guess:  Q2 2015