Author Topic: Angel Shares Feedback Requested  (Read 78124 times)

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
I think there should be a place on the 3I website where we can see how many Bitcoins have been invested in angel shares in the last week. This way investors can calculate roughly what they expect to gain from investing in 3I instead of purchasing angel shares on an exchange.
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline que23

• View Profile
Here is what I think will happen.  A vocal minority who want something for nothing will cause everyone who believes wealth destruction creates value will sell.   Sophisticated investors who see the value of future dacs will buy.   Very sophisticated investors will buy angel shares because they get the same product while increasing chance of success and not rewarding those who mine and dump.

Earlier people wanted a human in the loop mining algorithm tied to labor rather than capital.  We will work with the community to find a way for the little guy to earn his pts by performing some useful task for the dacs.  This can be put toward viral marketing and referrals. 

Other ideas are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see how it made sense to Satoshi to make BTC a mineable commodity. But it doesn't really make sense for the Bitshares' project at all. You need to fund development. And I think a lot of people are still confused about what PTS/BTSs are. A lot of miners see themselves as lottery winners rather than workers. As a viral marketing campaign, mining has lost a lot of its potency. By redirecting resources, you can bring a much smarter group of people to the project which is much more beneficial. I will wait for the Angle Shares to help support the project.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline oqpsk

• View Profile
The proof-of-work would be switched to the signature of our private key and we would set up a server to produce one block every 2 minutes.

I have a concern on the security issue. With such approach applied, the cornerstone of a digital currency might be compromised. PTS is in essence a P2P payment network, which is backed by the proof-of-work mechanism with enormous decentralized computational power, be it Amazon clusters, bot-networks or anything else. That's how the system works. You shouldn't simply degrade the conventional mining procedures — even if they generate large billings — since your centralized replacement could not offer the key merit. I understand your intention, but this may not be a clever move.

Offline bytemaster

Here is what I think will happen.  A vocal minority who want something for nothing will cause everyone who believes wealth destruction creates value will sell.   Sophisticated investors who see the value of future dacs will buy.   Very sophisticated investors will buy angel shares because they get the same product while increasing chance of success and not rewarding those who mine and dump.

Earlier people wanted a human in the loop mining algorithm tied to labor rather than capital.  We will work with the community to find a way for the little guy to earn his pts by performing some useful task for the dacs.  This can be put toward viral marketing and referrals. 

Other ideas are welcome.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
I  like the new idea .I do not like mining.
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline que23

• View Profile

If Angel Shares started in Jan. and Bitshares came out in March, then that's like 10 weeks times 100,000 shares, plus the PTS shares that are out now.... Does that mean Bitshares will only have somewhere over 2,000,000 shares period? If so, wouldn't that mean the current price of PTS are undervalued?

Exactly

But if I bought more PTS at the undervalued price I would make more but wouldn't be supporting the development of DACs. I'm conflicted.

Offline gloine

• View Profile
Founders who provide capital provide greater service and take greater risk.  They hold for long term value without any restraints on their selling or they wouldn't invest to begin with.

Even though founders put in a considerable amount of capital, they are not supposed to sell out in a short term. If they really need more initial capital for further growth, I believe they should premine a certain amount to a public key and announce that it would be used for further development. The process should be transparent so that everyone knows how the money is used for the project.

Offline bytemaster

Founders who provide capital provide greater service and take greater risk.  They hold for long term value without any restraints on their selling or they wouldn't invest to begin with.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gloine

• View Profile
Premining only applies to those who get something for nothing.  Why shouldn't we require pts holders who mined  from dumping for 3 years.  Based upon earlier arguments against vesting it seems that some think miners have a right to dump for a profit but no one else.

Anyone who buys with capital should be allowed to sell at any time.  We are not advocating invictus get free shares that we could dump on the market After launch.

So you mean it's unfair that miners are allowed to sell and founders are not? Miners come for short term service and profit and founders believe in long term vision.

Founders can always participate in mining to provide the service for operation and pursue short-term profit, too.

Offline bytemaster

The global warming scam is off topic. 

Offline fuzzy

Waste of electricity/carbon print of mining is the main global issue of cryptos today.

Yes...and also a central theme governments around the world are attempting to use to control their people.  "Carbon", and "Global Warming," along with the newly minted "Transpacific Partnership" Trojan Horse mean to destroy each country's sovereignty and instate a new, global, order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMsZAVnySI  <--- A good video (from a LIBERAL news site, mind you, that talks about this)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bytemaster

If Angel Shares started in Jan. and Bitshares came out in March, then that's like 10 weeks times 100,000 shares, plus the PTS shares that are out now.... Does that mean Bitshares will only have somewhere over 2,000,000 shares period? If so, wouldn't that mean the current price of PTS are undervalued?

Exactly

Offline que23

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Premining only applies to those who get something for nothing.  Why shouldn't we require pts holders who mined  from dumping for 3 years.  Based upon earlier arguments against vesting it seems that some think miners have a right to dump for a profit but no one else.

Anyone who buys with capital should be allowed to sell at any time.  We are not advocating invictus get free shares that we could dump on the market After launch.

Offline fuzzy

True, the legal ramifications would be difficult in this scenario. If Invictus did all the paperwork, there wouldn't be any problems from the government. The real problems would be people that are afraid that Invictus is being controlled by the government.
Amen...
but not by "the" government...but by ANY government ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D