Author Topic: Business development delegate  (Read 39075 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Great example of the buddy system (two individuals doing one delegate) working as it should! Thanks Thom!

Tuck Fheman

Offline Thom

Thank you Jonathon, that's very generous of you to offer.

I have all the info required to restore the delegate operation on a new VPS, but the question is, is that the correct course of action?

verbaltech was a 100% business development delegate. I was getting a 15% fee to support the technical work and gentso got 85%

I would certainly be willing to send the 85% somewhere else, if that is what the community wants to do. Although it wasn't much due to the low marketcap, I was very grateful to have that source of funds coming in. My computer services business is my only other source of income, and in a town of only 300 people it doesn't always bring in enough to pay the bills.

If the community is willing to support my role as a witness and have me redirect the delegate fees elsewhere I have the required account keys.

Gentso was planning on sending me a USB stick that I was going to put all of the delegate info on and send it back to him. He never followed through however. So I am the person with all the necessary info to restore delegate operation.

I am not clear DSN what exactly you were disagreeing with about lib_jay's post. As far as I'm concerned delegate.verbaltech is done, unless the community wants to keep me in place as a witness and have me direct the funds elsewhere. It should be up to the community.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:01:06 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Thank you for bringing this up Thom, as it would have been very easy to just let slide.  Its probably more difficult for you to bring this up since you are so close to the project.  Good to see you have integrity.

That said, we should down vote this delegate right away.  @bytemaster, please withdraw your votes from this delegate.  I believe we have too many non performing 100% delegates and we need to move more 3% or less delegates in.

I disagree with you on this point.. every 100% delegate I am involved with is working every single day on something to do with advancing bitshares. There are also others who have not been voted in that are doing a lot... voters seems to have chosen not to support them yet.

I'm not saying every 100% delegate is underperforming.... but I think everyone would agree that some are major under performers.  I do believe bunker mining or c-lains would be a good choice to replace verbaltech if I had to choose another 100% delegate.

Tuck Fheman

I disagree with you on this point.. every 100% delegate I am involved with is working every single day on something to do with advancing bitshares. There are also others who have not been voted in that are doing a lot... voters seems to have chosen not to support them yet.

+5%

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Thank you for bringing this up Thom, as it would have been very easy to just let slide.  Its probably more difficult for you to bring this up since you are so close to the project.  Good to see you have integrity.

That said, we should down vote this delegate right away.  @bytemaster, please withdraw your votes from this delegate.  I believe we have too many non performing 100% delegates and we need to move more 3% or less delegates in.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Thanks Lil_jay.  I think a call for a down vote is appropriate. Although I haven't' heard from gentso, and thus don't know why he has taken this course of action, I do believe this was his choice.

If you have your WIF key for the delegate then please contact me and we will get your delegate up and running at the bunker.

I don't care about whatever politics or issues are going on ATM I am more concerned with the network status.

I am available through the evening to get the delegate server back online if you still got the key to do it.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Thom

Thanks Lil_jay.  I think a call for a down vote is appropriate. Although I haven't' heard from gentso, and thus don't know why he has taken this course of action, I do believe this was his choice.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
spoke to him a few weeks ago he was looking fwd to 2.0 release
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline topcandle

You mean yet another project that was talked up big time that couldn't even stand upright out of the gates?  Another one bites the dust.  How many more before the red curtains close?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:43:48 pm by topcandle »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Thom

This post is to inform the community about sudden changes to the status of delegate.verbaltech, which is now offline.

The first hint of any problem came from DataSecurityNode via skype who reported the delegate was offline. It looks like it went offline during the mumble hangout.

I was unable to login to the VPS. I reviewed the email for the VPS account and it looks like Gentso changed it and the VPS password. This was all his doing, and I am shocked and taken aback by his lack of communication. I spoke with gentso on Monday on skype, who stepped away to answer a phone call. He returned only by text msg that he had to go and would talk to me later. I haven't spoke to him since.

Stan PM'd me to ask how to reach gentso. I explained that there seems to be an issue with the forum, b/c you can no longer PM gentso1 by typing in that username, but you can PM him if you find one of his previous posts. Stan said he PM'd gentso but did not hear back.

That's all I know at this point. I have no idea what gentso is up to. It looks like he is stepping away from BitShares. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt regarding his motivations for his actions but it doesn't look good from my perspective. I can see no valid reason for cutting communications off cold like he has. If he wished to disengage & shut down the delegate he is of course free to decide to do that. Why he chose not to inform me of his intent to do that is a complete mystery.

Bottom line is delegate.verbaltech is his delegate and he is free to do with it as he wishes. I just expected he would have had the integrity to keep his partner and the community better informed.

Very disappointing.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:58:40 pm by Thom »

Offline fuzzy

woooot woooot - congratz - after a long time ... here you're! Well deserved dude!  +5%

Thank you for your support.

The timing couldn't have been better either :)

Congrats guys.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
woooot woooot - congratz - after a long time ... here you're! Well deserved dude!  +5%

Thank you for your support.

The timing couldn't have been better either :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█