Author Topic: argentina-marketing.matt608 is now live! Please VOTE for this vital project!  (Read 53075 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
2.98%  Almost there!  It takes time to accumulate funds, the time for election is now, get your vote in asap.

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
Oh man, how do I write this post, without getting a Nullstreet fatwa declared on me?
Well here goes...

Dear Matt,

After quickly reading through this op, I was exited that we had someone trying to run an Argentina marketing delegate. I was partiqually looking forward to your radio ad on LTB, since this is one of your main skills. To be honest I was shocked, and I can't understand why nobody else didn't bring this up already. Your just not radio material.

Next are your writing skills, and I hate to say it, but that unpublished article just isn't a nice read. I don't see it getting posted on techcrunch any time soon.
This gets me extra worried because you will be responsible for the content on the "Argentina BitUSD portal".

The only reason left for voting you in, is so you can delegate funds to Elmato and Fran2k.....
I don't think this is a good idea, for reasons mentioned by bytemaster in the 12-5 hangout. https://soundcloud.com/testzcrypto/beyond-bitcoinhamgout-12-05-14-updates-from-bytemaster
(17:30).

This raises an interesting question. Am I being to hard/demanding, or are others just to happy to to vote in any delegate with a "marketing proposal"?

I used to be of the opinion that every effort, how little it may be, would bring some value to BTS. However I'm starting to think that, that since BTS is in it's startup phase, it's crucial that the shareholders make decisions on effectiveness rather than just getting something out there. The decisions we make now, will have an effect on further BTS adoption.

Sorry for being a bit harsh, but tactfullness isn't really part of my skill portfolio.
I guess I shouldn't be running a "Bitshares tactical delegate" campaign.
I see it the same way.
My two concerns are: Not professional enough with respect to what I have seen (the bitusd video and the radio ad) and not actually from Argentina / not native Spanish.

I thought quite the same the first time I saw the matt delegate proposal... British and non-Spanish speaker? WTF!

But...

I had been around this forum since almost a year ago and I really like Bitshares but despite been very active in the local community and that with some friends we were thinking "what to do" about BTS we almost did nothing.

Matt started the discussion and marked a point to start. It impulsed us too to make some local action.

As the community speaks mainly Chinese and English is key that any delegate could communicate in both, which he does. For me this was a barrier to propose a delegate as I'm not enough confident in my English. It's clear that almost any delegate must be or have a team able to communicate in English, Chinese and any other language necessary, in this case Spanish.

I believe that as the Bitshares ecosystem grows, 'unipersonal delegates' are going to disappear fast. People is gonna team-up to add more value.

;)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 11:08:05 pm by fran2k »
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
You probably only need 5 million BTS backing you, shouldnt be to hard.

Offline onceuponatime

Do you want things to get done?

yes i want! I will vote for you! Not for your spanish knowledge or your good writing skills, just because it looks like you are not just talk. For 3 month it is good invested money!

Thanks Shentist.

I agree. As of now, you have stepped up to the plate, and are getting something done. No one else has (in this niche). You also seem able to take criticism and to learn.

I have given you my vote.

That is not set in stone. If your efforts don't prove fruitful, or if a better option comes up, I can and will take my vote elsewhere.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Radio ad: I would suggest a voice over, I used http://www.goodcheapvoiceover.com in the past. And they do exactly what it says on the tin.

FWIW, I really like your radio voice!  Agree that the volume needs to come up.

And  +5% for stepping up and making things happen.

Thanks Mira! 

Offline mira

• View Profile

Radio ad: I would suggest a voice over, I used http://www.goodcheapvoiceover.com in the past. And they do exactly what it says on the tin.

FWIW, I really like your radio voice!  Agree that the volume needs to come up.

And  +5% for stepping up and making things happen.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Thanks I may well do that.

Offline graffenwalder

Graffenwalder, I always appreciate an honest opinion.

My radio ad was my first ever radio ad.  Aruther Falls (legendface666) who runs the show said it was a great ad and he was excited to have such high quality material on the show.  It's possible he  says that to everyone, but that's the only other feedback I've received on it.  I don't see what's wrong with it, though next time I won't spell out my delegate name at the end.  Could you explain what was wrong with it or offer constructive feedback? 

That unpublished article is a bit rough now I look at it again.  I was attempting to bridge a very niche topic into a more mainstream lens which was a bit too much of  a stretch.  With a little bit of editing to re-target it to the cryptosphere it can easily be upgraded and used somewhere. 

No comments on the other one on r/cryptocurrency?  My copy actually got used in a relatively successful marketing push and I've had lots of positive feedback on it.  It can't be bad.  I also coined the slogan that will be used in the social media 'thunderclap' campaign.  "Crowdhiring, it's a thing". 

With the radio ad, not even the official marketing team took the opportunity for a free slot on a popular bitcoin podcast.  I am the only one who took action.  Do you want to get things done?

Re: delulo on the video I slapped together, that was voluntary and nothing to do with my delegate campaign.  I was frustrated by the endless talk about videos and nothing getting done.  So I had a go myself.  At the very least it helped inspire the community marketing efforts by setting an example of taking action.

And again there was endless talk about Argentina but no budget for it.  I am the only one who took the plunge to make sure it goes ahead.

Like I have said before, delegates delegate.  I won't be creating the bitUSD portal on my own, but I will be making sure it gets done.  BM said in that podcast he wants delegates with a strong vision.  I have that.  It doesn't mean doing it all myself and paying myself a salary.  What needs to be done in Argentina requires a wide assortment of skills, it's a team effort and  I am more than capable of co-ordinating it and funding the right initiatives with plenty of community consultation.

Matt,

Like you said these are just my opinions and they are like taste. Not everybody likes the same flavor.

I must have looked over that reddit link. To be honest I found that to be a good post.

Crowd hiring, it's a thing? Sorry but this just doesn't do it for me.(again taste)

Getting things done:

As for the official marketing team. I hope they are drawing up a battle plan in the war room. And are just waiting for the perfect moment to strike. And that might be the reason for not taking the slot. Again I hope this is the case, like most of us here we won't know, until they launch it.

As for this Argentine campaign I'm still not convinced, that you are the best man for this job.
Also at current marketcap you will be taking a big part of the budget. (200 bitusd)
You might be the only one stepping up to the plate, but that doesn't mean you'll bring value to the team.

I'd rather see someone putting up a helper delegate for someone, who has proven skills.

Let me just finish by saying, that I'm not neccesarly for or against the official marketing team, and/or an Argentinian campaign.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Here is my constructive feedback:
The radio ad: I couldn't hear the voice because the music was too loud. Either recording was not good enough or the "radio voice" has to be practiced a bit. Text / content could have been more on point (more relevant content).
BitUSD Video: It didn't look professional in the sense that it was obvious that it was a power point presentation made into a video.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Do you want things to get done?

yes i want! I will vote for you! Not for your spanish knowledge or your good writing skills, just because it looks like you are not just talk. For 3 month it is good invested money!

Thanks Shentist.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
The decisions we make now, will have an effect on further BTS adoption.

As for Matt's delegate, Elmato and Fran2k support Matt's initiative and those guys are already making a difference at the Bitcoin Embassy.

http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Argentina/photos/25792368/

Yes, the Bitshares meetup in Buenos Aires is a result of Fran2k + Elmato's hard work and is (going to continually be) funded by my delegate.  If you want a campaign based on results, they are already coming in.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:06:05 pm by matt608 »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

My radio ad was my first ever radio ad.  Aruther Falls (legendface666) who runs the show said it was a great ad and he was excited to have such high quality material on the show.  It's possible he  says that to everyone, but that's the only other feedback I've received on it.  I don't see what's wrong with it, though next time I won't spell out my delegate name at the end.  Could you explain what was wrong with it or offer constructive feedback? 

That unpublished article is a bit rough now I look at it again.  I was attempting to bridge a very niche topic into a more mainstream lens which was a bit too much of  a stretch.  With a little bit of editing to re-target it to the cryptosphere it can easily be upgraded and used somewhere. 

No comments on the other one on r/cryptocurrency?  My copy actually got used in a relatively successful marketing push and I've had lots of positive feedback on it.  It can't be bad.  I also coined the slogan that will be used in the social media 'thunderclap' campaign.  "Crowdhiring, it's a thing". 

With the radio ad, not even the official marketing team took the opportunity for a free slot on a popular bitcoin podcast.  I am the only one who took action.  Do you want things to get done?

Re: delulo on the video I slapped together, that was voluntary and nothing to do with my delegate campaign.  I was frustrated by the endless talk about videos and nothing getting done.  So I had a go myself.  At the very least it helped inspire the community marketing efforts by setting an example of taking action.

And again there was endless talk about Argentina but no budget for it.  I am the only one who took the plunge to make sure it goes ahead.

Like I have said before, delegates delegate.  I won't be creating the bitUSD portal on my own, but I will be making sure it gets done.  BM said in that podcast he wants delegates with a strong vision.  I have that.  It doesn't mean doing it all myself and paying myself a salary.  What needs to be done in Argentina requires a wide assortment of skills, it's a team effort and  I am more than capable of co-ordinating it and funding the right initiatives with plenty of community consultation.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
The decisions we make now, will have an effect on further BTS adoption.

Great statement. It reminds me how wonderful it would be to see an official marketing/project plan and the work that's been done over the last 4 months. As for Matt's delegate, Elmato and Fran2k support Matt's initiative and those guys are already making a difference at the Bitcoin Embassy.

http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Argentina/photos/25792368/

I feel like you have valid criticisms on the writing, I just want to offer a different point of view.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline matt608

• View Profile

With the radio ad, not even the official marketing team took the opportunity for a free slot on a popular bitcoin podcast.  I am the only one who took action.  Do you want to get things done?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:44:50 pm by matt608 »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Oh man, how do I write this post, without getting a Nullstreet fatwa declared on me?
Well here goes...

Dear Matt,

After quickly reading through this op, I was exited that we had someone trying to run an Argentina marketing delegate. I was partiqually looking forward to your radio ad on LTB, since this is one of your main skills. To be honest I was shocked, and I can't understand why nobody else didn't bring this up already. Your just not radio material.

Next are your writing skills, and I hate to say it, but that unpublished article just isn't a nice read. I don't see it getting posted on techcrunch any time soon.
This gets me extra worried because you will be responsible for the content on the "Argentina BitUSD portal".

The only reason left for voting you in, is so you can delegate funds to Elmato and Fran2k.....
I don't think this is a good idea, for reasons mentioned by bytemaster in the 12-5 hangout. https://soundcloud.com/testzcrypto/beyond-bitcoinhamgout-12-05-14-updates-from-bytemaster
(17:30).

This raises an interesting question. Am I being to hard/demanding, or are others just to happy to to vote in any delegate with a "marketing proposal"?

I used to be of the opinion that every effort, how little it may be, would bring some value to BTS. However I'm starting to think that, that since BTS is in it's startup phase, it's crucial that the shareholders make decisions on effectiveness rather than just getting something out there. The decisions we make now, will have an effect on further BTS adoption.

Sorry for being a bit harsh, but tactfullness isn't really part of my skill portfolio.
I guess I shouldn't be running a "Bitshares tactical delegate" campaign.

I gotta hide my pieces in front of you  :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.