Author Topic: argentina-marketing.matt608 is now live! Please VOTE for this vital project!  (Read 52987 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Just so everyone knows Riverhead has assisted me to get pricefeeds ready so as soon I am elected they will go live and I will make sure they stay live.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:40:22 pm by matt608 »

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline matt608

• View Profile

This may not be the most productive/valuable use of your time though if we can get Argentinian based talent with Bitcoin contacts and experience.

I strongly hope that happens and I will be ready to delegate funds to their initiatives.

+5%
Couple of things, I just listened to his talk show http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-22-bitassets-and-the-austrians and he is great personality. Great radio voice, well spoken, just a good listen all around.

I agree Argentina is a ripe market. I would like to also hear Matias (ElMato) thoughts if he may have a local contact.

The reason being is that it is hard to sell or convince someone that something is for them when you don't live and interact with the local population.I think we are downplaying the value of having a local with a locals mindset, that will know how to speak to these people because he has lived their lives.

matt608 is a great radio personality and thats his natural talent lets support that, He is all ready great at it, give his show a listen and tell me he isn't good.

Just so we're clear I only made the the 1 minute long audio ad for the show (30mins in), its not my show.  Arthur Falls was the one interviewing Bytemaster.

The Core essentials of my plan, bitUSD portal with wallet download links + Spanish language explainer video pitching to a mainstream audience is pretty much set in stone as the plan.  The marketing approach of that portal is still very much open to discussion.  There's bitUSD drops, there's other viral marketing ideas being batted around and if any local Argentine marketers propose a plan they can have funds delegated to them if the community favours it.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

This may not be the most productive/valuable use of your time though if we can get Argentinian based talent with Bitcoin contacts and experience.

I strongly hope that happens and I will be ready to delegate funds to their initiatives.

+5%
Couple of things, I just listened to his talk show http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-22-bitassets-and-the-austrians and he is great personality. Great radio voice, well spoken, just a good listen all around.

I agree Argentina is a ripe market. I would like to also hear Matias (ElMato) thoughts if he may have a local contact.

The reason being is that it is hard to sell or convince someone that something is for them when you don't live and interact with the local population.I think we are downplaying the value of having a local with a locals mindset, that will know how to speak to these people because he has lived their lives.

matt608 is a great radio personality and thats his natural talent lets support that, He is all ready great at it, give his show a listen and tell me he isn't good.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

+5%

We DO have several people who are in or from Argentina or have experience in that market. And from what I've seen, they're lining up to help Matt608. He's got a team going and he's developing partnerships. We need this delegate in there NOW.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

+5%

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Our short term goals are:
 - Evangelize the Argentina Bitcoin community.
 - Use the existing Bitcoin infrastructure to convert ARS<=>bitUSD.

Hello guys, it's awesome seeing so much interest about Argentina!

I had been following this awesome community since almost a year, but I was only active on bitcointalk forum.[1] I now think it's time to take actively part of this great project.

For almost two years I had been participating in the organization of meetups here in Buenos Aires [2], which now are mostly being done at least monthly in the new Bitcoin Embassy along with other events.
We are also in the making on a Civil Association so we can have a legal framework behind us (more news about this soon :).

We were talking just this weekend with Matias (ElMato) about making some local work toward marketing, and that particularly a Bitshares Meetup will be a good start.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=86588
[2] http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Argentina/members/58917112/ (fran2k robohash ;)

Hi, this is a question for you or Elmato. In terms of marketing BitUSD to Argentina...

Do you think Matt's delegate plan is the best approach? 
Or do you think we would do better getting another marketing delegate based in Argentina?
Maybe someone already based at the Bitcoin Embassy too, with Argentina + Bitcoin marketing experience to handle marketing and marketing material for Argentina? If so is there anyone you can suggest?

If I may offer my perspective, we should have 3-5 marketing delegates at 100% pay just for targeting the Argentinian market.  Far far more has been spent on western markets where cost effectiveness will be lower due to less need for the product.  This ratio of western marketing/inflationary economies needs to be corrected.  That is why I have stepped up.  I would fully support multiple Argentina marketing delegates who presented a solid plan.  But lets get this one going first before launching more. 

And many thanks for all the votes everyone! :)

I don't think 5 Argentinian marketing delegates are warranted until we have more information about this market. There are circa 8000 people to initially target. (Existing Bitcoin users.) It's a very focused group. What we need is marketing at the epicentre of Bitcoin Argentina. We now have a Bitcoin Embassy based team looking to evangelise that community. They may be able to suggest the ideal marketing candidate for this role, who has both Bitcoin & Argentinian marketing experience, including valuable media contacts in the area. They may be able to do most of what you are planning to do for BitUSD, faster and more effectively.

I will vote for you as at the present time we need more marketing delegates showing your kind of initiative. This may not be the most productive/valuable use of your time though if we can get Argentinian based marketing talent with Bitcoin contacts and experience.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:29:09 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline matt608

• View Profile

I had been following this awesome community since almost a year, but I was only active on bitcointalk forum.[1] I now think it's time to take actively part of this great project.

For almost two years I had been participating in the organization of meetups here in Buenos Aires [2], which now are mostly being done at least monthly in the new Bitcoin Embassy along with other events.
We are also in the making on a Civil Association so we can have a legal framework behind us (more news about this soon :).

We were talking just this weekend with Matias (ElMato) about making some local work toward marketing, and that particularly a Bitshares Meetup will be a good start.

[2] http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Argentina/members/58917112/ (fran2k robohash ;)

Hi, this is a question for you or Elmato. In terms of marketing BitUSD to Argentina...

Or do you think we would do better getting another marketing delegate based in Argentina?
Maybe someone already based at the Bitcoin Embassy too, with Argentina + Bitcoin marketing experience to handle marketing and marketing material for Argentina? If so is there anyone you can suggest?

If I may offer my perspective, we should have 3-5 marketing delegates at 100% pay just for targeting the Argentinian market.  Far far more has been spent on western markets where cost effectiveness will be lower due to less need for the product.  This ratio of western marketing/inflationary economies needs to be corrected.  That is why I have stepped up.  I would fully support multiple Argentina marketing delegates who presented a solid plan.  But lets get this one going first before launching more. 

And many thanks for all the votes everyone! :)

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
I see you studied philosophy as well. Plato's vision is the prophecy.. :D

And those who lack the vision are dancing at shadows on the wall.

I have voted for Matt as well.
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 03:56:54 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I see you studied philosophy as well. Plato's vision is the prophecy.. :D

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Please everyone vote for matt608.

We need many good marketing proposals like this one.

Thanks Ander.