Author Topic: Bter hacked. PTS, bitassets withdrawal successful. Share you experience.  (Read 123026 times)

Offline fuzzy

Why don't you buy mtgox?

There is your answer.

Pull your fucking heads out of your ass and kill this thread. Nobody is going to do business with any incarnation of bter now.

If you truly believe buying an insolvent company is the best time to buy it, then riddle me this: who bought Lehman Brothers or Enron?

Bter has exactly 1 asset; their name. Only the dumbest person on the planet would pay anything more than a buck for it as it's is a tainted name and may only have slight posterity, sentimental, or bragging rights in its worth.

Bter lost over $1.7 million worth of bitcoin at the time of the theft. Double that number if bitcoin skyrockets to  $500 per.
Or who bought Bear Stearns?  JP Morgan did.  JP Morgan became bigger and more powerful from the deal...took the assets that needed to be shed and sold them, and kept the rest for themselves.

Mind you I'm not a big fan of them, but it is true.

JP Morgan also got freshly printed fiat for their troubles.  At that point, people chose security over freedom.  Interestingly, Satoshi gave us bitcoin around the same point in time, for those of us who wanted to choose freedom. 

If we could get some freshly printed btc for our troubles, I would say go for it.  Fortunately, crypto doesn't work that way.  Solutions to these problems are required to be free market in nature.  In this case, bter will most likely have to be expunged from the system.

I actually believe the crisis was engineered so "Satoshi" could create bitcoin to usher in a New World Currency that would be ultimately controlled by the same people. 

I mean do we really think that Satoshi is still in danger when we have so many people openly working in crypto?  It is all the Hegelian Dialectic man:  Create the problem knowing you already have the solution that benefits you most ready for launch.  Then when people are crying out for someone to fix the problem, you drop in the trojan horse to "fix it" for them. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:22:11 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
Why don't you buy mtgox?

There is your answer.

Pull your fucking heads out of your ass and kill this thread. Nobody is going to do business with any incarnation of bter now.

If you truly believe buying an insolvent company is the best time to buy it, then riddle me this: who bought Lehman Brothers or Enron?

Bter has exactly 1 asset; their name. Only the dumbest person on the planet would pay anything more than a buck for it as it's is a tainted name and may only have slight posterity, sentimental, or bragging rights in its worth.

Bter lost over $1.7 million worth of bitcoin at the time of the theft. Double that number if bitcoin skyrockets to  $500 per.
Or who bought Bear Stearns?  JP Morgan did.  JP Morgan became bigger and more powerful from the deal...took the assets that needed to be shed and sold them, and kept the rest for themselves.

JP Morgan also got freshly printed fiat for their troubles.  At that point, people chose security over freedom.  Interestingly, Satoshi gave us bitcoin around the same point in time, for those of us who wanted to choose freedom. 

If we could get some freshly printed btc for our troubles, I would say go for it.  Fortunately, crypto doesn't work that way.  Solutions to these problems are required to be free market in nature.  In this case, bter will most likely have to be expunged from the system. 

Offline fuzzy

Why don't you buy mtgox?

There is your answer.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 12:44:55 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Woohoo!!! The bitshares selling can resume...
-5%

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Why don't you buy mtgox?

There is your answer.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
They are only allowing USD, CNY, and NXT withdrawals currently.

Yes that's what they say but if you click to withdraw one of them it says disabled. This could take some time at this rate.. ughhhh
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Another thing I didn't have the time to explain earlier: since BTER is willing to hand over the brand and website and dissolve the company there won't be a need to keep the central exchange running with the same staff. That means we can transform BTER in whatever we want: a Bitshares centric exchange, a gateway.

If that happens I'm willing to roll my sleeves and help migrating BTER to a new Bitshares centric backend. But first we need to nail the funding aspect.

Tbh that sounds nice. And even better if after that each member could purchase part of bter in the BitShares client and receiving part of the profits the exchange would make
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:51:53 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
They are only allowing USD, CNY, and NXT withdrawals currently.

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
What does your balance say after you login to bter.com ? Mine is completely broken. Was there a mess with user IDs?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Woohoo!!! The bitshares selling can resume...

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Revolution is inevitable.

TurkeyLeg

I'm tired of trying to convince this community that having a customer base is critical or that the best time to acquire a business is when it's on the verge of failure. Dilution has been abused for all the wrong reasons but it won't be allowed for a good reason. Delegates are abused for all sorts of superficial matters but it won't be allocated to meaningful business moves like acquiring a customer base.

This the the second proposal I make that goes nowhere due to a total lack of perspective here. I proposed bridging Ripple to Bitshares to bring in liquidity and would have happily developed it myself but was opposed with libertarian rethoric that Ripple is centralized and bank friendly and therefore evil (nevermind the liquidity). Now people seem unable to see beyond the superficial of a failed exchange to look at its assets (nevermind the customer base, the liquidity, the ecosystem and the infrastructure).

This community really lacks business accumen and seems content maintaining the status quo. So be it. I wish you people all the best.

I'm HODL or Bust with my small fortune of BTS, but Klosure makes some valid points here.  +5%

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
We are preparing for the withdrawals. CNY, USD and NXT withdrawals will be handled first.

No mention of BTS, and add to that the confusion of snapshots/vested balances.
I hope any of our dev is trying to get in touch.

+5%

sumantso

We are preparing for the withdrawals. CNY, USD and NXT withdrawals will be handled first.

No mention of BTS, and add to that the confusion of snapshots/vested balances.
I hope any of our dev is trying to get in touch.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Update from @btercom